My stress test was fun. Someone told me that a nuclear one was painful but I don't know what they possibly could be referring to. No pain except the prick in my hand for the IV. They won't tell me anything so I have to wait until I see the doctor on Monday. I had to laugh when the woman told me to take longer strides. I said I am 5'1" and my inseam is 25 inches. I can't make longer strides.
The woman who said this was an amazon. Gorgeous but a big girl. She had to be 6 feet and she reminded me of Ashly Graham if you are familiar with that model. After I said my inseam, she turned from the machine and looked at me and said, "Ha, you are a short one, sorry, do the best you can." Tall people just don't get it.
I am watching so much tv now that I feel like crap. Rick and I are watching Undoing on HBO with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant. I didn't really care for the 1st episode but the following Sunday I watched episode 2 and boy I got into it. Each week we say, Oh the husband did it, the next week, ooh maybe Nicole's character did it, then this past episode that we watched last night we thought maybe the victim's husband did it. Then the ending came and we both gasped a loud audible gasp. Never thought it was that person. Oooh, it's getting good and only 1 episode left. Donald Sutherland does more acting with his face than most actors do. I just love him. Nicole is so darn good. I find Hugh Grant's character to be smarmy but maybe that is because that is how I view him. If not watching and you like murder mysteries and you have HBO give this a chance. Don't be like me and judge it by the first episode. This show sucks you in.
We are not having a holiday with family or friends. Nada. Just us. We feel strongly about this and we aren't gonna mess around. I feel like each day Rick goes to work we are playing Russian roulette. A man across the street from us told us this morning while walking his dog that his mom has covid and is in the hospital. She went to a church gathering. My goodness people are killing themselves. To me that is stupid. Pray at home. If you believe in God he can hear you no matter where you pray. It doesn't have to be in a certain building. Then again maybe she was ready to meet her maker at the ripe old age of 49.
And lastly, I read where Mango Mussolini was told by his aides he didn't have to concede but he had to allow the transition to take place. His poor aides are psychologists as well. You don't tell a bully loser that he lost. So in his warped mind, he won even though he had 7 million less popular votes and 74 fewer electoral votes. I know I make fun of the ass a lot but in all seriousness, I think he has severe mental problems. And if lucky he too will be a long hauler with covid. You almost have to pity him. Almost. I am certain that Cuomo winning an Emmy fried his arse. Cuomo was the recipient of its annual Founders Award, which cited his “effective use of television during the pandemic.” I do not live in NYC but it was helpful to have those updates to know what was happening. Facts were shown and explained and he can put a sentence together that doesn't sound like a 5th grader. (Bad virus, very very bad virus) Someone had to do it. I do fear another lockdown coming like Toronto and the UK. I better get my hair cut. :-) Priorities....lol
I hope your holiday is all you wish it to be. Be safe and enjoy the holiday we have. next year we're all going to have a blowout!!
18 comments:
I predicted as soon as I heard he had won the 2016 election that Trump would be eventually escorted out of the White House in a straight jacket. I really didn't think it would take this long! In any case, I will be SO glad to see him go.
Olga, handcuffs or straight jacket. I'd be fine with both. I know he will have some tax evasion court dates in NY when he leaves office.
"You almost have to pity him."
Nope.
"She went to a church gathering."
They think God is calling them. Nope. I think he's testing them and they're failing.
Handcuffs are my choice!
I was rather hoping that Andrew Cuomo would have been the dark horse presidential nominee - perhaps his day will come - it would certainly be interesting. And I'm awfully fond of Beto O'Rourke...Not fond at all of the newly elected heads of state tho I'm kinda loving most of the cabinet choices.
Mike - yep they are failing. good one!
Linda - actually that is my preference but the straight jacket is appealing :-)
Grace - maybe not thrilled but at least they are better than what we have. No ivanka and jared.
Pity him, are you crazy? Many people could have lived if he had only opened up regarding the virus. I still think that Trump is a devil and is here to destroy us. I lost two of my America friends just because I put a picture of Biden and the word " Respect ". I guess they weren't real friends. Keep strong Peg.
