Today is my favorite "holiday"
I awoke at 4:45a.m. I groaned and thought that is 15 minutes before I have to be up why can't I sleep? Then I realized Rick wasn't in bed so I knew the dog wasn't in the room either.
I totally had forgotten it was my birthday. A sure sign of my advanced age.
I grabbed my bathrobe and shuffled down the hall in my normal curmudgeon morning mode and could hear Rick singing. Who the hell is this happy in the morning? 20 something years later and it still annoys the shit out of me. How did I fall in love with a morning person?
As I get closer to the steps I realize he is not singing a song but singing a conversation to our dog. I think my Big Guy is crazy. Oh not Charlie Sheen crazy but he certainly isn't normal. No one is this happy before 5a.m. are they?
As I put my foot down on the 2nd step I get a whiff of the most wonderful aroma of my favorite Godiva coffee. Hey, don't judge, it's better than it sounds and besides it's my birthday! By the time I get to the bottom of the steps into the kitchen I really smell the coffee and see bright red and yellow tulips on the island. (fav flower)
Nice way to start your morning even if it has to be at this ungodly hour.
Apparently Izzy bought me the flowers. Amazing dog I have....she even signed her card.
I told you she was smart....signed without even having thumbs.
I have to admit even though I hate mornings Rick did make it nice for me.
He had to leave very very early this morning so we talked, err I mumbled, over coffee and off to work he went.
Since Rick had to leave early no breakfast made for me, the spoiled princess.
Instead I made a baked sweet potato. You know you may laugh but it's such a yummy breakfast....or anytime. I am lazy and I was starving because I didn't eat much last night. I figure it's my birthday I can eat cake for breakfast if I want right? Sweet potato and Godiva choc. coffee is a very interesting combo.
I will probably update later. If you recall I post my eyes on my birthday for my sister to view my aging process. I hate that even my eyes have fallen. Sheesh.
My youngest most adorable sister is 17 yrs younger gorgeous. She has everything up where it's supposed to be. I keep telling her that this will happen to her but she is so young she thinks it never will. I like to remind her that this is her future. So each year I show her how even my eyes are aging and she laughs. She gets a kick out of this annual event but just wait I tell her. When I am 67 I am going to point and giggle at her...something for me to look forward to in my old(er) age.
14 comments:
happy birthday!
Happy Birthday! I'm laughing about the yam since we both wrote about them. Great minds do think alike! Hope you have a great day/night.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HUGS, KISSES, and much lOVE to you!
Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a great day and weekend!!
Happy Birthday, Peg! Have a great day, and have cake for breakfast tomorrow! Yum!
Aww, happy birthday, so sweet of your ...dog ;)
oh peggy i hope you have the happiest of birthdays! it already sounds like its going nicely.
and let me just say that Izzy is a-freakin'-mazing. its all i can do to teach my chihuahua not to shit on the floor. id be amazed if she signed a card and bought me some flowers! ;)
Happy Birthday! That's just gorgeous! :)
HBD - Now sing Happy Birthday to yourself.
THANKS EVERYBODY!!!
You've helped make it a great birthday!
Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day/week-end/week of birthday surprizes!
"big grin"
Awwwww...I missed your big day :-(
Hope it was a great one.
A 17 years younger sister, yeah, that'll work wonders on the self esteem - NOT ;-)
Happy VERY Belated Birthday to you!
I eat starnge things for breakfast myself(leftovers from the night before sometimes), but haven;t yet had a baked sweet potato!
Post a Comment