Does anyone know how to take my blog posts and save them somewhere or do I have to just copy and paste or print them all? I want them all but will then take what I need. Any ideas that aren't going to take me a month to do?
I got 3 years done and it took forever. I don't have that kind of time, I'll die first.
So any ideas will be helpful and very much appreciated.
My hip is out. Yes, my hip, not my back. At around 2:30p this morning I was in such pain. I laid in bed looking at the clock and put my knees together and squeezed. I heard and felt this deep loud pop. It went back in. But now I have some residual pain. Fun eh? This has happened before but never to this extent.
Age? It's just getting worse? All of the above?
Yeah, I am going with the last one too.
That big snowstorm southern Virginia received as well as the other southern states missed us.
We have had a great winter of cold but sunny and no really big snow.
My favorite kind.
I LOVE The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Yes, I keep telling you that.
I wish it were longer. If it were a network TV show it would get 20 episodes. But they only did 10. I went through those 10 so quickly.
Now I am in full blown withdrawal.
The clothes, the actors, the story, just everything is perfect to me. God the clothes on season 2 are even better.
I have the Homecoming in the queue next with Julia Roberts.
But I have a feeling it will be dark and good, but not my favorite thing like The Marvelous MM.
Thankfully in a few weeks, there will be Grace and Frankie.
Rick and I also watched Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas as 2 old friends and how they are dealing with their life at their age. The show is called The Kominsky Method. Alan's wife dies and while that is awful it was funny how he still talked to her and felt like he saw her. Those around him who saw him doing this thought he was losing his marbles of course. I liked the show and the premise but it wasn't as good as The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel or Grace and Frankie.
All in the writing folks. I now need to find a 12 step program to get this out of my system. Any ideas?
Season 1Trailer
Season 2 Trailer - my favorite season of the 2 thus far. I was thrilled there was no sophmore slump
16 comments:
Your hip just pops out while you sleep? Ooch!
Seems that I've seen a button to download entire blog histories, but I've never done it. I can't remember where I've come across it - rummage around in your settings.
I'm terrible at watching TV - always fall asleep. "WE" have watched MMM and just started Homecoming. Husband says they're good?
Abby, it actually was out earlier and I just couldn't sleep and at 2am I was just staring at the clock.
Good to hear about Homecoming. It is for the weekend when we are exhausted from all the chores we'll be doing all day. :-)
Margaret - just go to blogger and click on settings and then other. You will see the button to backup content and that allows you to save it. I think that should work! We also got skipped by the massive storm and I am so very thankful! Have a grea6t rest of your week! Hugs
I've been watching so many shows while I sew and avoid doing the things I should be doing while there are too many people in my house.
I kind of got annoyed at the Mrs. Maisel because it's like she doesn't even have kids. I guess that would only be a poor family problem. Like they go to a camp for the summer and the kids are never there. Wouldn't they be watching fire works even? They finally brought them in a bit towards the end of the season but she was still like hey I'm leaving on a tour like a single person with no children.
I wonder if Ann W above knows where the content gets saved if you do as she instructed...your own computer or a google cloud? I write my blogs in Word and save a copy after I post it and are on a memory stick. You used to be able to get them all slurped up and put in a file in order that they were posted by using Blurb but they discontinued the service. There is another self publishing company that allowed you to slurp up all your posts and make an online or hard copy book but they were really expensive. Whatever I've done has been time consuming and it's been on my mind to learn more about Blogger's back up feature.
Ann, I ask the same question as Jean does below. Where am I saving these to? And you are leaving for Aruba soon so I don't feel bad for you if you did have snow. HA!
Julie - I said the same thing. Kids are an afterthought on tv and in movies, aren't they? In Season 2 they are always with the husband. But seriously they had babysitters who were mentioned while they are at the Catskills, this is money and privilege dear, something we don't have :-) Besides it's like any TV show, they have a kid and then you never really see said kid so aside from that I love the show.
Jean - I should have done that on word first. This is taking so much of my time I am cross eyed.
Okay ladies, it says it will back it up to my computer in an xml file. Is that something I can read? I hate that I am not technical.
I wish I could help, but it's too late to use my method, at least for past writing. I always write in Word first, then copy/paste into the Blogger template and add pics. So I have at least the first draft of all my posts saved to my hard drive, going back to 2009 when I started.
Bluzdude, at least going forward I will do that. In the meantime, I will continue doing it the way I have and will end being cross-eyed. Hey, it could be a good look. :-)
.xml should be fine. I believe that is a word doc ext. If not, you can always download the codes to your computer.
I'm waiting on Mrs Maisel because I know I'll go through them fast. I agree, if they're going to make us wait a year for the next season they should do more episodes bbq per season. I really liked Th Kominsky Method. My favorite show is Santa Clarita diet, but I think you have to be a fan of both zombies and Timothy Oliphant as I am! It's really fun though!
So sorry about your hip. Isn't it amazing how disrespectful our bodies become after all the years we've taken care of them!
The Guy and I were looking for a new show to get lost in. We like the Kominsky Method, too. Our last marathon was The Final Table on Netflix. The best chefs from around the world competing by creating international favorites. Excellent show.
I missed Downton Abbey when it began. So I've watched the whole series. And then a week later, started the whole series again. I'm about halfway through now.
Saving Mrs.Maisel until I'm off work for the break over the holidaze. loved the first season, though.
I downloaded a blog of mine just to see what it would look like. Although the text is there, it is mixed in with the XML code so it's not easy to pick out. Back to copy and paste?
Pippa - I did not care for the Santa Clarita Diet - I love Barrymore so I checked it out. I tried for 3 episodes but I just didn't care for it. My husband watched it. It was gross to me. Sorry. And XML is not readable. I'm back to copying and pasting and I will be finished by 2060.
Ami - I never did see Downton Abbey. I need to retire so I can watch more TV :-)
Toni - I saw The Final Table as well. I love cooking shows and this one was good. If you Liked Kominsky Method you and hubby would probably like Grace and Frankie. The first season lays out the personalities. The next few seasons only get better and better to me. I want to look like Jane Fonda and wear her clothes in the series but my heart is more Frankie :-)
We've watched Grace and Frankie. I am totally Frankie in values and bohemian personality and also drooling over Grace's wardrobe!
see? Toni, we can be both!🤗
Post a Comment