Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Perv I Married

My husband has a way of making the most innocent comments filthy.
It usually makes me laugh.
Seriously at what age does this stop?

He loves to do this to me at the most inappropriate times.
You know like a funeral. Yes he did.
He thought it would break the tension.
I wanted to break his arm.

Here are a few from this past week that have come my way -

I had a sore throat and I made the big mistake of saying that out loud.
"Well come on over Dr. Rick has some throat cream for ya. You'll feel better."

Yes, I'm shaking my head as I type this.

Then I bent down to pick up the bag of mulch and he was standing very close by.
"While you're down there......" 

I yelled down the hill, Hey Rick did you grab your rope for the boat?
"I've got your rope right here baby" as he grabs his thigh (yea his thigh, in his dreams)

That was an eye roll in case you couldn't see it just now.

I swear if I said, hand me the salt, he'd say something disgusting.
Problem is I'm a giggler so I laugh and damn it, it just fuels his fire.
I have to NOT laugh!
But it's just so damn stupid and immature that I can't help but to laugh.
This is a 12 year old boy trapped in an old man's body.

He told me last night that he wasn't immature but young in spirit.
I think he's just full of shit.

10 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

My hubby does the same thing, my sons make these jokes too (well not about them and me but them and girl, their dad and me, and any other combination there is).
I think it's has to do with testosterone in-fuel egos they have.
That said, I'd rather have the humor then not laugh at all....

Ms. A said...

I'd faint dead away if my hubby did anything like that.

Mike said...

'...he'd say something disgusting.'

No no, clever and witty. There's a subtle difference.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - Rick NEVER reads my blog. But for some reason he did see this. His response you ask? He laughed and said, C'mon over here and shake this til the salt comes out. It never ends.

Julie H said...

At least he's fun and has a sense of humor. Makes life so much more enjoyable!

Dame Nuisance said...

Darling Husband and I both believe a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste. We frequently employ double entendre although we tried hard not to be crude.

Anonymous said...

This story really made me smile. Our men are soooo very similar.

Hope your mom is doing better.

Hugs,

Bilbo said...

What Mike said. And for what it's worth, Agnes would probably have written something like you did if she had a blog...

Anonymous said...

ugh, jays used that "throat cream" one before. what is wrong with men?

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Rick is obviously an optimist!