Friday, March 19, 2010

Flashback Friday

I'm having so much fun looking through these old pictures.
I've had every hair color and style. Some photo's have faded so badly.  I don't know that I can regain their original look.  I tried with one but it just made it fuzzy. Any ideas?

So here's to the 1960's....My Grandmother is about my age here. Scary isn't it?  Why did they look so old back then?  Makes me whining about my eyes drooping in perspective I guess.  I am 7-8 here and my sister is 4-5.  Why did my mom put me in shorts and then slap on knee socks?  Or was I that kid who dressed herself and my mom let me express myself?  I don't know but it certainly is a look.  Not a good one but it's "a look" 
This is me in 1970 at a party. I am 14. I guess I thought I looked great.  The hat, the pants, oh my. I think this is where Slash got the idea for his hat. (ha ha)
I'm not smiling and that is out of character for me as well.  Maybe I was going for the brooding angst ridden teenager look. It worked. This was 1 yr after my mom died maybe that was it.  I am not sure. I remember the party though...all girls. Her parents wouldn't allow boys to attend.
This picture below I really remember being taken.  I am grumpy when I get up....not a morning person as I have mentioned before.  This was before I drank coffee obviously. 
The sad thing is this wasn't even morning.  I had a friend stop by and wake me up from a nap.  We were exchanging Christmas presents.  I still look sleepy to me. And normally I'm always smiling so this is so obvious to me that I just got up and not really very happy about it. Why did I nap/sleep all the time?  I was 16 why was I so tired? Aah, youth. This is December 1972.  I was 16 and just a few months shy of 17. You can't tell here but that shirt has a peace sign on it and the pants are jeans but with blue and white strips and a good size bell bottom.  Oh yea, I was "stylin' man, groovy"


This below was July 1973. We are in a tent and 3 of us went camping. We are in our T-shirts and underwear. Yessir I am wearing aviator glasses here. Although I think they are back in style now. My T-shirt has a hand making the peace sign. There is a theme here in the 70's you see. I'm going to be honest here - we were laughing because we had just had some wacky weed. We met some boys at the beach area and they were smoking pot and well we did it with them. They drove home and we went back to our tent and ate a bag of cookies. I remember it began to rain and I mean really rain and the tent was leaking and we just laughed all night in our tent as it rained buckets outside. What can I say, I'm not proud but I turned out okay. Not like it was my lifestyle.  But if my kid did that.....

And below the more recent but faded and fuzzy....

This is  December 2002. All of us squishing ourselves to get in this photo.  This was a holiday party at my sisters.  It was she and her husbands friends. These are 3 of my 4 sisters. The blonde is my sister that was in the above photo at ages 4-ish.  My sister on the left with her hair pulled back has the great daughters I talk about often that I just adore. (My parents raised her children). My sister on the right is pure sunshine.  She is the most kind, loving person you will ever meet. She deserves all good things and yet life is tough on her. Love her to pieces. And well you know me in the middle.

So there you have it - Flashback Friday.
Hope you got a kick of it .

6 comments:

tallulah said...

great pictures and you have a gorgeous smile! it is infectious!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

gee thanks. I wouldn't call it gorgeous but I'm weird in that I'm always smiling and laughing so when you see me not smiling like my teen angst photo I find it funny. Even when I'm Ms. Cranky Pants on my blog bitching I'm generally smiling. weird eh?

Thanks for reading.

Dame Nuisance said...

Love the pic with you in the hat and that oh-so-serious glare - been there, wore a hat, took myself waaaaay too seriously, too, lol!

Anonymous said...

i love, love all these pictures.

i gotta ask...in the first pic, are you sporting a home perm? we have a lot of pics around here of my mom and her sisters and the hair seems very similar and my mom would always bitch about her mom giving her at home permanents.

but yeah, grannies looked so old then. i dont get it.

and the christmas picture. wow! gorgeous. you look like a super model.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - no that isn't a home perm. Sadly my mother would put what she called "pin curls" in my hair. that was a shit load of bobbie pins securing these little sections of twisted hair while wet. Horrific!!

ha ha -supermodel....funny Tam

Anonymous said...

i wasnt trying to be funny. snot! :)