Thursday, September 29, 2011

Elvira

I was given a blog award by Diminishing Gene Pool.
Nice right?














Here is the bad thing, I have to write 7 things you may not know about me.
How can that be?
Don't I tell you everything? Don't I over share enough?
You all know about my crazy ass family, my dreams and how some were crushed, how I married two men named Rick and how I see the funny in everything in a twisted way.
Are there 7 things you don't know about me?
I have tried and tried to rack my brains and I think anything I would say would be a repeat to those reading me for awhile now.
But she asked politely so I am gonna try. I apologize for the repeats.
  1. I am a morning person
  2. I don't care for the south at all (yea I know I live there)
  3. I prefer sweet over salty
  4. I am short.
  5. I was a barber for a couple of years. (yes a licensed barber)
  6. I do not eat seafood of any kind...ever....ick.
  7. I miss cake! God how I miss cakes, cookies and all goodies with gluten!!
Still battling this allergy misery. I sound like Nasal Nellie and I can't stop coughing which makes for a fun night of sleep. We were invited to a chocolate party on Friday but I am just not up to attending. Between this cold and my "new" hair I am hibernating.
Yeah, it's that bad that I would not go to a chocolate party!

I thought I'd save a few bucks by coloring my own hair.
I know, I know what the hell was I thinking?
There is a reason people have to go to school for this.
My hair is normally a medium brown. I now look like Elvira. Ah shit!
Rick actually gasped. Oh that made me feel great.
The box said medium chocolate brown.
My head is black. I can't recolor it for at least another week.
And to be honest I fear what I may do so I may end up spending the money anyway.
I tried a new hair color instead of using my normal L'Oreal.
I tried the new foam by John Frieda.
Screw John Frieda!
The picture was the color of my hair - and yet I look like Elvira! WTF?!

Every time I look in the mirror it startles me. It's ugly. And no there will be no pictures.
This sucks.

I am going to go into my hibernating hole now and wait until I can breath through my nose and my hair color is back to brown - hell at this rate the gray would be welcomed.

13 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

I think it's a testament to how non-judgmental and accepting I am, that I'm still coming here reading your blog after finding out that you are both a morning person and don't eat sea food. ha! ;-)

Jay

Anonymous said...

oh no. maybe the color will fade....maybe. i colored my hair black once but i was in high school and miserable so it fit my mood.

my allergies are slowly killing me. for me its a drippy nose, sneezing, and hives. i feel very unattractive.

Ms. A said...

Uh oh. Wash it every chance you get. It'll fade... eventually.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jay – you’re a peach to be so open minded! That’s why I like you and Matt Man
Thanks for still coming by – just remember I’m asleep by 10p so don’t call until 5am when I get up…..but I eat meat and don’t boys prefer that anyways?....take that any way you want big boy!
:-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - yes it will fade but until them I look like hell.

I have begun the dripping stage myself and sneezing. Yea, I was told by a neighbor while walking the dog that I looked horrible. Why is it I can't slap people?

Carolyn said...

Go out and buy a clarifying shampoo. It will help strip the hair of color. Wash it a couple of times with it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - no not a friend. Just a woman who lives a block away that I see all the time walking Izzy. But I'm sick, my eyes/sinus area are puffy and my eyes are red. I feel like shit and I know I look bad. I didn't think it was because of the hair because she started with you sound bad and you look horrible. So I assumed it was allergy related ugly she was talking about. Either way - I wanted to slap her. It's bad enough feeling like shit but to be told you look like shit doesn't make you feel a lot better ya know? So just an asshole. A friend would have said, Oh you poor thing do you want me to walk Izzy for you, it look like your allergies are really bothering you. :-)

Mike said...

I found this just for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFghZmdwXk

Pseudo said...

First timer, I followed your cool profile pic. Curious why you don't like the South... I was there only once but had a really good time. Savannah and then Florida. But then I was a tourist.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - gee thanks! :-)

Pseudo - welcome. It's a great place to visist. I love where I live but further south - nope! I don't wish to offend anyone so I will just say it is not for me.

Carma Sez said...

GAH!!!! I feel for you. Years ago I had this genius idea that I would get my hair dyed blond. It looked pretty good but was starting to get dried out - so I decided not to treat it again and return to my normal color. So I went to a get it fixed. Well, the dude forgot to put in some sort of necessary filler before redying on top of the blonde and he dyed it jet black. I looked like Elvira too. It was horrible!!!! One day at work I was blonde- the next black. I never again messed with my hair. I hope I'll never need to dye it. I'm still traumatized :D

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

A licensed barber? Now that sounds like an interesting career!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Megan - actually it was. I only worked with men and you would think they aren't as picky but you'd be wrong. But being the only female I did very well !!
I loved it but I got bored. So I went back to school and went a complete 180.