You be the judge.
Here is the scenario -
4 people in an elevator.
All 4 are facing the front door.
I am 1 of the 4 and I am pressing the numbers for us.
We are all quiet.
Rick is behind me and the older couple are a bit behind me and to my left.
I hear who I assume is the older man clearing his throat...loudly.
He does it again and I'm thinking, Jeez you have a hair ball mister, but I do not look at him because I think that would be rude of me to do so.
Then a third time the flemy old man does this so very loudly that I turn to look and no one is there. The door has opened BEHIND us. I whip around and there is my husband holding the door open and making those deep flemy clearing of his throat noises.
He is now laughing hysterically.
Apparently the numbers never changed but it did stop and everyone got out while I stood there like a fool looking up. (I did not feel it stop or for that matter move)
Instead of being nice and telling me to turn around, he does this clearing of his throat for a pretty long time before I turned around. He thinks this is very funny, making a fool of his sweet wife.
So what do you think? Mean or a funny blonde moment?
I admit I laughed at myself after I hit him.
But c'mon, just a tad bit mean of him don'tcha think?
The people at IKEA found it hysterical.
14 comments:
Very mean, but very funny, LOL!
FUNNY, very funny!
Okay so you both think he was funny. I told him I'd take a poll - I have a feeling i will be lying to him about the results.
:-)
oh my. i think im embarrassed for you. rick was being totally assy.
for what its worth, i HATE elevators. i feel like they provide far too many ways for me to display my social awkwardness. im always pushing wrong buttons, getting off at the wrong floor, going down to the basement, etc.. and now THIS.
Thank you Tammie!!! Knew I could count on you. I do see the humor but I thought it was on the mean side. :-)
I'd love to know how two old people managed to get out of an elevator without making any noise! lol
Also....it was mean! Totally! And you tell Rick that you aren't kissing anything that flemy for a long time! Yuk!
Maybe THAT will teach him to be mean!
Now..you know I adore you....Or at least I hope you do...but I totally would have done the same thing. Of course, I would have been the one standing there like a fool staring at the buttons, but if I WAS the one that noticed the door and got out, I would stand there and just wait for you to notice. I'm just being honest. :)
Regan - I am losing my hearing I think so that could explain the not hearing part. I know I said an older couple. To me they looked really old but our guess was in there mid 60's at the oldest. Not like walkers. In cute gym clothes and sneakers.
Lindsay - I get it. Like I said I laughed! Not as much as Rick though. And then later I told him it was a bit mean and he kept saying, No way. my point was then why did you disguise your flemy throat thingy. Which just makes him howl because he says he didn't. He told me it was now because I am so old I am easily confused.(1 day after birthday.
I love Rick's sense of humor. You might still be on that elevator!!
My hubby would have done the same thing. With that in mind, not mean, not funny, it's a man thing.
Mama - good point!
not nice, but very funny.
flask - it seems you are in the majority.
Totally a guy thing. HE thinks it's funny. He's probably still laughing. I would have hit him too, but then, I'd be laughing. Gotta admit, it was pretty funny!
Post a Comment