Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Home

6 states, lots of emotion, and really nice people.
That was my trip to Vermont.

I am still processing it all. It was emotional and filled with beautiful vistas.
I tried to write it all last night but just couldn't.
I will I am sure at some point in time.
But it was very nice.

I left home at 85 degrees and very humid.
I came home to November weather.
Could be worse. I believe today's high will be 61.

I was greeted at the door with grunts, groans and sloppy wet kisses and then Rick came downstairs to greet me too. Izzy was all over me. I heard from Rick that she never napped. Kept walking to the dining room window and looking out, then just laying by the front door. At night she went up to the bedroom as she does and put her chin on my side of the bed. When she saw I wasn't there she slept by the front door.

He called to tell me she was antsy and he was doing all kinds of things to occupy her mind. Day 1 and Day 2 Rick doesn't miss me. By Day 3 he misses me and the texts came.
Day 4 he is asking when am I coming home and all this lovey-dovey stuff.
He makes me laugh. He always tells me 2 days is his limit. I told him to remember day 4 when he is angry with me.

But apparently, Izzy missed me from day 1.
She hasn't left my side.
As I type this she is sleeping on my feet under the desk.
And I admit I love every minute of it because before I know what hit me she will be Rick's dog again and not want anything more from me than food and treats.

Honestly, it's good to be home.

17 comments:

April said...

Yep always nice to get away but then everyone wants to know when you will be home! I wonder if my animals would do that???? Yep especially if the CHIEFS play while I'm gone! - Notch freaks out when they play (his dad yells during the game!).

Glad you are back!

Barbara said...

Nothing beats the love of a dog. Glad your visit went well. At my age, which is not all that old, I'm already starting to think when I see someone that I don't often see, that this might be the last time I get to see them. My dad had heart problems for a long time, and each time I saw him I thought this might be the last. The last time I saw him was I Thanksgiving weekend and I remember thinking he didn't look good but then he hadn't for the last long while. The next day he and my brother-in-law drowned in a boating accident. I was always so glad that I spent that last day with him and spent a happy time knowing it might be the last.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April - oh oh, yelling during the game would scare me too!

Barbara, OH I am so sorry. I am glad you did see him before the accident. I hope that gave you some comfort.

I do believe this will be the last time I see Betty (ex mother in law) that's one of the things that made this so emotional.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Welcome home. It sounds like your trip was worth the effort and it's always good to come home to loving licks and kisses from a faithful dog and hugs and kisses from a faithful man.

Mike said...

So I guess Rick did tell you about me coming to visit him and us going to the strip clubs at night? I guess he'll tell you these stories later. Yeah, that's it, later. :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thank you Jean.

Mike, I'd believe you if it meant he could stay up late enough to do that. :-)

Ami said...

Glad you're home safely.

In our house, Maggie was Eric's creature. Oh, she loved us, too. But he was her god.

Geez I miss that dog still!!

Olga said...

Glad to hear your trip was a good one. Have to wonder what Izzy was imagining while you were gone. Enjoy the attention while you can. I can relate to because our pets LOVED Mike and tolerated me so I would feed them when he wasn't around. I always said he would go to animal heaven and he always said that is exactly were he would prefrer to be.

Cruisin Paul said...

Welcome home safe & sound Peg. I must be like Izzy, because morning I would open your blog up to see if you were home and had written another blog. I was missing your writing so I'm very happy to see that you are back. Rest and I'll see you tomorrow. See ya my friend.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, thats how it is here too so this was a surprise, a nice one

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, I do often wonder what Izzy is thinking when we leave her at doggy day care overnight and the like. I love that Mike said he'd go to animal heaven. I think he'd meet my husband. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, what a lovely thing to say my dear blogger friend. BTW, still having issues getting to your blog. I am now using that link you sent me since that is the only way I can get in.Hope you are feeling better!!

Abby said...

Glad you're back home and Izzy's not missing you anymore!

Julie H said...

See she does love you too lol. OMG my dogs are hilarious when I go anywhere over night. When I'm gone 5 days they can't believe I wasn't dead when I come back haha.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Julie that is so funny. Dogs are just the best even if I am her 2nd choice, I'll take it.

Arkansas Patti said...

You were missed and that had to feel good. She obviously loves you and just feels you know it and just don't need constant reinforcing. I'd tell myself that anyway.
Glad your trip was safe and satisfying.

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Gorgeous pics!
xo