Some random things that are rolling around in my head.
**I know most who come here don't care.
But too bad, she says oh so compassionately.
Thursday is opening day.
I plan to have a TV on in my office, somehow, someway.
And just in case the customers call to interrupt a great play or some awesome commentary (now that's funny) I will also DVR this.
Honestly, I live for this stuff as they say.
I get butterflies in my stomach!
**I don't watch Dancing with the Stars but last night when I turned on the television I saw a bit of it before I changed the channel. I saw Wendy Williams and I don't understand how she doesn't fall forward and why she would do this to herself. She chose that size chest. Why? why? why?
**Is anyone else noticing that food prices have gone through the roof? Or it is just me?
Last evening I went to the grocery store and didn't buy meat just a few staples and it was almost $200. I did get beer for Rick which was the only thing that was unnecessary. Fruit & vegetable costs were through the roof. I can't imagine what I would do if I had children, especially teenage boys. I buy no processed foods and my hubby thinks that is the issue. real food costs more. I think the prices have just gone way up of late. No, this was not Whole Foods. Just my local grocery store chain.
**The owners of the home right next door to us are under water on their mortgage. Meaning they owe the bank more than the home is actually worth now. So instead of selling they have been renting it. It has been an interesting group of people who have moved next door.
The current folks are moving out today. They were having a new home built over the last year so they had to rent while their home was being completed. We are not sorry to see them go. While the sign was out front to rent, the parade of people going in and out were amusing if I didn't have to live next door to them. There were some that got out of the car and I prayed they weren't going to be my neighbors. (Yes, I am a terrible person) One van pulled up and 10 people got out of the vehicle and went into the home. It's only a 3 bedroom home and only 2300 sq ft how could 10 people live there? It should be interesting to see who our new neighbors are. They are renting the home for $2,300.00/mo. so I imagine with 10 people that makes it pretty cheap. However there are laws about that many adults/families living in one home here. So legally could this realtor show these folks the home? Maybe it was a field trip my husband says. That made me laugh. Who knows what will happen. It is always "interesting" to say the least.
**Is it wrong to be over 8 yrs old and adore Elmo?
**Am I crazy that I think giving a little girl a doll to breastfeed is insane? Have you seen this breastfeeding doll? I think I am missing something here.
**Do you think it’s wrong to not think all babies are cute and that some really do look like Yoda?
**Is it wrong to wish Karma worked a tad bit faster?

13 comments:
uh oh you like the yankees???? I don't know if we can be friends anymore. lol. I love the METS!
I saw the breastfeeding doll. SO CREEPY AND WRONG!
Carolyn - so you like the OTHER New York team. :-) Ah, I still like ya.
thanks for thinking that about the doll I was beginning to think i was the only one.
I'll be in a St. Louis bar watching the Cardinals drinking a cheaper beer. Cheaper than the 8 dollar beers at the ball park.
Mike - I'll have one with you! Enjoy! Looks like you guys are going to have another great season.Think Pujols will stick around?
OMG Peg! You're right....not all babies are cute! Thank you!
Years ago, a co-worker's wife came in with her 2-week-old baby....and when I looked in the carriage (the old type where you had to really look down into it)....I almost gasped! This baby looked like a monkey! It was very light skinned and had really dark hair tightly framing the face....and the little nose was like a Michael Jackson nose! OMG! Ugly monkey! The mother was British and fair skinned/red haired, and the father was very dark haired....so the combo should be avoided at all costs!
Of course, I said "Oh, how sweet!" and immediately put my attention to the mom, so I wouldn't visibly gag! :o)
And dolls that breastfeed?... that's just creepy!
Hope you have uninterrupted watching of the game!
Well, I care about what you have to say and your first thought...I couldn't agree more on your thoughts of Ms. Wendy Williams...really? Why would you want to carry that package around? UGH!!!
and yes, I went to Wal-mart to buy most of our groceries last week and there are 3 of us...and it was 189.00...that didn't even include produce or meats because we get that at another grocery store. It is so ridiculous. I do think 'real' food costs more and the sad thing is they talk about the obseity problem and we shouldn't feed our kids processed food, but seriously what choice do people have?
NO, it is not wrong to be over 8 and like Elmo...I like Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore; same thing...
and last I will provide my opinion; since you asked...a breastfeeding doll? That is ridiculous...is nothing sacred anymore?
ok, enough said...
Regan - oh that baby story made me laugh. But it's so true, sometimes they are truly a face only a mother could love.
Tracy - thanks for not thinking I'm nuts because I just adore Elmo. Been in a funk and saw him by accident yesterday and he made me smile and I realized I need more Elmo in my life right now.
And that doll is scary. I can't believe people think its a good way to teach your young daughters about their bodies. I find it odd.
Laws about how many adults/families can live in a home? No kidding? I had no idea.
i am so sick of babies. im at the point where if a baby wants any attention from me it better be freakin' adorable. im totally over them.
i have not seen this breast feeding doll. weird.
while im not a huge elmo fan, i will say that there are quite a few shows aimed at preschoolers that i occassionally enjoy. dont judge me. :)
and no, karma never works fast enough. i want instant gratification.
Oh Peg just wait when I do my post about food prices in Alaska! It makes you glad you live in the lower 48 states.
Ms A. - sadly this is our state and counties way of stopping all the illegals who have 4 families living in one home. It's certainly prejudice but it is a law. But it was orginially inacted due to the enormous issue that was occuring with 20 people living in one home and others complaining about it.
Tammie - I will not judge - who am I to do so, I love Elmo. This doll is so weird - I should have posted a pic. The 6 yr old is actually holding it to her breast and feeding the doll. Mom's were raving about how it's so good to teach your children this. It's good to teach them sex ed too so are we going to have dolls that simulate that too? Jeez.
Mamma - I can only imagine the costs there. Like New Zealand - to get the food there is expensive so it must be outrageous to buy it there. I couldn't live there just because of the constant gray skies for 1/2 the year.
Haha, you ARE terrible...sometimes :D
Love!
I missed this post before!
I don't watch baseball regularly (unless it's my kids) but I could see myself getting into it more, it's really the only sport I really like to watch.
Food is so expensive. My son wants to eat non stop! I've been trying not to buy much processed stuff, just some chips or crackers for lunches and cereal but trying to stick to the healthy kinds of cereal. I spent $260 for a weeks worth of food last week. Can't wait to get my vegetable garden going to help a little bit!
We have a rental next door. So far we've just had 2 families. The first one, they were ALWAYS fighting. They had a little boy who was a bit of a hellion but sometimes Trevor would play with him. She had another baby while they were there. They had A LOT of friends and there were so many people going down our usually really quiet street. BUT they kept the yard up really nice and the field between us too.
Now there is another family with a little boy the same age as Trevor but the only time they ever come out is to go to the car or take the dog out. They are nice but super quiet and they leave the yard work to the landlord. I hope the kid at least comes out a bit to play in the summer. Kids need some fresh air and sunshine!
Post a Comment