Things rolling around in my head today.....
**I had a salad this past weekend that I can't stop thinking about. I know, a salad!
This salad at first made me think, "ooh these things don't go together and I don't even like some of them" But man did it work. It was a salad of mixed greens, goat cheese (which I don't normally care for) carmalized walnuts (which I normally find too sweet) enormous blackberries, crispy pancetta, with a house balsamic dressing. Now I don't normally like fruit in my salad and yet those blackberries really worked with the dressing as well as everything else. You would think it'd be sweet but it wasn't. I guess this is why I am not a chef, these are not things I would ever put together but I love it. I can't stop thinking about it. I want this salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
**American Idol has some of the best voices this year. However last night was horrific.
Why is Steven Tyler saying nice things when they suck? He needs to man up with his comments. I expect that from J.Lo but not Steven. If the only nice thing they have to say is how nice you look well then you stink.
I did not get Paul MacDonald doing Ryan Adams. I don't get anything about this guy except he is cute but his voice?...not so much!
I thought Pia was awesome but I found the song a bit boring. But the girl can sing and she is gorgeous!
I adored James Durbin! I admit I love hard rock so yes he was great with a Judas Priest song but I thought he may not be able to do another style. But he did a great job doing Paul McCartney's Maybe I'm Amazed. I was a bit shocked and pleasantly surprised at his control of the song. Who knew he could do that? The other person I enjoyed was Casey Abrams. I like that he is different. I worry that because he has an older vibe and doesn't normally sing things from this generation that he may be overlooked by the tweens who call in. Other than that I thought the rest were awful. And that my friends is my humble opinion and would love to hear yours.
And lastly.....
**I am tired that I can't even turn on the evening news and escape the Charlie Sheen so called news. I don't care anymore so please let's stop the insanity.
Charlie needs help. He does not need more attention, at least not the gawking kind which is all that is out there. He doesn't need people egging him on. He surely doesn't need lookie loo's who want to just make fun of him for sport or ratings or magazine sales.
He is a 45 yr old man who is mentally ill. He needs his family to help him or someone who genuinely cares about him. Not just gawkers/people who are using him for ratings.
Look, I actually really liked Two and a Half Men. It was on my DVR. It made me laugh as sophmoric as it was. But it may have now run it's course. If not it will come back in some form or another without him.
He is not the first nor will he be the last person to have gotten fired from their job. There are millions of regular people who have been fired for far less and have not gotten a fair deal. You deal with it and move on. Clearly he can't for a plethora of reasons. We can only speculate what has happened from piecing together his admissions of wrong doing, which he has listed as many, or what Warner Bros has said. Either way it shouldn't matter. He's more than just a rich perverted actor. He is a human who is mentally ill yet no one is showing compassion.
Rick was VP of HR for a large international company. They take great pains before using the word "fired" because of law suits. The things Charlie has said alone would be an easy case. Missed rehearsal once, asked to be put on a mark close to something so he could lean on the furniture because he had been on an all night bender and hadn't slept in a day or so. Those 2 alone mean his personal life went into his work life. But if someone had said such things about their boss they wouldn't be able to be saved from being fired.
I assume there is nothing that his family can do or they would have done it. At least that is what I want to believe in my fairy tale world.
I assume that since his bosses have had interventions and the like and he has rebuked them that there is nothing left to do. But it seems like there should be doesn't there?
I am thankful that he is not my father, my child or the father of my children.
I just want the media to stop shining the spotlight on him.
It's really not that difficult to do.
Now that will be the last time I talk about this man.
17 comments:
I agree. he needs some serious help.
Now I have not been religiously following Idol but what about Scotty McCreery(I think that's his last name) he's from my town and I think he has quite the voice, no?
Yes Raquel he's a cute kid who sings everything the same way and all song sound alike. I loved the song he sang last night. He sings all the songs the same way there was no melodic melody in his tone. I know he'll have a huge following in country music in the vein of a Trace Adkins and that ilk. But on motown week what will he do? He is a cute kid and next year when they have the american idol country version he will kick ass. but i don't see him going far but he'll get a record deal anyway in country.