Cruisin Paul
I am so glad that Trump will not require the National Guard to oust him. He will never concede, it's not his "style".
I know what you mean about Rick at work ~ I feel the same way when I go to work. We've had one patient who said he caught the virus at our office, then changed his tune when I told him he was here one day before his test, so obviously it wasn't. I didn't think until later to ask why he waited two weeks to let us know? Another patient had a positive test the Monday after his visit, but called to let us know. A handful cancelled because they had been exposed and were awaiting tests. It was a reminder that although we aren't hygienists or dental assistants, we are still standing next to those patients taking temperatures and screening questions. I am worried what will happen after Thanksgiving.
Paul, sad to find out who are true friends are isn't it? But you are correct in all.
Yvonne, not sure he won't do a lot of damage between now and then. That is my biggest fear. You know he will let loose a lot of criminals who have lined his pockets. This is a good time to retire if you can. I can't just yet or I would. I would become a hermit until I am vaccinated.
I go back and forth between being super super careful and hey you might die walking across the street to get a beer (see latest post).
Glad your stress test is over. I just looked at my December calendar and said, "F _ _ k!" every week an appointment & there is one of mine that can't be scheduled until mid-December. Gotta just keep plugging along. Apologies because I'd forgotten about your mold problem until you wrote about it again. One of the things I'm thankful for is discovering your blog. You've given me a lot of laughs. Hope you and your hubby have a contented Thanksgiving Day at home. Warmest wishes from Maine.
I'm guessing if you didn't experience pain during your stress test that that's a good thing, indicating no blockage. But don't take my word for it, my doctor's degree came out of a box of Cracker Jack.
I don't feel one bit of sympathy for the president, he's done too much damage. I agree with you about him being mentally ill. And those like Mitch, Rudy and Lindsey who are taking advantage of his mental illness for their own power grabs are disgusting.
If you have access to your patient portal, you can get your results before the Dr. gets around to calling you. Of course you will need Google to translate.
I too think the man is mentally ill. Maybe after they get him for tax evasion, he can be put in an institution where he can get some help. Wish I cared.
Have as wonderful day as possible tomorrow.
Glad you're doing better!
I am officially volunteering to be on the team that puts The Donald in a straight jacket, with handcuffs, and drags his sorry ass out of the White House. Then we should let the Southern District of New York have their way with him and reaaalllly examine his business dealings & tax returns.
Julie - geez that guy on the street. I am glad I didn't see that.
Regina - Thank you for your kind words. You have no idea how much that means to me. You'll be the one who buys my book :-) Have a great holiday. Stay warm and well in Maine!!
Jean, those were my thoughts. I know my step mom told me when she got to a certain point they made her stop. I didn't have that issue. Just short legs. I also agree with everything you said about No chin Mitch, Rudy and Lindsey. They are all disgusting on their own before this and now they are just vile.
Patti- I see the doctor on Monday morning so I will wait because I really don't think anything was wrong with me.
Have a wonderful holiday!
Brian - okay then you've got the job. I don't see how any of those trumps can show their face in NYC again. It will be interesting. Most of the bldgs with his name are just that - his name on a bldg of which he does not own. I wonder if he owns the tower in NYC or rents the space for his name? If it is not his bldg I bet they don't renew his lease. And I will laugh.Happy Thanksgiving.
baby boomers are going to get abused and treated like garbage in the retirement homes. Maybe you boomers shouldn't have been so selfish and arrogant and greedy. Literally everyone hates baby boomers now. Enjoy those retirement homes, and good luck, boomers!
Love the last comment from anonymous since I’ve seen it plastered over and over word for word on many blogs I follow. I can visualize a pimply nerd in a basement somewhere, with a bag of Cheetos and some gummy bears with an IQ of about 10.
I'm glad your stress test wasn't very stressful. "Longer strides" HA!
I don't have much sympathy for people who go to big gatherings and then become infected.
I think Trump is one for the psychology books. Seriously, it would be an interesting study.
Post a Comment