I love rain and gray rainy days.
Oh, not 9 months of constant gray and/or rain like when I lived in Seattle.
That is way too much gray for me.
Funny though it didn't bug me until my 2nd year there.
Then it was like - Enough all ready!
Perfect is like this week - 2 to 3 days of rain and then gone for a few more weeks.
Nothing better than a rainy Monday.
If I were not working it would be a great day to curl up with a book.
Athough walking Izzy today while she was just sniffing the world S-L-O-W-L-Y was a bit much, even with the umbrella.
It rained most of the weekend as well.
So a lot of the outside work at the lake didn't happen.
But enough did to make it another advil and asthma spray weekend.
When we weren't working outside we did this in the evening. Notice the black spot on the lower left side of the puzzle in the orangy area. That piece got dropped on the floor under the table where the dog was snoozing. But apparently she woke up to find this puzzle piece near her and began to chew it. So it no longer fits and the end piece is missing or I should say it's in her tummy.
When we weren't working outside we did this in the evening. Notice the black spot on the lower left side of the puzzle in the orangy area. That piece got dropped on the floor under the table where the dog was snoozing. But apparently she woke up to find this puzzle piece near her and began to chew it. So it no longer fits and the end piece is missing or I should say it's in her tummy.
This was a fun puzzle.
Addicting as all puzzles are for me.
Not like the one Rick brought home that was all blue that drove me to drink.
Yea, that was my excuse.
Had a few gin martini's while working on this one on Saturday night until The Hangover came on HBO. We both liked the movie a lot more than we thought we would.
I thought Zach Galifianakis character Alan was a hoot. Did you like it?
Happy Monday Everyone.
I'll leave you with this.....


6 comments:
i watched the hangover this weekend too...and like you, i enjoyed it more than i thought i would.
i am not with you on the rain though. we were out on the lake yesterday when it started raining...which is not good for the cold i've been fighting. in retrospect being dragged behind the boat on the tube was probably not a good idea either.
RHDucky - okay if i were on the boat and it was raining I wouldn't be happy either but a rainy day while working or once is awhile is just great to me. I don't like any weather all the time even sunshine. By August I am very sick of summer and humidity. I know that is weird but I never want to live where it's sunny all the time. I know that isn't normal but then neither am I. :-)
you're so weird. kidding. i'm of the opinion that normality is totally overated and boring. granted, i probably only say that to make myself feel better about being completely abnormal ;)
i'm addicted to sunshine...but i do enjoy some nice rainy cuddle weather occasionally.
ive not seen the hangover. i saw it was on this weekend but didnt watch it. on the one hand, i dont expect to like it because i usually hate those kinds of movies, but everyone i talk to speaks highly of it.
its hardly rained here at all lately, i think i may have brought the florida weather with me.
Could puzzle eating be why Izzy got a tummy ache last month? By the way, those someecards are hysterial. I've joined the site and sent more than a few to the graduates I know this season. May this be a no advil or asthma spray week for you!
You had a good attitude about facing a rainy Monday after a rainy weekend, I must say. I like spring rain, too--everything glowing and lushly green.
I am not too good about doing puzzles--don't have the attention span for them. Although I did get obsessive about a 500 piece one a few years ago when we stayed in a Maine lakeside cabin and it was foggy and cool and nothing else to do for nearly a whole week.
So...you are a gin martini Gal--my choice of liquid is a a vodka and tonic with lime. ;-)
Post a Comment