Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Bacon?

The TV was on as it usually is in the background.
Rick was in his chair reading some business papers.
I was getting packages ready to ship.

I hear the anchor person say, "There is a bacon crisis, tonight on our 6pm news broadcast."


I laugh.

That sparks Rick and he says, "Why is that funny?"
Well, we can't be without bacon. We love bacon, everyone we know loves bacon, what kind of crisis is there? A shortage at Christmas? 

Now Rick is howling with laughter and tells me that I should never ever get my hearing fixed because I am sure a hoot as a deaf ole broad.


Oh oh.

What did they say if it wasn't a Bacon Crisis Rick?

There is a Vaping Crisis.


Vaping as in pot or cigarettes?

Yep. That is what was really said, Margaret. 


Yeah, that is different, isn't it? Oh my goodness. Well, I'm glad it's not bacon because that means more to us than Vaping. 


He just shook his head and laughed at me.

I think I deserved this one.

18 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Oh, Margaret, you so need hearing aids. LOL And I'm really glad their is no bacon crisis. That would be unbearable.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Spelling checking myself...that should be "there is no bacon crisis" not 'their.'

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, then what would I have to blog about?

Julie H said...

haha. People look so crazy vaping in their cars.

Brian said...

Darn, I just put 2 pounds of bacon in the freezer. That was my chance to corner the market for about 10 microseconds and make a killing!

But Vaping IS bad and the companies that are pushing that crap ought to be sued and put out of business. It's as bad or worse than actual smoking!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, I have never seen that, but things are legal in your state that aren't here.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian, I just saw where teens using strawberry and other flavors and inhaling this shit through vaping is causing all kinds of medical issues. Eat bacon, far less toxic😁

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian, 2lbs is enough for Rick and I what will you be eating?

Cruisin Paul said...

I'm confused. What the hell is vaping? I know what bacon is. In fact we are having bacon & eggs for dinner. See ya Peg. I bet your ears are OK.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, you may have to google it - too hard to explain.

Mike said...

There are vaping stores all over the place here in St. Louis. And it is funny to see this big cloud coming out of someone. If they are driving it's a wonder they can see anything.

There is no smoking or vaping in businesses here. Except for the smoking bars (no food served). I keep waiting for a drunk smoker/vapor fight to break out somewhere.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike if there is smoke what is the point of vaping? I don't get it.

Arkansas Patti said...

Ha ha, well thank goodness it wasn't bacon. I have a good friend whose son is a bacaholic. He swears he wants to die with bacon on his breath.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, well what a way to go!!

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

No bacon for this vegan.

Abby said...

HA! A "bacon" crisis. That might cause street riots.

Susan Kane said...

A house without bacon? Never.

Barbara said...

Now you're making me think. Wasn't there really something about pigs/bacon on the news. Seems like I saw something flash by reading news blurbs. Hahaha. Now I'll have to research it.