Thursday, April 1, 2021

Tid Bits

**I read that Sarah Palin and her youngest son both got Covid. Reading the article I was struck by her talk of masks, the vaccine, and the precautions.  She sure went off the rails of her stupid party. I think being deathly ill from Covid could do that to you. Her son is special needs and she said there were different issues with him and it was scary. I bet it was. I'm glad they are both well now. 

**I want the filter that Sharon Stone uses on all her zoom interviews. With her new book out I have seen her on several shows on zoom interviews. Her filter makes her face look a bit like it's in the clouds and smooth as a piece of glass. Almost hazy-like. I think I need this. Not a single line on her face. 
Since I know she is 2 years younger than me, I know she doesn't look like that. 
So now I need a light and a filter. Ah, this new world I live in. I don't even zoom but I think I may wish to have it and if you wish to visit me I will have this on me at all times. You'll tell me I look great. I will feel great. Then when I go into my bathroom and see my real face I will be sad again. No, better just keep this ole sagging wrinkle face so I don't have a high and then a big low. 

**We called a company that is building homes in NC. The man was so incredibly rude to us we were both flabbergasted. Rick hung up (he had it on speaker for me to be a part of) and looked over at me and said, "Let's not use them. I did not like his attitude."  Agreed. 
The following day we received an email and later a phone call from this man apologizing to us. He was having a very bad day with something in his personal life and he took it out on us he said. Whether we used them or not he felt an apology was in order. We accepted his apology and thanked him.  He is back on the list now.  Not that we are 100% sure we are even going that route, it was professional and good of him to apologize.
How un-2021 was that? Refreshing.

**I read an article written by a millennial who was bitching about her hatred of all baby boomers. Apparently, she even hates her grandparents. While I read this I thought this little shit needed to be slapped into 1975 and see how much she knows. I get it, I am not a millennial biggest fan either but I would never say I hated them all and blame them for everything. Honestly, it's Gen X who raised the spoiled little snots so most things are their fault. HAHA. 
They must never have to wait for anything. The word no was never said to them. Everything was given to them. 
Gen X, the first generation that got participation trophies. You all know how I hate participation trophies. You can't learn to be a good and gracious loser in life if you never lose. And trust me you'll lose sometimes. Not a good lesson for kids. Disappointments happen in life. We need to be taught as kids how to deal with them. She blames boomers on everything and I mean everything. Things that we boomers hated about our parent's generation as if we made these things for the first time. She obviously flunked history and I was shocked this article was allowed to be "out" there.  I don't mind if she dislikes boomers, but for the love of God do your research you little twit, all her 'facts' could be proven to her to be false. Sadly it is what every generation complains about. Nothing new. Back in my day, it was called "The Establishment"

**My new GI doctor is awesome. She's also beautiful. I could not stop staring at her skin. She has the most beautiful skin. Ah, youth. 
My colonoscopy and endoscopy have been scheduled for May. Need to have a Covid test first. It stated on the paperwork in all capital letters and highlighted in yellow, that if you do not wish to have a test, go home, they will not do your procedure. Hospital rules. Period. End of story.
I liked their stand. It was good to see. No shoes, no shirt no service kind of thing.
I just wish I didn't have to have these again. Yuk! I am not a fan of both on the same day/time but I guess it's better to get it done than to have to go back.  AND I have to be there at 7:30am to have the test. 
Those are fun hours. 

**Rick came home on Wednesday and told me that the last customer sure was cute. Then he adds, "she had a set of DD's and she was wearing a green bra. It was a pleasure to watch"  
I burst out laughing. I asked, "how the hell do you know what color her bra is?"
He said, "she kept bending over" 
I'm glad you had a nice day dear.

11 comments:

Olga said...

I gather Rick has recovered nicely.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, being tired lingers but the unrelenting heavy fatigue is gone as is the skin issues and cough. Weird right? He looks healthy again and pink😄

BootsandBraids said...

Well, I'd like to know from where she found a green bra. I don't know if it's a side-effect of the pandemic, but all of a sudden all I can find available for purchase are white and black. LOL.

Jamie Ghione said...

Green bras--hmmm. I get the ones at Lane Bryant. They come in different colors. Not sure about green, though ;)

Julie H said...

Did you know the high age of millennials is 40? Kind of crazy. My brother will be 40 this year and he is considered the first year of them. My oldest daughter is going to be 27 and she is the youngest of them. That's a big age group to clump together! Some people are assholes no matter what age they are ;)

Mike said...

That was nice of you to be glad about Palin. I'm not so magnanimous about her. She's what pushed the republicans towards tRUMP.

I woke up during my last colonoscopy. I was watching everything on the monitor with the doc.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, well I was trying to be nice. :-) I do not like her or her kind.
You woke up? OMG that better not happen to me. Waking up during the colonoscopy may be easier than the endoscopy down my throat. Nope do not wish to wake up!!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

The millennium who hates Boomers sounds like the spam commenter who hits the blogs from time to time. I don't get how anyone can hate an entire group of people, generalize that way as if we're all cut from the same clothe.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, it was so mean. And it was filled with fake "facts". Then I thought is this an April fools joke early? I went to show Rick and now couldnt find it. It was a magazine article I saw online. When I find it ill put a link up.

Arkansas Patti said...

Well that explains why the millennials resist wearing masks. They were trying to kill off the boomers. Now covid is hitting that age group since most of us that survived are vaccinated. Good luck to them.
I had both done at the same time and my smarmy doctor grinned as he promised to do the endoscope first. Like they would use the same equipment for both:(

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Millenials and Gen-Xers are basically doing the same thing previous generations did, only they have more media outlets to voice their complaints, and feel free to be nasty. I doubt their Moms ever told them it's better to not say anything at all if they can't be polite.

I haven't had a colonoscopy in 8 years I guess. It's not something I really want to do, but plan to schedule it this year. Fun times.