Every weekend in August we have something going on.
I'm already exhausted and it's only July.
For 2 old farts who don't do a ton of things we sure are busy.
Rick is in a poker tournament at the MGM at the national harbor the first weekend of the month.
I wish I understood poker without a cheat sheet.
I play like it's Yahtzee. I say things that drive Rick mad.
Oh you know like, well that is a small straight in Yahtzee isn't that good?
Hey, a full house is the same in Yahtzee Rick, isn't that cool?
No, he doesn't think so.
He won't play with me but he marvels at my skill of being able to read people.
I thought it was just him I could read because I know him so well.
I sure know when he's bluffing and boy does it bug the shit out of him.
So when he played at our house with a bunch of guys I could see "tells" on a few.
After everyone went home I pointed out a couple to Rick that he never noticed.
Sure enough next time he played with the neighborhood guys he used what I told him and it worked.
This man so loves poker he watches it on TV.
Talk about boring, the only thing worse is watching a guy on TV go fishing!
And yes, he's done that too.
I will point things out while he watched the World Series of Poker.
He keeps telling me I should learn how to play because I'd make a-killin'.
I don't think it would work like that. I'd learn to play and be so focused on what is better a full house or 3 of a kind or whatever it's called in Poker, that I wouldn't be able to watch others.
Now if there were high stakes Yahtzee, damn, I'm your gal!
We are going up to Maryland for a BBQ with some friends the following weekend.
I used to work with Maggie and it's been a while since we've all been together.
We always have a great time at their home. Last time we ended up spending the night with the dog no less. Our dog slept with their dogs. It ended up being so much fun and there were others who didn't drive home either. In the early morning, the men all ran out and bought breakfast food and came back and we cooked the breakfast for the family and cleaned up and left. It was an adult slumber party with dogs and kids.
While that doesn't sound like fun, surprisingly it sure was.
This is the annual BBQ. No sleepovers though. We are leaving Izzy behind so we must come home. I will be the designated driver I'm sure.
We got tickets to see a bluesman we just love later in the month. I am so excited about this. Keb Mo is the man. We got these the day they went on sale then it was sold out. I love Keb Mo. My sister said, "isn't that the guy who sings the theme song to Mike and Molly?" Why yes it is, but he's more than that. I first saw him at a Blues Festival. Then Rick saw him in Boulder, just he and his guitar on stage. Then we saw him playing with Garth Brooks of all people. When Pres. Obama had some event he sang America The Beautiful and it was on PBS. All I know is it was the best rendition of the song, to me anyway.
This show is at an intimate theatre called the Birchmere.
I am thrilled we got tickets.
The following weekend we leave for a vacation. (only 4 weeks to go!)
We may really need it by then.
Postive problems, oh such positive problem.😎
10 comments:
That slumber party sound like a blast! I want some of that.
Have fun on your vacation.
Linda - I have a month to go...can you tell I can't wait?
And if you had told me this would end up being a slumber party I would have said no thanks. But it ended up being fun. And let me tell you how juvenile a bunch of old folks can get sleeping on the floor and laughing. Ages - 40-50s. Oh my, it was fun.
I like that kind of music. Can't believe I haven't heard Keb before.
I'd love an adult slummer party. Sounds like a lot of fun.
I've been trying to get Mary Lou to go on a short vacation to Toronto but she's worried about getting shot since Toronto has had some problems lately. I jut want to get out of Amherstburg.
Enjoy your vacation. See ya Peg.
Cruisin Paul
We always have to go home to the dogs too lol. And I wear contacts, that's got me out of quite a few of the "you should just spends the nights" lol
Julie, yep, try it again and let me know if it works. I hope so!
Watching poker and fishing on TV are so far down on my list of things to do. I'll get around to fixing (fill in the blank) before I do that.
I would add bowling to the list of Fun to Play, not Much Fun to Watch.
Jean, I think being an impromptu slumber party is what made it fun. Grown up on blow up mattress on the floor in the living room laughing like we were all 12.
Paul - Toronto is still far safer than the majority of American Cities. Go, have fun, nothing better than Toronto if you ask me.
Mike I couldn't agree more.
Bluzdude - Oh yes, bowling. That doesn't bother me near as much as fishing and poker but I get it. :-)
Can't say I am a fan of Garth (That hat bugs the hell out of me) but Keb Mo, yes!
Post a Comment