Here are a few of his quotes of late that I have enjoyed.
- I think we should take Iraq and Iran and combine them into one country and call it Irate. All the pissed off people live in one place and get it over with.
- Not eating meat is a decision, eating meat is an instinct.
- Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps! End of list.
- "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" GOP translation: sure, unless they're Mexican. Then fuck 'em
- Lapsed Catholics now 2nd largest US religious group.
- John Edwards says, "I don't think God is through with me." You got that right douchebag.
- Did you ever notice they never take any fat hostages? You never see a guy coming out of Lebanon going: I was held hostage for seven months and I lost 175 pounds, I feel good and I look good and I learned self-discipline. That's the important thing.”
- “I'm the enemy because I like to think. I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy that could sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs or the side order of gravy fries? I want high cholesterol. I would eat bacon and butter and buckets of cheese. Okay? I want to smoke Cuban cigars the size of Cincinnati in the nonsmoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-O all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I might suddenly feel the need to. Okay, pal?”
10 comments:
LOVE Dennis Leary! One of my faves!
Dame - and LOVED his show Rescue Me. Excellent show with great writing and the men on that show were so funny!
Iraq + Iran = Irate. Absolute classic!! And the GOP translation of the "huddled masses" quote ... also classic!!
Bilbo - I love the Iraq + Iran best. Thx for stopping by.
I haven't seen Dennis in awhile. Time for a Youtube search.
And we have quite a contingent of lasped Catholics at our (my wifes) church.
Ok I would have agreed at his comment about the greasy spoon but considering hubby just had a heart attack (he's fine now, but had to have a stent put in)I won't. It wasn't a fun time at all for either of us......
But have to agree about us who are lapse in our religion. There are a lot of us out there!
Mike and Mamma - considering I am a lapse Catholic I liked that one. Or is it that I just don't think organized religion is for me? Hmm...
Denis is one of the all time greats!
Jay
Great Denis Leary quotes!
Brilliant!
Post a Comment