Monday, October 29, 2018

I Won!!

I have a very busy Monday so I am going to be brief. 
The story that happened on Saturday while Rick was working will have to wait until tomorrow. I can tell you how Rick walked in on a man while he was pleasuring himself while Rick was doing his tub. Oh my!

But to more important things for today - I WON! 

Rick and I were going out with the dog when they pulled up to our house.
(they were early)
We did our welcomes and hugs on the sidewalk.
Then as we walked to our door she commented about our landscaping and the vincas, the stone wall and this temperature on said vincas etc.

I barely heard a thing she said, I just looked at Rick and smiled.
After they left he said, "so you win a back rub" Yep I do mister, she wasn't even in the house yet - told you!
I told you blogger friends I know her. She didn't waste any time.
Then, of course, she asked if she could tour our home.
Aargh!
Yes, this blue was nice but it would look nicer if you did.....
I just smiled, because slapping her is wrong.

Denny and Kathy are very nice people. She is okay to be around for short periods of time. Denny is a sweetie and I adore him. I see why he and Rick have been friends since he was 20 years old. He is kind, thoughtful, generous and empathetic and so damn funny! He loves this woman for the past 40+ years so I try to see the nice in her that he sees. I see it, but her annoying habits overshadow it all and get to me more. I need to work on that. Especially because after a few drinks my husband said YES to an event to attend with them. 
In full disclosure, Rick feels the same about Kathy. But he loves Denny so we all must keep working on this I suppose. We are seeing more of him since they are semi-retired.

When they left and Rick shut the door he turned to me and asked, "you are going to kill me for jumping on that invite aren't you?" I said, "No, I don't wish to go but it will be fine. It should be pretty there. I know you miss Denny in your life. Besides I 'm about to get a back rub, I'm not stressed about anything even spending Thanksgiving with them on the eastern shore.

I leave you with Michael Buble in Carpool Karaoke.
God I love this guy (Michael)

12 comments:

Annsterw said...

Congrats!!! What a great win...LOL!!!! Hope it was a fantastic back rub. As for tomorrows post; people are crazy! What is wrong with the world today?!??!? Could the man not wait an hour until your husband was gone - ick!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Too funny, how predictably irritating she is. I would probably find ways to play with her mind...like fake kiss her ass over her opinions. "Oh, no! you think this blue is wrong for this room? Please mail me some paint chips when you get home." Or I'd do the same thing she does when I toured her house. "Your throw pillows are all wrong..."

Mike said...

Next time they come over you need to set up some really strange things all over the house and see if she comments on all of them.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You guys are so funny, she will tell me why I am wrong. It is all so exhausting. Yesterday I dealt with it just fine. I had 2 glasses of wine and just laughed. I can do it most visits but sometimes I am not in the right frame of mind I guess. Either way, I got a back rub that was to die for and I didn't have to put out afterwards. :-) HA HA HA

Pippa said...

I like Mike's idea, lol! Then if she remarks on them, you should dramatically say (EVERY TIME): Oh my God, no! That's a family heirloom! Huge sentimental value! HUGE!! Lol. She'll either get the point and shut up or get frustrated and shut up. Either way, you'll have some fun with it!

Abby said...

I can only imagine how irritating she must be, but makes for good entertainment - and prize back rubs! You're a good sport to put up with her for the sake of Denny and Rick. I'm sure her Thanksgiving spread will be fit for royalty.
And Rick walked in on...?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Pippa, you think that would happen, wouldn't you?
However in the past when something was a family possession she said, "oh that's a shame so you have to keep it"
There is nothing you can do to stop her. I am now just going with it and letting it all fly off me.

Abby - well you see Rick puts up with my family. They are not easy by any means. So me doing this for 1 person is the least I can do. At this age, I am now finding it a sport. I am amused and amazed at the shit she says.

Arkansas Patti said...

Just make it a game and every time she proves you right, mentally check it off and grin. Back rubs are worth almost any sacrifice.
When I am on my last leg, don't call a priest, call a masseuse.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, that is great - call a masseuse. Go out relaxed and feeling better. :-) I have made it a game of sorts and it helps. But I liked it better before they were retired because I only saw them once a year.

Olga said...

Some people are just too predictable. It is difficult when one half of a couple is difficult.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, oh I agree. I just have to learn to deal with it. Now I feel like the burden is on me, because heaven knows she is not changing at age 66 so I must become more flexible. I think when she talks I will just envision slapping her or saying something terrible and then I'll feel better. :-) At least she didn't vote for trump. I will give her that. She is a very smart woman, she'll tell you that too. ...tee hee

Julie H said...

LOL she sounds like a ton of fun but at least you got a back rub out of the deal!