I saw my new home.
Wanna see?
I don't know why I find this funny.
On one hand, I think it would be a nice place to live.
On the other hand, I think it may get annoying as hell.
We have gone to communities of 55 and older and everyone was so damn old to us. This probably wouldn't be like that. I don't even like Jimmy Buffett music all that much but the whole vibe could be interesting.
If I were to move to Florida I sure would prefer the gulf coast vs. ocean side.
And something tells me this would get old. No pun intended.
What do you think?
14 comments:
Looks like a great place, doesn't it. The name alone makes you want to move in.
The name itself sounds appealing, hmmm.
Jane and Alessandra - yep the name is fun. Makes me want some tequila. :-)
So here's my experience with 55 and older community -- you start out being really young but in time the older people are gone, new and younger people move in, and suddenly you are the old crowd.
I like my FL west coast home, but all the community activities are wasted on me for the most part.
Daytona is too far north, and also being on the east coast hurts it. I think it would be better down around Naples or Ft. Myers.
Have to be careful with margarita's too. Can't have grapefruit with my cholesterol meds, going to need another mixer. Or just do the tequila neat - that works!
Well there Olga you put that in perscpective. :-)
Brian - I just do Cabo Wabo in Lemonade. yummy.
I too prefer the west coast of Florida. We won't be moving there. If we go south it will be between Tampa to Naples. we like it all in between there.
Nope. Too many bugs in Florida to be there year round.
you don't have bugs in Missouri Mike?
Not in the winter.
I read about this and it looked promising, should I be forced to move end of this year because I am now over the income. THEN I realized it's in Florida. Too far for this California native.
But Cabo Wabo is Sammy Hagar isn't it? Whole different musical thang happening there!!
Brian - yes it is a whole different musical thang. I prefer Sammy to Jimmy. But hey cabo can make a damn fine margarita. :-)
I think I'm ready for 55+. My friend and I are going to look into some complexes they have in town. She really immobile these days and I think it would do her good to be around people to chat with. I do love Jimmy and I'd be morning than willing to check it out but I'm sure it will be out of my social security price range. (As are most things),
Barbara, It's in Florida so prices are sure cheaper down there than up here. But I hear you. I doubt it would be affordable to most of us.
Post a Comment