It’s only taken a dozen doctors and 15 years of my life while getting more and more sick.
And it is way too long , involved and boring to get into here. I won’t do that to you all.
Even knowing that this next 12 months or so will be difficult, painful and trying I am excited. Dying is not a great thought and truth be told when my organs were failing it was pretty damn scary. Honestly coming close to leaving this earth was/is scary but I admit that I am shallow and the parts that bothered me most were the vanity issues. The weight gain primarily, the hair and skin changes secondary….hence the short hair.
Yesterday my wonderful doctor told me that once this is “reversed or fixed” I should be back to my “old” self. I'm hoping it can be reversed, we will see I suppose.
That means a lot of things but it most importantly means that I will have my original body back….I pray for that.
And just so ya’ll know….I will then be walking around naked all the time!
Since I have had to carry around this extra weight that I had no control or hand in gaining I plan to be naked 24/7 winter, spring, summer and fall.
Thankfully my husband’s eyesight over the last 15 years has also deteriorated so that will definitely come in handy don’tcha think?
So enough of all that medical crap – old people talking about their aches and pains…nothing worse!
Going to the lake tonight. Another weekend of work, work, work.
That should be it for this year except small things.
Money slowed down all the work and updates this year and there is a part of me that is rather glad. That means we can go and just enjoy.
Sit on floating chairs and sip a cool beverage.
Here’s my step mom doing just that when she visited last year.
She was scared getting into the chair and we all had some good chuckles as she tried desperately to get in and not get wet. She's a bit scared of water you see.
Her son in law Rick and her grandson Jordan both were holding her and the chair to keep it from floating away from the stairs. She slipped and turned and someone touched her butt by accident which made her yell, “OH MY GOD” so loudly and my husband said, “Hey it's traumatizing me too you know!”
And then everyone burst into laughter and she got her butt in the chair. Thankfully she could just float up to the stairs by the side of the floating dock and get herself out.
Here is her grandson and my adorbable nephew who is graduating in a few weeks.
He is looking deep in thought here. Probably traumitized because it was really him that bumped Grandma's butt and his Uncle Rick covered for him.
I can't believe my little Jo-Jo is about to go off to college - in California no less.
Oh look at what a cutie he is below. I could just hug him to pieces!


8 comments:
I'm so glad that you have some answers and now can work on getting better! The process may stink, but the big picture is looking good, right?!!
The story about the water chair and the butt touch....hilarious!
Blueviolet - you are correct - big picture is looking great! Thanks for stopping by!
yay for (hopefully) medical issues! im happy for you peggy.
the lake looks sooooo relaxing.
Thanks Tammie! and that is what is so great about going to the lake house - our blood pressure lowers upon pulling into the driveway.
i'm glad to hear you are getting some answers. i know how frustrating dealing w/ doctors can be. i think i have some mystery blood disorder, but i got tired of being bounced from one doc to the other so i just self diagnosed myself as being anemic...i'm taking vitamins and feeling great now. maybe i shoulda went to med school ;)
also, i really need to post some pics of the lake.
Even if it took fifteen(!) years to get some kind of diagnosis, at least now you have a game plan to get your old self back and getting healthier again. I am SO happy for you, Peg!
Just looking over your floating relatives photos relaxed me...it's been too long since I have floated under the sun on a lake.
Gal Friday - Thanks!
You know after I did this I thought my step mom is not going to be happy with me plastering her photo in a bathing suit no less across the world wide web. Thankfully she's clueless to technology. :-)
Better late than never! I hope you recover your old self and get to run around naked. I did all my running around naked in my 20's. Now I just can't go there. No one deserves to be submitted to that sight. I've been gone for a few days to my daughters graduation in Texas. I missed you! Where in Cali is Jo-Jo going to college? By the way, those floating chairs are awesome!
Post a Comment