Tuesday, April 27, 2021

About Face

I went to see a physician for some work to be done on my face.
No not a facelift or injections. Sadly I can't afford that, but some laser work to remove these brown spots all over my damn face. 

I so hate these spots. I had 2 aunts that had them. Horrible and ugly spots. One is so dark it looks black. It is hidden in my eyebrow thank goodness.
My dermatologist tried with cream then suggested that I needed to see this person for BBL. (like IPL only stronger)

I arrived 15 minutes early because I am not familiar with this particular city. She was eating her soup at her desk.  She put on her mask and told me to just come into her office. If I didn't mind her eating her cup of soup we can chat in her office. Man, did she have the most beautiful skin but then if that is your business you damn well should right? 

She was wearing a mask and I wondered how the hell she was going to eat that styrofoam cup of soup but I did not ask.  I sat at the chair in front of her desk. She moved to the far corner and asked if I minded if she ate this. She was a good 8ft away. She told me she has been fully vaccinated. I said I was as well. She said, "great" and took off her mask and asked me questions as she ate and I wore a mask. 

Then she asked me to remove it to see some of this. I have to tell you it felt weird and scary as hell to remove my mask. I know with both of us having been vaccinated that it is unnecessary to be wearing a mask. This made me realize that I now have an issue to deal with as far as my mask. 

When she was done looking over these ugly spots I put it back on and she laughed. She said to me, "it's scary, isn't it? We know this protects us and now even vaccinated we can't remove them mentally just yet"
Exactly! She understood me but that didn't make me feel less silly but I kept it on anyway.

I came home and told Rick how incredibly uncomfortable it made me feel. 
I know psychologically this is my issue that I must overcome. I can't even fathom going somewhere to be around a crowd or to go to a restaurant. I fear it. I can still get sick and I really don't wish to or worse cause Rick to be sick because his lungs are not in great shape as well as his kidney function.  I will never have my old normal back, will I?  I just need to adjust to this new life. It may take me more time than I thought.

Speaking of work on one's face.
Rick has a lovely sister. She is very pretty. She is lovely inside as well.
She lives in CA where everyone is required to change their face and bodies I swear. She had what she told us was her nose and eyes done. I'd say her whole face. Rick sent me a photo and said, "guess who this is" I said I don't wish to play this game, just tell me, please. He told me. You could have knocked me off my chair with a feather. She looks nothing like herself. A totally different person.

She used to look like Rick. She doesn't any longer. She is beautiful no doubt. She was beautiful before she did this. I think if you have the disposable income to do this you should be able to. But I find it so weird to have a whole new face. While I may not have been given the same gifts of say, Charlize Theron, it is still my face. I can't fathom having one face for 50 plus years and then poof - new face. Not that I wouldn't like the new face but it's not me. Is that making sense to you?

The bottom line, she is healthy and well. 
She was gorgeous before and she is gorgeous now. Just different. 
If she walked past Rick or me we would never recognize her. 
That is what I find odd, not that she did it. I give her kudos. I would do work on my face if I could. I just don't want a different face so I doubt I would cut my face but I'd do other things if I could afford it. 
But she looks fabulous and she feels fabulous and that is most important.

Not that I wouldn't want a new face but I've had this ugly one for a long time and I'm used to it. It would be odd walking by a mirror with another face don't you think? While Rick feels the same, of course, he has to take the street paved in perversion when he said to me, "Well it's like after all these years he's got a new woman in bed"  
Seriously my man is a sicko.

14 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

My doctor used to be a huger and I always hated that because I figured he's around germs all day. The pandemic put an end to that. I have not been in a doctor's office who had a desk in decades. She must be really busy to see people while eating lunch. Can she remove the brown spots?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, yes she can remove them.i can't wait!! I am not a fan of the hugging. A hand shake is fine.

Mike said...

I had to look up BBL. Without additional information, BBL comes up as Brazilian butt lift. Are you sure you're getting the right kind of surgery?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh how funny Mike.
Google IPL. It's IPL on steroids. BroadBand Light Therapy - not my butt.

Arkansas Patti said...

