Friday, March 25, 2011

T.G.I.F.

Are you all as thrilled as me that it is finally Friday?
One more day of people to deal with (see post below for example)
One more day of sitting at this desk. (my butt will thank me)
One more day.....

Last evening at 7pm my husband opened his laptop to upgrade his AVG anti-virus and internet security.  He had received an email a week or so ago that told him his AVG anti-virus and internet security was expiring. And as my husband is known to do he ignored it until the last minute. So as he turned his computer on and went to do his download a SHOPzilla  thing popped up and he knew it was too late.  So if you ever see this SHOPzilla pretending they are anti-spyware - you've been hit with a big ass virus.

As is the case as I explained in my post "My Big Guy" below the computer was handed over to me.  We have technical support with Dell and I knew if I was going to be on the phone I would prefer being in the office on my headset so my hands would be free.
So after leaving my office at 6pm I now had to turn around and go back to prison my office.

I was at my desk with Dell until just past 11pm.  Rick is now in bed along with the dog.
He offered to stay up with me but that just made me laugh. What could he do? 
Besides he started work yesterday at 7am and he was exhausted as well.
I was not thrilled to still be sitting at this damn desk since 7:30am but Rick did bring me dinner and water. And unlike prison it was better than bread and water.
It didn't matter though I was still sitting in a chair and dying to move.  I did walk around as long as my headset would let me and at one point did put this man on speaker.  The problem with speaker is this man's speech.  I have a difficult time with Indian accents. I actually could hear and understand him better with the headset on for some reason. So back on my butt at my desk.

After I hung up with Dell I knew I should go to bed but I needed to move.  Sometimes when I am really tired I can't sleep which I know sounds odd.  Instead I went downstairs and walked around. I actually walked around a 7 ft island several times like I was an old lady mall walker in my own home.  After circling the island I poured myself a big glass of ice water and sprawled out on the couch. Not what I needed but what I did.  I watched the DVR of Greys Anatomy and got sleepy and finally went to bed. Boy 5am came quickly. But walking Izzy actually felt good and trust me when I say that it never feels good walking at 5am!!

I think we are okay now with the laptop. I think we got it all.
I now will have to download the new anti-virus to the laptop today at some point in time.
I am almost afraid to open the laptop to be honest with you.

This morning Rick said to me as he handed me my coffee, "I'm really going to owe you for this aren't I?"  I laughed and said, "oh yeah!"
Seriously no way.  If we were keeping score I would lose here. We're fine but I like making him think that.  Mean mean woman that I am. 

So here's to Friday....it's 5 o'clock somewhere, just not here yet .....damn it.
Wishing I were here....

13 comments:

Raquel's World said...

Rick is lucky. I would have made him sit under my desk and massage my feet while I worked on the lap top.
And you are right THANK GOD it's Friday. I am off at 2 today so I don't even need it to be 5 o'clock somewhere 2 o'clock will work for me.

Gal Friday said...

I am pretty sure your DH will do something to pay you back for your good(and "up late" deed.

Ahhh..that hammock picture is calling out to me!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gal - ooh he is so good to me it's a non issue.

PorkStar said...

Dunno where you are but it's almost six pm overhere and loving it.

Dude, Dell is the worst!

At work we have Dell laptops and my newest one has been crashing from the second day onwards. Luckily, the IT department has to deal with the fixing and stuff.

Ms. A said...

All that hammock needs is... a margarita! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

the girl downloaded a nasty virus to our desktop last week. (ok, we dont actually have proof it was her, but all signs point in her direction. damn, i have to watch her like a hawk.)

anyway, poor jay was in charge of that one. fortunately, he got on the laptop and figured out what kind of virus it was and what he needed to do to fix it. for at least three hours i heard the voice of a man explaining what jay needed to do and then jay saying, "ok Nerd i did that. whats my next step?" then, every so often he would come out to the living room and say something like, "The nerd says i need to do XYZ." Seriously, what would we do without computer nerds????

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Porkstar - never had an issue with Dell - but understand that you may have. I don't think Dell gets virus's anymore than an IBM or Sony. A virus sadly will go everywhere.

Ms.A - you mean several margarita's. :-)

Tam - At least Jay will talk to them. Rick gets so pissy with them it's rude and I can't handle that. When your daughter is 30 you guys are going to have a lot of good stories to laugh about....especially if you survive it all. :-)

alessandra said...

I can see you are having issues with your office ;)
And you can always have him paying in kind...I mean cooking for you, what did you think ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hi Ale - well he already does most of the cooking so I am okay there. But he will be doing our taxes over the next 2 weeks and that in and of itself is pure hell. So we're even! :-)

Jane Heller said...

A Dell? Get a Mac, for goodness sake! I never get viruses. KNOCK ON WOOD. NO JINX.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jane - you know I have resisted Mac's because for some strange reason I thought it would be a difficult move. But I think my next computer is going to be one.

I Wonder Wye said...

That hammock looks enticing...really, scared of cats?? Sorry...I am scared of big dogs...got bitten age 5 and it sunk in I guess...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Wye - it's mine, the hammock that is, and I can't get to it. :-(
yes, it's a big fat phobia those darn cats