Friday, June 1, 2012

Insomnia Boyfriend

Thought I fell off the earth didn't you?
No, just stress and work,and more work and more stress.

We arrived last evening to the lake house.
I do as I always do and forwarded the office phones to my cell and am working from here. It's only 9:30a.m. and already been dealing with crazies for over an hour.
But crazies pay the bills as well as sane people; however it just seems the sane ones aren't calling as often.

On the drive down I received an email from a blogger who is hosting a get together of some local bloggers while another blogger is in town for a visit to his family.  I am really looking forward to this event. It should be fun. 
Can I lose 20lbs and get plastic surgery before this coming Thursday?
Send your ideas here to me stat. I only have a few days you see.

Last night I had terrible insomnia.  I struggle with this a great deal but stress makes it so much worse. So last night while the dog and Rick were snoring I tiptoed out of the room and made my way downstairs to the game room. I am always surprised how dark it is here at night. I know, dark at night, who knew?
Well my smart ass friends it is so dark here in the country unlike in the city.
Any way I turned on a small lamp for a little bit of comfort and tried to focus on reading. I couldn't. My mind wandered. I decided I needed something else so I turned on the television.

To make my whole night, hell month, there he was Jerry Butler.
Yes, that is right I call him Jerry. To you pee ons he is known as Gerard Butler.
He was on BBC America on the Graham Norton show which is a funny little chat show as Graham calls it.

Oh God this man is perfectly manly. Gerard. Mmmmm.
No wimpy ass girly man who is completely waxed to resemble a Ken doll or a woman. No sirree he is manly. Hair on his chest. I bet he can build things too. Hey it's my fantasy he can do whatever I want him to do.
And I want him to do a lot.

I wish I liked his movies more. Sadly,I don't normally care for his movies.
One weekend when my nieces came for a weekend visit they wanted to go see a movie. I told them to choose the movie. I was trying to be nice. I knew there was a chance I would have to watch silly vampires who love humans but I prayed they had the good sense to not do that to me.

They chose Law Abiding Citizen.
Now I am a typical Pisces. I do not like these types of movies.
I am a big wuss. I hate violence and blow up movies.
I walked out of Saving Private Ryan. Shit like that sticks with me for days.
I'm way too emotional for that shit. But it was my nieces who came to visit me without me asking. I was thrilled they were there. I said, "Okay" and I even paid for the pain.

I assumed I would have my eyes closed through most of this even though my boyfriend would be on screen. But then he was naked a lot and well.....I kept my eyes open.  At one point he is standing in his birthday suit with his back to the camera and I yelled, "turn around"
That made one of my nieces spit out her Coke.
The theatre only had 8 people in it so it wasn't a big deal. Besides I don't think anyone other than the 3 of us heard me, including Jerry, because he did not turn around. Damn him.
I love him and yet he disappoints me like that all the time.

But last night for an hour I was in heaven. He chatted a lot. He joked, he smiled, he flirted and I was in nirvana and not feeling stress.
Jerry is good for my endorphins.

19 comments:

regan said...

I just googled him, and I have never see any of his movies! Eeek! How can that be! I think I need to rent something right now.....what do you suggest as his best one.....you know....the one that's gonna make me crazy for him! LOL

Unknown said...

I don't mind violent movies, but I didn't like that one. It was a bit too gory for my taste.

Carolyn said...

haha!! That's too funny. At least you had something to take your mind off not being able to sleep.

Lizbeth said...

Your Jerry is my Ryan....sigh.

And I wish I would have known you were up. I was up wondering around the house. And I ran smack into a wall. Yeah, its dark here at night too. Who knew???

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Regan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GNxdc-wlw4

In all his glory.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Queen Bee - I agree it was gross. I looked away more than I looked at the screen.

Carolyn- and it was something to think about :-)

Lizbeth - smart ass. I'm mad at you, you're not sharing medications that could have helped me last night. :-)

Mike said...

I love shoot 'em up movies. I'll check with my wife to see if I've seen Law Abiding Citizen.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - you have to ask your wife if you saw a movie? Do you forget the names of them or is there something else here? Should we be worried?

mamahasspoken said...

I had the same problem last night too! Well I should say the sleep problem not the 'too hot for the eye candy' problem. But any who, I couldn't sleep if my life depended upon it, tossing and turning for at least three hours. Didn't go downstairs and watch tv because I knew I needed to sleep due to the activities of the day....
As for movies, I'm there with ya! Hell, my fam watch the Hatfields and McCoys on the History channel this past week and kept telling me how great it was. I did try to watch it with them but couldn't take what little bit of violence was on the screen....
I hope this posts, because the word identification is the weirdest thing I've seen today. Keep in mind, I've been to a funeral AND the mall so far....

Dame Nuisance said...

I adore Gerard, too. My favorite role he's played to date is King Leonidas from the movie "300." Ohh. Emm. Gee. I'm drooling at the mere thought of all that gorgeous manly man manliness that he brought to the table for that one. Dayum that man looked fine as a Spartan king. Indeed he did!

Mike said...

OK I saw the movie. I can't remember where though. I watched the trailer on the movies' website and by the end it came back to me that this was the guy with the secret tunnel. Made me want to watch it again.

And no I can never remember names of anything. Like yours. Is it Margaret, Peg, Peggy? Who knows?!

mollie brown said...

Lots of women love him in The Phantom of the Opera, and many love him in PS I Love you. I happen to like Law Abiding Citizen, but I am a Scorpio...:). 300 is where he is buffest, a lot of work for him, as he is normally not that muscly...most who meet him, lots of tweets in Scotland at the moment, like him and say he is very nice. Kind of a scamp with women though!

mollie brown said...

Wish he could do a movie where his lovely Scottish accent is used in all its glory! saw Coriolanus (Shakespeare, directed by Ralph Fiennes) and he uses his normal accent, but you really have to like Shakespeare...plus, he keeps his clothes on.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Dame- never saw 300.
I don't care if he's buff or sporting love handles. To me he is manly and sexy and not a pretty boy like Pitt or the rest of Hollywood.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike...you can call me anything...just call me.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mollie-l love his Scottish accent best.
I also ADORE him in PS I love you!
As for buff....I prefer him a little soft!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

"A scamp with women"
If I looked like him or say Sophia vergara...I too would be a scamp with men or women!
Let him "scamp"me. :-)

Ms. A said...

Trouble sleeping, huh? Yep, me too. I finally went to bed (after your email the other morning) at 9:30 and my daughter woke me up at 11... and it wasn't even important!

What the heck is with these new captcha codes??? Geez, they were already difficult, now they are impossible!

Bilbo said...

Don't worry about the 20 pounds and the plastic surgery. We'll take the group photo from the rear.