Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things that make me go Hmmm.....

A lot of things puzzle me.

• That Michael J. Fox is 50….how can that be?

• Why people wear socks with sandals. Ridiculous and ugly, ugly ugly! Have I mentioned it is hideously ugly? 

• Why men like stupid women even if they don't look like Sophia Vergara, Salma Hayek or Halle Berry(yep those are my hubby's top 3 on his list).

• Why can you gain 5lbs in a weekend but it takes 3 weeks to lose it?

• Why when a bully is insecure he/she wants all around him/her to feel insecure too.  Is that misery loving company?

• Colorblindness.

• Men’s inability to multi-task. (And they think we are the weaker sex.)

• American’s fear and inability to change anything even if broken

• Bigotry

• Why anyone willingly wears a thong all day long.

• Why men believe you when you tell them the thong gets comfortable over time. Men, it's never comfortable you may get used to it but it is never comfortable!

• Bravo TV

• MTV, Music Television? do they even play music anymore?

• Football

• Why people think Jay Leno is funny or that the stupid people in Jay Walking are funny. Jay or that schtick of stupid people on the street is not funny but sad, just very sad.

• Why I don’t win the lottery.

22 comments:

alessandra said...

Haha! Great ones, never wore a thong :D

Carolyn said...

HAHA!!! Seems like you needed to vent a little eh? I agree with a lot that you said though

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carolyn - aah but which ones? thong? socks and sandals? I know you don't wear that look you're from the east coast...that tends to be a west coast thing or an older generation in the east!

I'm With Stupid said...

I don't know why men like stupid women either. Even more than that, I don't know why men like women with no sense of humor. Well, I guess being stupid and not having a sense of humor go together.

Or women who think Jay Leno is funny. That's a deal-breaker right there.

- Jay

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jay this is why I love you! Liking leno would be a deal breaker for me too!!
And ...That is my man's theory - no humor no brains no go - well at least not stay overnight. :-)

Mike said...

We could spend several nights in a bar talking about all these. But for now I'll go with..

'That Michael J. Fox is 50….how can that be?'

Just makes you want to shake your head doesn't it?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - ah lets just all share over drinks. I'll wear my thong. :-) and promise not to be stupid.

April said...

OK - to funny!
I completely can relate to the colorblindness - my son is - no one believed me when I figured it out when he was about a year. (my dad is also color blind). I still wonder what he sees!!! but he is real good figuring stuff out - hell I have to remind his teachers he's color blind when he was little - he wouldn't tell them.

Oh and sorry I wear a thong and no it doesn't bother me - sorry!!!!

Oh and the man thing - how about they can't find anything they are looking for - and we go right in and find it - believe me it's a boy/man thing - it's in thier dna!!!

Have a good one!

Bilbo said...

I'm colorblind, I multitask quite well, and don't like stupid women, even if they wear thongs.

Ms. A said...

The mere thought of having something up my a$$ ON PURPOSE, makes me squirm.

Used to watch Johnny, can't stomach Jay.

I used to be the best multi-tasker. I haven't had a sex change to acquire the inability, just old age.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bill - you multitask? C'mon,is your real name Billie? You are in cognito?
Colorblind just baffles me. I can't imagine what you see? I wish there was something to allow me to see what it is like. Color is so important to me so i just wish I could "get" it. Guess I'm one of those stupid gals. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ms. A. - I agree on the the thong thing! I used to love Johnny. Remember how they would smoke and drink on the show? Wow have times changed. Back when tv was for adults except on Saturdays. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April - okay so you are one of those! :-)

how did you figure out he was colorblind? Now that is interesting. i just find the whole color blindness thing puzzling. I would love to know what they see. My sister believe it or not is color blind. My mom used to say she was lazy. She would say something was green when it was brown etc. Now we laugh about it and my mother feels terrible about it. But normally girls aren't color blind...although she's questionable in that department too...whole 'nother post. :-)

April said...

That's true it's very rare that a girl is color blind!

I really don't know how I started noticing it - (maybe from growing up with my dad being color blind) and might have been because he would ask to make sure of the color. He basically taught himself - I asked him once how he always got his colors right and he just said he would remember which color went where and what they look like to him. He also drove the kids in the neighborhood crazy - see there was a ball stuck in a tree and all the leaves where on the tree so we couldn't see it but he could - he couldn't understand why we couldn't see it! kinda of funny! Oh and his dad would not believe me - took me years for him to believe me but one day I had my son bring me a certain color and it wasn't the right one.

here is a link to a website - it's cool http://www.colblindor.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/

Anonymous said...

i cant believe michael j fox is 50. he was on Curb your enthusiasm the other night and he was hilarious.

i cant STAND jay leno and i truly dont see why people like him.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie- I saw that episode of Curb and he was funny. Saw him on letterman....funny again and he said he was 50 and his son is 23 or something...unbelievable!

Leisa said...

I too, cannot believe that Michael J Fox is 50...but then I have a hard time believing that I'm heading for 45 too!

I hate socks with sandals too, but even moreso I HATE socks with flip flops! (we call them thongs here in Australia) What's with that???

I tried to wear a thong (we call them g-strings) for a while. Ewww! I can't understand people who can!

Thank God we don't get Jay Leno over here. I've seen some of his stuff. Not funny.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Leisa - funny you said that about calling flip flops thongs because when I was a kid that is what we called them as well. I've always wanted to go to Australia and with no Jay I may now consider moving there!!!!!!

injaynesworld said...

Michael J. Fox is 50? I need to sit down and have a good cry now.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU
I'm just going to post your list on the fridge and claim it was mine all along. :)

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!
I'm going to hang your list on the fridge and claim it was mine all along. :)

Julie H said...

I only like thongs when I'm attempting to be sexy. Haven't worn one in a long time lol.

My step dad and my brother are color blind. It's the weirdest thing. He bought a green car thinking it was gray!