My mother used to accuse me of the mumbling thing. My husband used to constantly respond to conversations we were not having until he started ignoring me completely. well, I thought he was ignoring me but by the time he actually got his hearing tested he was actually deaf. I was amazed he functioned as well as he did after seeing the testing process. After the discussion of hearing aid options he said, "I just want to hear crickets chirping again." The audiologist's response, "Oh, You'll never hear crickets again." I took note -- crickets, not the sound of your wife's voice?
4 comments:
My mother used to accuse me of the mumbling thing. My husband used to constantly respond to conversations we were not having until he started ignoring me completely. well, I thought he was ignoring me but by the time he actually got his hearing tested he was actually deaf. I was amazed he functioned as well as he did after seeing the testing process. After the discussion of hearing aid options he said, "I just want to hear crickets chirping again." The audiologist's response, "Oh, You'll never hear crickets again." I took note -- crickets, not the sound of your wife's voice?
Whahahahahahaha! Great flashback. That was 8 years ago. How bad is his hearing now?
Linda, thankfully the sameš¤£
Olga, you never fail to crack me up. My husband called me white noise once. He's lucky he lived.
Post a Comment