What a nice surprise to see my favorite New York Yankee, #51 Bernie Williams. Oh, I used to talk to my TV screen, Bernie, I want to have your children, Williams was my name for the man. Rick would laugh at me. But he slowly grew to understand my love of this mans talent over the years. Mr Consistant is what I called him as a ballplayer.
Bernie was there to honor Wayne Shorter, composer and jazz saxophonist. I remember seeing him once with Carlos Santana but in all honesty, I don't know the man's work because I am not a big lover of jazz.
Now my husband sees Bernie on screen and says, I know what he's been doing since he retired. I said, "duh, music". Rick said, "No eating"
Oh, you have a lot of nerve my Potbellied stallion. He laughed and said c'mon he's gained a lot of weight. Yes, he has. He doesn't play ball every day and exercise every day. I am sure he eats the same but he's not moving the same. It happens. I still love him, leave my boyfriend alone Rick.
Then I saw Cher receive her honor. Adam Lambert sang one of the best renditions of Do you believe in Life after Love? That man is so seriously talented. He needs to make more music. Or maybe he does but it's techno crap I hate, and of course, I would never hear, who knows.
I just think that this man is seriously good looking and talented beyond belief. Yes, I know he plays for the other team, but I can still admire his looks because that is the way I roll.
I had read a long time ago that the majority of those honored refused to go if Trump was there.
We all know Cher has an issue with the orange beast.
But I read several did the same.
The orange criminal said he wouldn't go, so the show went on and the honorees all showed up. How sad is that if true? But he wasn't there and presidents are always in the front row.
It is slow right now. Holiday slow and shut down slow.
The shut down hurts us terribly. Everyone here works in gov't. So therefore if no work, no money spent. No money spent, peggy can't eat. It's a big suck fest.
I hate that petulant child.
New Year's Eve is coming up. That means I have been married for 25 years.
Wow, how times flies. I met him in 1987. We moved in together in late 1990 and got married in 1993 on Dec 31st in Montego Bay Jamaica under a flower field gazebo overlooking the ocean. Perfection.
As I have shared many years here, we don't care for NYE.
It's nuts out there. But I am glad to see this year move on. I wish it were 2021 to be honest. National nightmare will be over but I digress...
I don't need to go to a party and drink too much and have to uber home.
I don't enjoy any of that. I never did in my 20's either. Thankfully neither does Rick. In my 20's and 30's I would still go to these stupid parties with friends. There was always a build up and then a huge let down. I didn't enjoy NYEve and when I'd tell my friends this they would laugh. Sure I'm holding your head over the commode while you hurl, tons of fun.
We used to be asked to parties all the time. We would say we couldn't and they would persist and badger. It was damn annoying.
But now we say, "oh no thank you, it's our anniversary" And everyone stops right there (as it should be without your anniversary) In the past we have done some fun things on that night for our anniversary, went to the Carribean, that was a fun one, went to Toronto, my favorite city was another fun one. We went to Florida and that was a hoot because we beach people were in a freeze of 35-degree weather. Lucky us to hit the only cold snap ever like that in Florida. We laughed about it as we ran to stores to see if they had warm weather clothing that we did not bring.
35 degrees and shorts just don't work.
Ah, but this year is going to be very low key. Home. I like Home.
Just my hubby and me.
Quiet and low key is good for the old farts.
In the past even though it's going to be a laid-back night we still always go out to dinner. We aren't doing that either this year.
We are changing things up, people.
It should be a nice evening though. We made plans.
Then after this food and drink season is over.
I know that the only thing I got for Christmas was a few extra pounds.
My jeans are tight. Not good. Too much food and drink.
So like everyone else I will be good after New Year's Eve. No drinking or good food. At least not until my jeans are no longer tight.
I like to wear my jeans and breathe at the same time. Or is that just me?
11 comments:
Happy New Anniversary!
Thank you Bluzdude!! Happy New Year.
HA! That's Happy Anniversary.
Claudia and I have been staying home the past few years. But one of our friends downsized from their house to a condo. They decided to start having NYE parties again. ARRG.
I agree with you about Adman Lambert. He records in a genre I don't like but when he sings 'regular' stuff like he did on American Idol he could send shivers up my arms, he's so good. And cute!
I like the idea of a New Year's Eve wedding and anniversary. You picked a great location, too.
Mike, since you mentioned your friend's party I am assuming that means Claudia thinks you two should go. Argh! is right. I'm sorry. Tell 'em you have diarrhea, they never question that. :-)
Jean, I'm not sure if you meant great location as to where I got married or where I am celebrating my anniversary. But both are great to me. :-)
I have to go on a diet too I'm too fluffy and miserable. I want to wear cute clothes again.
I'm roped into the entertainment committee so I have to go help with the party. I can walk home from my bar though (through a field lol)
Julie, I liked your phrase fluffy & miserable. copy that!!
Walking home drunk through a field sound likes it is right out of a horror movie.
I remember the season Adam Lambert was on American Idol. It was one of a couple of years I watched with whichever child/grandchild was staying with me. I remember thinking how well he did with various types of music. I remember his look at the time as kind of out there but that is what being young is all about. I don't know that I have heard him sing since then but I wouldn't be surprised if he went far in the music world.
I enjoyed good food and drink over the past couple of weeks. Time to start a good soup cleanse. New Year's Eve will be a non-event as usual in my life. I have a firm rule to never go out to eat on NY Eve, Valentine's Day or Mothers' Day.
Olga, I think that is a great rule on those dates.
Barbara, I dont recall him looking weird. I loved his hair back then. He's older, filled out and is just damn cute and super talented!
Post a Comment