Thursday, December 20, 2018

Grumpy.

Gonna be a tough day around these parts for some of us.
I should say it will be Rick having the tough day, but the wrath of him after his return will be awful for Izzy and me.

Rick was asked by a big name contractor around these parts to go to the District to help him out.
We have done a lot of work for him in VA of course and he knows we don't go to the District but he asked and actually begged me to sweet talk Rick. 
(he does not know I am his spouse)

I spoke to Rick and the entire time I was telling him what they were asking him to do, Rick was shaking his head no. By the time I was done he said yes. If this was not a good customer for us I know he would have never given in.
But he will be grumpy. Oh, he will be grumpy.

The morning Bobby called and asked about an appointment I had just had a woman move her appointment to January 
So there I was with a full day open. Perfect. 
After Rick said yes I told Bobby Rick would be there at 11am. 
I knew Rick could leave later and that would be helpful with traffic. 
It was nice to have him around this morning. He wasn't running out the door while it was still dark outside.

Rick left at 9 am so the traffic will be lighter, not good, but lighter. 
He should make this 20-mile journey in time. 
But he will be grumpy.

He will do the job and have a smile on his face and make the guys laugh.
Then he will be back at the office and he will be grumpy.
The dog and I will bear the brunt of all that in its glory.

Have I mentioned he will be grumpy?
Oh, my happy hubby will be a bear.

When Gary and William worked here and they knew he went to DC to help out a contractor. they would both ask to be warned when he'd be back. They did not wish to run into him, because they knew he would be grumpy.

I reminded him this morning all the business this company has given us to help with his feeling of impending doom on the highway. He grunted.
Oh dear, he will be grumpy tonight.

Yes, this man who has more patience than me (although that doesn't take much) and who is kinder than anyone I know, happy from the time his feet hit the ground in the morning. A man who is always happy, joking and smiling is broken by going to DC. The traffic to get there, the parking or lack of it and all around vibe. Add the holidays and this will be a bad day....for us all. 

I am making his favorite meal tonight Hopefully that will not hurt.
I will do all necessary to make the grumpy bear happy.
I'll even put out. 😄

Have I mentioned he will be grumpy?

12 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Peg, you are a wonderful wife cooking him his favorite meal. I hope his being grumpy will change after seeing the meal and change into a big smile. Have a wonderful day you two. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

Abby said...

I'm glad he at least has you to support his grumpy. This too shall pass!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yes, but since the post before was me being a bit frustrated with Traffic and it will be nothing like this I understand.
:-)

Brian said...

Considering what he did for you yesterday after your tangle with traffic, you might better meet him at the door wearing a cute little nightie and with a drink in your hand for him. (wink, wink)

Mike said...

"I'll even put out."
Are you sure this isn't for YOU?!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian, 🤗

Mike, perhaps

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

So let us all know tomorrow if it's true what they say about grumpy guys and bedroom skills.

Susan Kane said...

Grumpy? No. Surely not.

Sounds like there were degrees of success.

Olga said...

I think it is always helpful to know what to expect. Sounds like you have a good plan for counter grumpiness, so good luck!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, what do they say?

Arkansas Patti said...

Ha ha, I have to hear how this turns out. At least you have a plan.

Julie H said...

lol on putting out. Maybe that's why he'd say he would go ;)