I had more than 2 hrs of sleep thanks to Dame Nuisance. YIPEE
She gave me a suggestion for sleeping and it worked.
Now my issue will be for it to work AGAIN.
That is always an issue for me. Something will work 1 time and then not work so well the 2nd time. But right now I am feeling quite rested and it's exhilarating.
Mr. Straight Up No Chaser actually put his suitcase where it belonged without me saying a single thing. I did not have to hurt him. But now he expects it to be on the news apparently for doing what he should have done anyway.
It went like this.....
He had put it away but I didn't notice it at first. When I came out of the shower I went to my dresser to retrieve some clothing and I noticed I did not have to step over it or move it.
I was thrilled. I was not going to say anything. Just ignore it. It didn't deserve anything but a thank you perhaps but at the same time I should not have to thank him for doing what he should do. Normally everything in me would want to say thank you to him but I just decided that I should just ignore it. It should be treated as normal behavior. Not exceptional behavior. No one gets a thanks when they change a light bulb but yet men seem to think they do deserve a dance, a thank you and a damn parade.
He came into the room and said, "Notice anything?"
"You're sweating profusly."
"Well yea I just came inside and it's 90 & 90% humidity. But what else?"
"You want a damn parade don't you?" I said laughing.
"A dance will do Margaret, a happy dance that your man put his suitcase away"
"If I give you a happy dance will I get one every time I do your laundry, fold it and put it away? How about when I make dinner, load the dishwasher, rack the lawn, wash the floors, vacuum, dust, make the bed, plant flowers, etc? Will you do a happy dance each time I do something?"
"C'mon you're ruining this."
So I dropped my towel and did a happy dance that made him howl with laughter.
Ah, but just you wait until after dinner tonight - he is going to be bustin' a move and naked!
4 comments:
ha!
jay always wants praise for doing something he should already be doing anyway. men are like children that way. actually, children are much easier to train. :)
I've made it a habit to (for lack of better words) praise R for going above and beyond. Its funny what he can be...ahem...coaxed to do. ;-) You know what I mean?
are my husband and your's related ;-) I like how they point out that they are doing the things that we do in t he normal course of business without expecting recognition :D
My Husband is the same way...maybe all of us have the same husband, we just don't know it.
Mary
Post a Comment