He's simply the biggest douchebag there is, period.
There is this salad at Panera that I'm totally obsessed about!! It's just so good!!!! It's teh BBQ Chopped Chicken salad and it's amazing. I'm probably going to get it for dinner tomorrow! lol
Ah PorkStar your empathy is overwhelming. :-)
Carolyn, I am thinking the same thing about this salad that won't leave my mind.
I absolutely agree with what you said about Charlie Sheen.
Alessandra - do you get all this coverage in Italy too? Do you know the show he is on?
ditto on your words about Charlie....
But about the salad, years ago I had a "warm salad" out at a restaurant - can't even remember the name, but it stuck with me for years --it was so incredibly tasty.
I love a good salad. Where did you get the one you speak of? was it at a chain restaurant that might be near me :-) I was salivating reading about it
Carma - it was Ciro Ristorante and it is a small beautiful Italian place owned By Ciro D'Agostino. I received a gift card from my family for my birthday. It arrived that day so Rick took me on Saturday instead of what we had planned. It was wonderful!! I smelled like garlic for 2 days. :-)
Yes, really...WHY is there all this attention paid to Sheen(who looks 65, not 45, to me)??? He is all of a sudden hard to avoidANYWHERE. He has taken on Anna Nicole Smith proportions(and look how she ended up). It is a sad commentary on what is pushed on the public as "entertainment".
Compare Sheen to a really talented and interesting and TOGETHER celeb like Chris Rock(who I heard
speak in an interview on the radio this morning--read my blog?)
I think your body was needing whatever nutrients were in that salad at the moment you ate it and is still thanking you by reminding you of it.
I NEED to carch up with your blog.
I just know I have missed some great stuff while I have been away again. I'll be back...
Sorry not much of a salad eater and my waist shows it, nor do I watch AI.
As for Charlie Sheen he is everything you said. I'm tired of everyone having him on their shows. But I am the most tired of how many of my fb friends make references to the stupid things he says like winner and tiger blood.
on tuesday i was talkin' to my mom about charlie sheen.
neither of us care two hoots about his famousness, but we have some firsthand experience with mental illness and what happens when you go off the rails.
the problem for sheen is that he has too damn much money and too many media outlets.
if i go nuts and need help, i don't have a world of reporters willing to document the crap i do. i also don't have the means to surround myself with such a huge wall of denial; help comes to me whether i want it or not.
you know what would be great at this point? if he got the help he needs and then went public with THAT.
maybe like joey pantoliano.
http://www.nkm2.org/
flask - you are absolutely correct. I was aware of Joey Pants issue because I have seen him talk about it a great deal. Charlie is scary to me because he has never not beaten or used a weapon to hurt a woman or wife. I want him to get help. I don't want him to help sell magazines and put ratings through the roof for the insensitive people who find this funny. Where is his family though?
I guess if you have zillions of dollars it can be hindrance at times like these.
yeah, the more money you have, the harder it is for anyone to force you into help.
and the crazier you get, the more you need to be forced. you get that crazy and you think you're invincible and as long as you have money and you're an adult, people who want to help you can be held off indefinitely.
actually, if you're an adult and you haven't (yet) killed anyone and you WANT help, it can be very hard to get it.
my hope for mr. sheen is that someday soon he gets the help (and probably medication) he needs and when he gets better, he becomes an advocate and makes something good out of this.
the world saw him get sicker and sicker; he could do some real good if the world saw him get better and heard him speak out.
flask - perfectly said.
One of the problems for Charlie is, when you get that much money and that much power in that kind of a world, you have too many "yes" people around you to tell you the truth. Because he's ill he listens to his yes people and it may be a long time if ever, he sees the truth. Sadly he will probably either, 1. Get a reality t.v. show because after all, reality is stranger than fiction and many people seem to be transfixed by it. Or, 2. He'll be found dead of an overdose or knocked off by someone he runs afoul with. Aside from his personal problems, I think the show can go on without him though I don't think he believes that. The saddest part is that the man has what? Four kids? Those kids are gonna suffer forever because of his antics. Someone should have taken him out of the gene pool a long time ago.
Post a Comment