The west is known for their earthquakes.
The south for their heat/droughts and hurricanes
The midwest for flooding and snow.
The mid atlantic where I live is known for no real weather except humidity.
Oh and our annoying blow hards in government.
So this year the mid-atlantic has hail in summer, hurricanes, earthquakes and flooding.
The south and midwest are dry.
The west is steady.
What the hell is happening?
Yesterday it took my husband from 4pm to 7pm to get home.
He was 17 miles away. Flooding of roads caused a lot of road closures.
The main thorough fare we live off of is Rt. 50 W and it was closed.
So he went past his exit and tried another way home.
While it was a great idea to take that route, that road too was closed because it was flooded.
He put down his window and asked the police who were there if Pleasant Valley Rd was closed and they said it too was closed. He said, any ideas how I can get to XYZ?
They said, "Good Luck... and don't drive through standing water."
Gee thanks!
He had a helluva time finding his way home yesterday but he finally did.
When it normally rains it makes for bad traffic on the beltway but yesterday was pretty bad.
Today schools in Southern Maryland and Northern VA are closed.
Some local gov't offices are closed.
Weird isn't to close for rain? It's been that kind of summer.
I fear what winter will bring. Seriously fear.
I may need to go put a snow plow on lay-a-way.
In the mean time I need to get my ass over to the Wine Store today after work to pick up my September wine club selections that are waiting for me and try to stay dry....on the outside that is.
Besides since I'm building an ark and I need 2 by 2, I will need 2 bottles of cabernet, 2 bottles of pinot noir, 2 bottles of syrah, 2 bottles of merlot........

6 comments:
Yes I'm about done with the rain too!!!! Too much flooding here as well and trees falling constantly too. UGH
I'm sorry about being away for a bit. Every time I try to read your posts my daughter starts to bug me!!
OK, I think you've been through enough already! I'm glad you're taking a positive look at things...I'm not sure I would be able to!!
Thinking of you--L
I heard there was a guy carrying a sign saying 'the end was near'. He was washed away in a flood. Looks like he was right.
Since I'm running late getting here (babysitting) I hope your rain has stopped, or at least slowed down.
It just stopped at 4p....the sun is now out...I hope it stays for awhile.
We seriously lucked out in our NoVa neighborhood. Several of our neighbors had flooded basements, and just a block over there was a major lake where the street bottoms out, but - miraculously - we escaped flooding, despite living at the bottom of the hill on a cul-de-sac with marginal drainage. I'm with you ...I'm dreading this winter.
Post a Comment