Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I don't believe in Guns.....I don't believe in Guns.....I don't believe in guns

I am in my hating people mode.
Okay that isn't accurate....but I  particularly dislike them this past week and a half.
Honestly the questions, the poor social skills when they call and the rudeness for no apparent reason just fries my ass.
It was so difficult not to say what I wanted to say to this nut job. And I do it all with a smile in my voice and it kills me.  So to vent I have you my dear blogger friends and of course I text Rick out in the field to let loose..... I sent the following to Rick......"Inarticulate Asshats!  Make them go away"

He called me after that and laughed. I wasn't finding any of this shit funny.
This woman was not the brightest bulb in the box and she was frustrating me so.
Thankfully she wasn't really rude. I had just had a rude one before her so I suppose dumber than a box of rocks is a step up.  I just find it so frustrating some days more than others. Today is one of them.

It began like this....not hello or anything remotely bordering on social graces or skills.
I answer, Good Morning, XYZ may I help you?

Yeah.

(c'mon really you can only say yeah?)

What can I do for you this morning?

Fix my tub.

What are you looking to have done? (I list a couple of things)

Yeah.

Well ma'am those were choices.  Do you need X? Y? Z?

You can hear the chirping of birds.

Hello? Ma'am do you need me to walk you through some of the options?
Or can you tell me what is wrong with your tub so I may help you make a choice?

No. I know what's wrong with the tub.

Okay I want to scream at this point, "So then tell me you dumb @#$%" is what I wish I could say.  I then hear her take a hit of her cigarette and she finally speaks.

Can you have someone come over in the next hour to look at it?

No ma'am I'm sorry we can't get a technician out there in the next hour however I can have someone out for an estimate on XXXday at 9am.

No that won't work for me. I'm very busy during the day and that morning I go tanning.

My head is about to explode. Tanning? Really?  So very busy, tanning! 

What day/time does work for you and then we can  see if that is open and available, how's that?

Okay I can do this day and time.  But how long does this take because I go to Starbucks with other moms before the kids get home.

Please God let me reach into this phone and bitch slap this crazy dumbass.

It is only 15 minutes at best.

Okay do it. Call me a day before to make sure I remember will ya hon?

(hon? I hate words of endearment from strangers, male or female.)

We do call you the day before to remind you of your appointment to be sure nothing has changed with your schedule.  May I have the address and phone number?

No I don't like to give that information out to strangers.

OH MY GOD....THIS PERSON HAS MADE LITTLE PEOPLE AND SHE SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE SHARP OBJECTS NEAR HER.

I stifle laughter.

Ma'am how will a technician find you without your address?  I need to have an address so we can come to your home to give an estimate and possibly do the job. We also need your name and a phone contact so we may reach you in case the technician is running behind and for me to give you that courtesy call as a reminder.

She now giggles and says,
Yea, I guess I do need to do that don't I?

That has been my last 7 days. But she takes the cake in stupidity.

Calgon take me away!....No, make that Tanqueray take me away!  STAT.

20 comments:

Mike said...

".... out to strangers."

You should have said 'Okay, is there anything else?'

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - actually I should have said, "You should not breed woman!"

Raquel's World said...

OMG I am rolling with laughter. That is hilarious!! She sounds like our moms here at the center that tell us when asked where we can reach them at they say' On my cell but It will be turned off, I'll be in a movie" Really???

And I hate being called or even hearing people say Hon! Yuck!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Roc - I knew you'd like that. Just had another - only my worst customer = a southern man. Only wants to speak to a man. He actually said, "what do you know about XYZ?" asshats....all of 'em

flask said...

i needed to laugh.

can i have her phone number so i can call her?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

flask - you can help a gal out and fill in for me the rest of the week. Trust me when I tell you there will be so many more!

Unknown said...

lmao :P got to love stupid people!
Enjoy the rest of your week.

Anonymous said...

this cracked me up.

whenever i have to make a phone call i always mentally rehearse what im going to say, just to make sure i dont say anything stupid. even on my dumbest days, im never as bad as some of the people you deal with.

Ms. A said...

You have my sympathy. Also, we have a waitress at one of our local eateries that uses terms of endearment and it drives me out of my mind! Hello, loveys/dears/darling, etc. Grrrrrrr! She doesn't know us, from Adam's house cat and has NOT earned the right to speak using those terms.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - how do they all find me?

Ms. A - glad to know I am not the only one who hates that!

Me 'N - no we don't have to love stupid people....someone has to but it isn't me. :-)

mamahasspoken said...

I keep reminding myself that it's stupid people who breed that keeps me in business. Yes, yes I really did just type that....

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mama - ooh that is scary isn't it? Hopefully the kids can break the cycle. Yes, I can be delusional.
:-)

Gal Friday said...

Just reading through that made my head want to explode. Yes, scary thought--this person having children, really!
I have days like that, with either rude or stupid and/or ignorant customers, but luckily they are few and far between. (I have to say 99% of my interactions with the public at work are positive)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gal - May I come work with you? Please? 99% are great? I would long for that kind of number. I would say on average 85% are great. Some weeks like the last 2 weeks would only be 40%. It's been crazy.

PorkStar said...

I have no patience for that shit, or people in general. I would have flipped!

At my last job, I had to take care of customers over the phone and regardless of who it was, I would give them a piece of my mind if they started acting up that way with me. It is fine that I (my company) is giving you a service, but that doesnt mean I'm your slave to treat me like crap... blah blah, I let them have it.

I hope your day got better than that.

And tanning? busy? psssh...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Porkstar - I did flip. Only difference is I wrote it down and I vented to Rick.
The big difference between you and me is this is MY business. I can not afford to alienate paying customers during a recession or I don't get paid.
You were working for someone else who paid you no matter what you did. I can do what you did but I really like to eat....so I don't until I hang up. :-)

alessandra said...

Oh sorry, I'm laughing like mad, put it like this, it's a mission.... to please your readers....;)

alessandra said...

Oh, I forgot...honey :D

I Wonder Wye said...

dang -- and they're breeding...scary stuff, that...was it Sarah Palin???

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Wye - gee I don't think Sarah is that smart do you?