Monday, May 10, 2010

Mondays Crazy Thoughts….

Do Monday’s ever become a day you look forward to?
When I am retired will I love Mondays?
If so I have something to look forward to that’s for sure.
Although the way things are going I may not ever get to retire.

I watched SNL this weekend for the first time in years.
I used to love it but it has sort of lost its luster for me.
I no longer think it’s all that smart and funny.
A skit here or there but overall it’s not all that great to me.
I checked it out because Betty White was hosting. Who doesn’t love Betty White?
For the most part I felt that they gave her the same thing to do over and over again – the old woman doing risqué lines. She is much better than just a one trick pony.
They didn’t do her justice, at least I didn’t think.
However I loved the NPR skit with her muffin. I thought this was a damn hoot!!
I loved the one just like it with Alec Baldwin and his Christmas “Schweaty” Balls

Speaking of Tammie’s boyfriend Alec Baldwin – Rick & I watched the movie It’s Complicated this weekend. We both loved it.
An adult movie. Nothing blew up. No one wore a cape or had talons for fingers.
No one was pasty pale and bites people. No one was blue.
Imagine that. Adults, real dialogue, and humor. Aah, the good ole days.
I thought Alec made this movie. He was a hoot. No one else could have pulled off that character so well.  His facial expressions were priceless.  Just a look he would give Meryl of the pain he was felling was terrific. Why doesn’t he make more movies?

Rick and I were talking over a bottle of wine about us getting old and how this relates to our lives now. How we have changed from the way we were when we first met.  Oh not the obvious things but the constant traveling and going out and running around that we both always were doing.
Then late last night we watched a new Sinbad comedy special and he talked about a lot of the same things that we had been talking about. Guess Sinbad is getting old too.

Rick really made me laugh with these 2 new theories of his.
The first one really is the truth! Damn if this isn’t exactly how it is as you age…..
“When I was young and I was going to a party I would worry if anyone would like me. Now I go to a party and wonder if I’ll like anyone.”

This one is mostly him and part of something he heard somewhere so it’s his spin on the whole thing. I love it…..
"In my 20’s I wanted to do everything, in my 30’s I wanted to do most things, in my 40’s I wanted to do some things and in my 50’s I don’t want to do a damn thing."

Sadly that is pretty much the truth some days.
Especially Mondays.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i watched some of SNL-its my mo to fall asleep half way through. (although you can bet im staying awake next saturday when alec hosts!)i thought the same thing about betty white. i love her, but it was the same thing skit after skit. but i did love the NPR thing.

as for mondays, pretty much all my days are the same. sometimes a good thing, other times not so good. for instance, today people are really pissing me off, so this monday is not good.

Jenny said...

I haven't seen SNL on years! I'm glad you are looking forward to Mondays. Somehow, even when you're not working, they don't ever seem like the best day of the week!

Anonymous said...

I laughed about the going to a party and wondering if you'll like anyone there. My husband and I are exactly that way! We never wonder if someone at a party will like us or if the other parents at play group will like us, we always wonder if we will like them.

Robin said...

I loved its complicated..saw it 3 times..and hubs loved it too...he thought it would be a chick flick..but he laughed all the way through...

OMG your two thoughts are mine as well...exactly...Lololllthats great..!..I was just discussing this with my hubs too.. about having to go to this dinner that I dont really want to got to...Im not that crazy tethe peeps there..they are not the friendliest Iv ever met..but he wants me to go with him...Im debating

Gal Friday said...

I used to have Mondays off at one time...that was glorious! Now, of course, I have Tuesdays off, so look at Mondays as a pain-in-the-ass-day to get through(just one day)until Tuesday.

I didn't watch the Betty White hosted SNL for that reason--I just KNEW they were going to have her say and do those tired things. *snooze* I would rather watch old Mary Tyler Moore and Golden Girls episodes....

Still need to watch "It's Complicated"--thanks for reminding me of that.