Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What I did on my summer vacation.

It's a damn sad state of affairs when I long for my routine
That is either a sign of old age or doing too much to excess.
I think in my case it may be both of these things.
It's not lost on me how pathetic that sounds!

We got to the lake on Wednesday evening.
I worked all day Thursday and Thursday night the fun ensued.

I ate, I drank and I did it all over and over again....and again.
I came home 3.4lbs heavier than when I left.
Rick gained 6lbs.
So today it's all fruit, protein and salads and back to normal.
But damn it was fun!!

We had great hot weather which is what you want when boating and swimming.
Izzy is overseeing everyone having fun in the water.


After going through most of the vacation videos I deemed them all inapporpriate for public consumption.
However since this young lad wants this to be on America's Funniest Home Video's we know he won't mind you watching him fall. Of course you can hear me being a very bad influence on him while his mother yells at me. 

No one was harmed during this video so no nasty letters. Alright I may have harmed his ears because I did say hell but other than that he was fine. What you can't hear is when he says, "help" as he is going down. For some reason that was funny and cute to me because I knew he wasn't hurt and it was so faint. That's his mom who ran to him of course as the mean lady just video tapes the poor child. He was talking so we knew he was okay.

 

Today it is cool, dark, dreary and has been raining all day so far.
I normally love days like today but prefer they be on Saturday or Sunday.
I wish I could go to bed with a good book and some wine.
Seriously I have to stop this.....I am no longer on vacation.
Damn it's gonna be a tough long week.

13 comments:

Raquel's World said...

That was funny. I bet if my kids came down there you would have lots of UTube footage LOl

Mike said...

If I was there and knew the kid could swim I would have waited on a 20 count before even going to look.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - he could not only swim but he had been diving all morning. Funny kid too!

Ms. A said...

Lord have mercy. Remind me not to let you babysit my grandkids. (just kidding) You'd probably be encouraging them to do all kinds of crazy things and then be filming me, crying and acting like a lunatic, trying to get them to stop.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ms. A - now you've figured out my plan for not being asked to babysit. :-) I let them have sugar too.....tee hee

Carolyn said...

HAHA I loved that video. Poor kid.

I am so sick of this rain we are having! I love deary days to, but not when I have to drive 45 mins to work!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

DO IT FROM THE ROCKS! Ya gotta get right back on the horse, right? That was hysterical but I don't think his mom is gonna love the 27 seconds of butt shot time you gave her. hehehehehe.

Bilbo said...

The climate really is changing ... instead of Germany being cold and rainy and here being warm and sunny, we seem to have had the reverse. But I guess if I'd paid all that money to fly to Germany for cold and rain, I'd be bitching. Never mind.

Anonymous said...

Now i KNOW i left a comment on this post! WHAT THE FIRETRURCK?!?! peggy are you censoring me or are my comments not getting through???

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - heaven's no - not censoring you and did not see a comment....just went through my emails and didn't see one....getting kind of eerie.

Anonymous said...

this is so bizarre. ive been leaving comments on all your recent posts and i think only about half of them are getting through. very weird.

anyway i love this video. i love how the woman (the mother?) says, "we're DONE peggy!" also, im glad you discouraged him from going to the rocks.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - I got them all - Yep I love how Laura is yelling at me that we are done too! I'm the old one of the bunch and I am getting reprimanded...tee hee. I love her kids though.

Julie H said...

Cute kid! Love the cautious mom, I'm always like beee carrreefullll!!! I couid barely watch the kids play on that equipment at the park lol.