Thursday, March 30, 2017

Harming myself

In my continuing quest to do harm to myself I think I fractured my pinkie toe on my left foot. If it has not been fractured then it just hurts like a bear.

Last evening while Rick was watching a stupid show called Survivor I decided this was a great time for laundry folding and stripping the bed.
As I was coming around from his side of the bed I smacked my foot on the bench at the foot of the bed so very hard. I heard the crack. I immediately sat on that murderous bench holding my foot. Rick came running upstairs because he thought I had fallen.  No fall this time.

This morning it hurts like a son of a bitch. It's red but not swollen. But wearing shoes is painful as was attempting to walk the dog this morning after Rick left.
Honestly, I am still sore and black & blue everywhere from the fall, now a limp from doing this. What the shit is going on with me?  I think I should start drinking perhaps I will walk better than I do when I'm sober.
I'm afraid I'm just a hot mess so this is all I've got today

I find this one too true



 Or so very very true.
 This is what I deal with when we change the clocks back.....the whole time until the clocks spring forward again!!

13 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I've done that with my toe. Hurts so BAD!!!! Someone or something is trying to tell you to slow down, not move so fast.

Love the idea that chocolate should be classified as a salad.

April said...

Yep I broke my baby toe on Thanksgiving years ago - hit it on a magazine rack. You know how if you hold your hand up that your thumb goes to the side? That was my toe! Hospital wanted to take xray with toe down - didn't happen then when they where fixing to set it they would not hold on and let me be a baby like all my doctors do! He stuck that big ass needle in between my toes and my dad got my claws on his arm! Was so mad!!! Yes I am A BIG BABY.

Yep all of those are true!

Get to go see Notch Monday!!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, my neighbor who saw me limping this morning while walking Izzy laughed when I told her what happened. She told me to hold on as she ran into her house. She came out with bubble wrap, she said the world was a death trap and I needed bubble wrap. Oh we stood there and had a damn good laugh!!

April, what is Notch Monday?

alessandra said...

I agree with Jean and I think you should sit on the couch with your feet up more, it's hard to harm yourself in that way ;)
The memes are hilarious, and so true!

Mike said...

I guess that broken toe is going to put a crimp in your ballet lessons.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike that made me laugh! Remember the commercial "portly ballerina"? That would be me.

Ami said...

I have no good advice. I got hurt (recently) on a paper bag. I got hurt also while brushing my hair. I stood up after putting away some milk in the refrigerator while we were on vacation and caught my left bicep on the handle of the freezer compartment of the fridge. I still have a big assed bruise from that. Oh, yeah, getting out of bed on that same vacation (bed was a little higher off the floor than my regular one and when I stepped down to go to the bathroom the floor was further away than I expected and I jarred my teeth, bit my tongue and stumbled, crashing into the door frame. I have a bruise on my OTHER shoulder from that.

I think it's getting older, personally.
I've never been so accident prone in my entire life.

If the bubble wrap helps, let me know. I'll try anything at this point.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, is it wrong you made me laugh? well if it is about getting older than I imagine my hip will be next damn it. :-)

April said...

Wish I could post a picture here!

Notch my lab that is in training.

https://www.facebook.com/245670845450167/photos/a.1713241868693050.1073742049.245670845450167/1713241988693038/?type=3&pnref=story

That's the fb page with him.

Olga said...

Funny cartoons!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April - okay I get it - Notch, your gorgeous dog. He is a beauty!! Have a fun visit.

April said...

Have new pictures!!!! Need to friend me on FB!!

Julie H said...

I'm famous for whacking my toes like that. My mom says she doesn't have any corners left in her house.