Gee I am glad Mike did the Googling. I was going there also and am glad you are not getting a butt lift. Glad she will be able to get those spots for you. I have patches of discoloration but too much to worry about. Just too many years in the sun.
Did you notice Queen Elizabeth's skin? She has amazing skin for anyone much a 95 year old.

Abby said...

Peggy, I've grown so used to wearing a mask in public and at work that it does feel weird to have it off. I don't think it's the fear of spreading a virus, it was just became "nice" to be concealed and now feels kinda naked.

I have a friend from high school who now looks totally different. I bumped into her once while visiting my parents and couldn't believe it was her. Even her hairline seems moved. Now we're friends on social media, but it still doesn't feel like Nancy from HS.

Glad you're back! Keep us posted, I have a few "freckles" forming.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, I have one cluster that other women have mentioned my "contouring" method on my face. It's not contouring, it's a clust of brown spots. It made me laugh for a minute. Yes she does have amazing skin. 1. no sun to speak of in the UK and 2 I don't think she was able to ever be young and playful outside since she was groomed from such a young age.

Abby, it's so odd isn't it? It's still Nancy but Nancy 2.0 and it's weird. At least to me. I mean I'll get these suckers zapped but it'll still be the same old mug. I had a friend in high school that wanted a nose job since she was a small child. She did have an unfortunate nose. When she turned 18 her parents allowed her to do it. She was pretty even with the big nose and she was popular. We were cheerleaders together. When we graduated she had it done and I went to visit her. She looked so different. It was hard to believe shaving off some of her nose would make her look so different.

Julie H said...

I'm fair skinned so I have a lot of spots. I have a new mole just on the outside of my eye. I've had several taken off over the years. I need to go get all checked over again, it has been awhile.

Linda said...

Those damn spots!!!!! I hate mine and want them gone but I haven't got the nerve to do it yet. Maybe one of these days.

Glad this doctors appointment was more benign than most of yours lately.

Rian said...

I am fair and have lots of moles - and brown spots now that I'm 'aging'... The Dermatologist has a field day with me. First time she saw me, she took off 4 moles and biopsied them... all fine. This year one on the back of my neck was a basal cell carcinoma and she took it off surgically.

And I know people also that have had things done to their faces/necks/etc. (would love to get rid of my turkey neck), but don't intend to do it. It's my face and it will remain my face. And as to the mask thing... I'm with you... and have gotten so used to it, that it will be hard to give it up and feel comfortable.

Mr. Shife said...

I need to hear how the brown spot removals go because I am getting these "age spots" all over lately. I also have a ton of moles, which aren't aging well either. I think I have had 5 removed in the past three years. Anyway, I hope it goes well. Take care.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I know how you feel about the age spots! I do not have them on my face, but I do have more and more on my hands, and now they are creeping up my wrists. My dermatologist gave me a cream, that I never filled but now wish I would have.

I did recently have a cosmetic procedure ~ I had micro-blading done, because for some reason in the last year, I have lost 80% of my eyebrows. I looked it up, it could be a thyroid problem, which I will check into. But the tattoo worked well. It hurt, I knew it would, but it wasn't too long. And Romeo told me afterward that it made me look younger!! I was happy with that. If I had the money, I might do a little touch up now and then, but I don't see the point in making your face look young when the rest of you is aging the way we normally do. But, hey, whatever makes you happy!

Mary said...

I have never understood why plastic surgeons cannot just smooth out the skin without so much stretching and pulling, so that women look like another person. I would always want to look like me, not that I’m anything to look at. Ha.
The only movie star that had really good work to me is Jane Fonda. She still looks like herself. Some are hideous with the pipe exhaust lips.

As for masks. I’m vaccinated as are all my friends, so we have been out to restaurants. We wear them walking in and out and I do feel entirely comfortable with going. I still wear them shopping in stores. Just saw my Dr. and we both had them on the whole time. But I’ve been wanting to go to a restaurant now for over a year..so I bit the bullet.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'll let you all know how this works out. I know she takes before and after photos so I may just put her pics of me up here. It hurts a bit I hear but I don't care - just take them away!