Friday, August 7, 2009

Bromance a Brewin'

My husband has met this man while walking the dog. His dog is the cutest dog named Winston. Winston sort of reminds me of Ernst Borgnine. Like this one….

Winston wants nothing to do with our dog but that hasn’t stopped my husband and this guy from having a Bromance.

For some reason, this tickles my funny bone big time.

I honestly think if you heard this exchange outside my office window. 
You would never know it was between 2 men.
Big macho men no less. Both big in stature, over 6’2” and over 200lbs.
Neither have that metrosexual look like this.
My husband is walking Izzy in his crocs that look like a pair of slip on canvas loafers.
These are the shoes.



The exchange goes like this.....
Winston’s owner says, “hey those are great shoes.”


Rick says, “Yep they are so comfortable too, can you believe these are Crocs?"

"Get out really? "

"Yea, I know I thought Crocs only came in those ugly plastic kids shoe.""Me too. Where did you buy these? "

"Online. Actually, my wife got them for me – she knew I would love the croc insert and she was right. She loves her croc flip flops and they sent her a coupon via email. These are not like wearing shoes at all man."

"Do they come in other colors?"

"Oh, yea, other colors, and styles. They have a lot of shoes that aren’t those ugly plastic things."

"I have to check into those. Online you say?"

"Yep online - just google it. Like I said my wife did it."

"We should get together over a couple of beers."

"Yea that sounds great! "

"Great and then maybe you can tell me where you got your hair cut."

Okay, the last line I just made up, because seriously this whole thing is so funny to me.
But the rest of this is the real deal - I mean seriously who could make this shit up?

I met his twinkie wife while this was going on.
She seems very nice but very young. She is a school counselor.

So it looks like we’ll be getting together the four of us to throw back a few and to discuss my husband shoes.
Which I might add I bought without him knowing and made him try them on.
Now I can’t get them off him! Gee maybe Crocs could have him do a commercial for them.

Oh, this whole thing just makes me smile.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You slay me! I love your blog!

tallulah said...

Every man I dated before marrying Bubby was gay so I was so used to these conversations. But you are right, most "manly men" wouldn't have a conversation like that. Consider your husband and his friend enlightend. THAT is a good thing.

Julie H said...

How funny! I might have to look into those for Scott, he has a hard time with shoes.

a.k.a. Quintina said...

If my husband even entertained the thought of having that conversation... or maybe, he really has had it, but he would never admit it in a million years. Ya gotta love Rick and his honesty! Tell Rick, if admiring shoes was not enough, real men can wear pink, too.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

That is hysterical! I can't believe Rick tells you this stuff. My husband would never admit to this conversation. He walks with our neighbor every Sunday morning (at 5:00 am) which should tell you something about him (I don't know what). I always ask what they talked about and he says, "this n that", nothing important." He's a man of few words which isn't nearly as fun as hearing about Rick's bromance conversation.