Ah, fun customers.
Here's a goodie for you.
From my morning on this rainy Tuesday.....
"Hi My name is Rob and I saw your great reviews on Yelp.
So tell me if you are as good as they say you are?"
(really? you are asking me this?)
I ignore this and just say, "Hello. What can I do for you today?"
He proceeds to tell me he has a lot of investment properties.
"They are all paid off too"
Why do I need to know this and why should I even care?
So I say, Hmm.
He goes on. Because this is really about nothing more than he being impressed with himself. He tells me all kinds of personal things and I have yet to say a word. I just let him go off on his tour of his impressive self. He then gets to our company and what he wants to do and the order in which he wants to do it.
I tell him we don't recommend this and the reason why. Most people at this point have a light bulb moment and say, "oh I get it, yes that makes total sense"
But that's not this guy's M.O. I go on to say he can do it that way but we will ask him to sign a document stating this is out of order and when they damage our work there will be a charge to come back and redo it.
He laughed and said, "no. won't do that."
I said, "okay. I'm sorry we will have to decline the work then sir"
He laughed and asked to speak to one of the men here.
Oh, here we go.
"There are no men here right now sir. I can have one call you when they are back in the office."
He said, "well I have to think about this price anyway." He hangs up.
I hoped he would never call again. Damn those good reviews.
He called today. He was asking me another question that I answered yesterday but not to his liking. I said, "You know my boss in here today would you like to speak with him?" I think he creamed his jeans at the idea of speaking to The Man.
'The Man' told him everything I told him. He is doing it our way without any fuss because a man told him. This arrogant ass told Rick all about his piles of money too. I was given the phone back to make this guy's appointment.
And just because he hasn't been a big enough dick he says, "Hope you are as good as your reviews say you guys are" I again just ignore his remarks and confirm the date and time. It's killing me being nice to this jerk.
Oh, my God. I told Rick I wish to walk away from this job after I hung up.
He said, "Nah, it'll be fine"
I have a feeling Rick will regret this one. I honestly hope I am wrong.
God, please let me be wrong on this one.
Rick's score being right about these things in the past are zero.
I pointed this out to him and he laughed.
I hope this is a first and Rick is right. Please have Rick be right!
11 comments:
Oh gosh I know everything about having weird feelings about a job and it always turns out I was right, usually because the customer won't pay. Good luck!
Asking to speak with the men was really a touch of class then!
My instincts say this guy is setting you up to stiff you on the job. What a jerk, asking for a man!
Jean - my thoughts exactly!!
Can you imagine if I started my blog each and every day telling you all that I have (I have nothing but you know what I mean!)Who cares? What kind of people do this? And more importantly what kind of people are impressed by it? (aside from our orange leader)
As I have written here many times over the years when my husband wore a suit to work with a big VP in front of his title he garnered respect without doing anything. Now he is blue collar and treated almost as badly as me, but having a penis gets him a bit better treatment. :-)
I have fifty (yes, thats FIVE ZERO) dollars IN CASH right now!! Are you impressed? No?
Okay then, could I please speak to someone who has a penis?
I'm sure he will be impressed.
I really, really hate dealing with the general public. There are many reasons why I do not. You're a saint. Really.
Why Ami, I am impressed because i only have $6 in my wallet right now. But if you insist I can have a big ole penis call you so you can impress him.
😆
Girls talking about penis'. I like it. Keep going!
And tell that guy he has to leave his as a deposit on the work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC14g4LJZbk
This seems relevant...:)
Ami, loved the video. Showed it to Rick too. I said can you imagine if women did this? Always talking about our tits? I mean really. I could sing I have enormous boobs! Too funny.
I was thinking that when you get someone like Mr Teeny Dickless on the line, you could say, "One moment, Sir," and put him on hold. And then play that for the hold music. :-D
Ami, oh what fun that would be. Too bad I like to eat and have to be nice to people so they will give me money. I hate when that happens
LOL Scott is good at judging people like that at work. "not worth his business!"
Post a Comment