My human mom is out of sorts so I thought I would take over her blog.
I had a wonderful weekend of fishing, swimming, napping and chasing a football and leaping over a wall. Oh how I love that wall of late.
I want to hit the water every morning as soon as I wake up.
Not my parents. It really bugs me that they don't see eye to eye on this subject with me.
Oh no, they sit and drink coffee in the sun porch. What a horrific waste of time.
I just want to scream to them, "C'mon there's water just a few feet away. What are you two doing just sitting there?
Look at my mom's foot sprawled out on the sofa while drinking her coffee.
She's acting like there is nothing else to do at that moment.There's water people! I must go in the water. It's 6AM C'MON!!!!
We're burnin' daylight!"
It worked, they weren't particularly happy but Dad got up and took me down to the dock. For some reason I don't want to go alone - I want him to go with me. SHE can come but I prefer Dad. Ooh I get so exicted when I see him get up. I run to the back door. YIPEE!!
He'll probably throw in a line while I find him fish like here.
I enjoy pacing the dock looking for fish.
I see the fish and I jump in and chase them for Dad.
He never catches them though.
I help him but he just isn't very good at this thing called fishing apparently.
He blames me but I think it's really his fishing skills, not me scaring away the fish when I jump into the water. I don't think he knows what the heck he is talking about.
There is a small wall just outside the daylight basement.
See that 1st wall?
I like when my Dad throws the football while standing there.
I love to jump from the wall to the yard to fetch the ball. Sometimes it goes all the way down to the water. It is almost as much fun as jumping off the dock into the water to fetch the football. Almost.
When I leap off the wall my mom will shriek. She doesn't like to watch me do this feat. I think I'm pretty darn spectacular. Hence my new name Izzy The Wonder Dog.
She thinks I am going to hurt my legs like all my pals in the neighborhood. They are having ACL surgeries like crazy. Not me. I'm an in shape gal.
My bestest bud, Libby, hasn't been able to play with me for months since her ACL surgery. She doesn't get any exercise and the one day she ran with me she torn her ACL. I miss her but it's her fault that Mom is nuts about this.
My Mom is just a worry wart.
I love to leap off that wall so much.
Shh....don't tell her I can probably jump into the car because boy will that make her angry. She and Dad lift me because I refuse to do it.
I've tricked them. I put my little paws up on the back seat of the car and turn my head and look at them with big ole puppy eyes as if to say, "Help me please?" They fall for it every time.
The last day at the lake I swam so much I heard them say they were afraid I'd have limp tail syndrome again so they made me get out of the water. Jeez.
They ruin all the fun sometimes.
I slept all the way home. I didn't realize I was so tired. All that playing at the lake wears me out big time. When we got home they made dinner and ate on the patio. I was so tired I couldn't even bother them and beg for extra food.
That's really not like me.
Here I am while they ate.
I just didn't have the energy to bug them for food, instead I slept 2 ft away.
They actually woke me up at one point. I was having a dream about swimming. It was wonderful. I heard my Dad say, "Izzy it's okay you're dreaming girl." Hey I know that leave me alone.
Apparently my legs were really moving like I was swimming and I was making noises. They should know better than to rub me softly and talk to me while I'm sleeping and dreaming.
I sure didn't want to wake up I was doing what I love to do.
Just wait until Dad has a sex dream - I'm waking that fella up!
See how he likes it.
We aren't going back until Friday this week. Mom's meeting some blogger friends on Thursday night so we can't go then. Big Deal. Why does she think she's more important than me anyways? Pff...blogger friends over me, her loving beautiful dog. And she wonders why I like Dad better!
She and Dad keep talking about how will they ever paint/restain the 1200 sq ft deck if I'm around. I hope they don't get any idea of leaving me at doggie day care. The last time they left me there look what Doggie Day Care did to me? It was some bitches birthday and they made me wear this stupid hat. C'mon it's not a good look on me.
No this picture below is my better look damn it.
Don't I look pretty wet? Yes I do, if I do say so myself.
I belong in water baby!
Don't I look pretty wet? Yes I do, if I do say so myself.
I belong in water baby!
They better take me to the lake this week or I'm taking over this blog!
You have all been warned!



11 comments:
I'm very jealous of your weekends at the lake. I would love to be able to sit back and relax like that!!
Carolyn, I sure hope you mean Izzy was doing the relaxin'.
Gee relax huh?
That was 6am Carolyn.
We worked all day.
powerwashed a 1200 sq ft deck
Scrapped paint off on our knees to repaint/stain said deck.
hung new "dog hiney's" on wall for wet beach towels.
mulched around entrance to driveway.
washed all bedding and draperies from all rooms.
Polyurethaned newly painted tables so I didn't have to buy new ones.
hung pictures in living room since it is now completed (remodeled)
finally put together new sofa from IKEA that came with one cushion missing! Whew yea, we relaxed!
Well at least Izzy relaxed!
Bonnie - I'm coming back in my next life as Izzy. Spoiled to pieces. I want that life!!
oh izzy i loved that video clip of you watching your dad fish. too cute!
and i agree, the birthday hat isn't a good look for you. you don't need to try so hard to be attractive.
At least we know one of you had a fun time at the lake!
Maybe you can visit me Thursday?
Izzy is such a great story teller! Such adventures she has at the lake!
Ms. A - Yep I won't let them bring me down! signed, Izzy
Mike - they won't let me go to that bar or trust me I'd be there.Besides I'm prettier than mom so you would rather meet me.:-)
Julie - do you have a dog? maybe you can come to the lake and let me play with her. My mom and you can sit on those chairs that float and enjoy what she calls her "beverages" :-)
this is a precious post. Great job. I needed a good giggle...
haha-love this! You are quite the good lookin' pup-wet or not!
Post a Comment