Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Morning Musings

The Academy Awards last night really were a snooze to me.
I liked Steve and Alec but there wasn't enough of them.
I thought the opening was out of place. 
I do love Neil Patrick Harris but he's best in his element at the Tony's or Emmy's.
It didn't work for me.

There were no surprises except the damn fabric flowers on Charlize Theron's boobs. 
What the hell was that? She is normally gorgeous on the red carpet but this was awful.
This year I did enjoy the fashion more than the show.
I had to laugh at Carey Mulligan's dress.  If you didn't see this up close it would have been hard to see what was so funny.  It was kitchen utensils.  It had knives, forks, scissors and spoons etc all over the dress. Rick thought it was dreadful but I thought it was funny.
Funny in the sense that this is a gal who probaby hasn't used these utensils for food in a very long time or eaten a potato so she could put them on her dress.

I did not stay up after the Oscars to see this done live. 
But I did see this video this morning and I loved it
Hell, anything with Lenny Kravitz in I would watch.  Hum-ina hum ina hum ina.

Hope you all enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didnt even watch most of the oscars. i feel asleep around 10:30. i loved alec and steve, but was otherwise bored.

i didnt get charlizes dress either.

i liked the neil patrick harris thing but it was out of place. but i really love watching him sing and dance so ultimately it didnt matter to me.

i now need to go google carey mulligan.

Anonymous said...

regarding carey mulligan: yes! i loved that dress too, i just wasnt sure who she was. and how cute is her hair? its nice to see a short haired gal on the red carpet.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - Carey is always on my boyfriend Craig's show and she and he (is that correct grammar?)have this wonderful banter so I enjoy her. I don't think I've ever seen a movie she has been in.
I've always known her as a brunette with the same hair cut. But they usually show her movie clips with a wig of long hair. Not as fond of the blonde but she is cute as a button. The hair works on her.