Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring....I Missed You!

Ah, Spring.....Daffodils, Tulips, Cherry Blossoms to name just a few.
Spring is the time you can open your windows and enjoy the fresh air after months of being all closed up. 

Yes, people dream of spring time and all the happiness it brings.

We, here in the mid-Atlantic got robbed of spring time.
We went from having the heat on one day to needing the air conditioner the very next day.
We went from walking the dog in hat, coat, scarf and gloves to the next day in 90 degree heat and flip flops.

No spring for us.
I dreamt of it for months but it just skipped by my home all together.
I longed to be able to sit on my patio with a nice cold beverage and enjoy an afternoon or evening. Now it's too hot to even sit out there. Lunch on the patio today lasted a whole 5 minutes of melting.

Oh sure a cold front is coming in for a day. A lousy day of 75 and rain.
Then back to the 80's. It's April people.
Spring is 65 - 70. Lovely weather that is warm but not hot.
We call them Peggy days in my family. I have always loved 70 degrees.
I have a cousin who will always say to me, "oh it was a beautiful Peggy day"
And I know it was in the low 70's with low humidity.
Ah, now c'mon doesn't that sound really nice?

I was begging for spring. I was begging all winter. I wasn't begging for summer.
Someone got my order all wrong, all kinds of wrong.

8 comments:

Mike said...

We've had a few small tornado's here in St. Louis. I'm sending them your way. You can thank me later.

mamahasspoken said...

Agree! Easter was the farthest from spring like. This past week has been great. Temps in the 70's (def. a Peg week) but there is that damn cold front headed our way tonight and back to the 50's. At least I did get to open my windows and air out all the smells of winter AND it's been my spring break week.
Heaven.....

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gee thanks Mike but you can keep them. I did not order those either.

Bonnie...."air out the smells of winter" That is wonderful. Enjoy your spring break.

Carolyn said...

Yeah my friends in maryland were saying how hot is was. Come on up to NJ we've had great spring weather this week! back to rain today and tomorrow but the weekend is supposed to pick back up again!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carolyn, I'm on my way!!!!!!!

Arnebya said...

It does seem like spring was skipped. I won't complain though, you know that. The girls were all "It's too hot to sleep" last night and I genuinely got upset. This isn't even summer, I told them. I suggest you take a cool shower, put on a tank top and some drawers and take your ass to bed. Talk to me about air conditioning when it's late June and 90+ humidity. Because right now? In April? Not hapnin.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Arnebya - first night we refused the air. The damn dog was restless because she was so hot and kept waking us up. 2nd nite same thing, he went downstairs and turned on the air. So much for that. It's off now and not coming on again until June I told him!!

Julie H said...

We're up to the 80's now too. The last couple days have been horrible wind storms. Sucks. But it's way better than snow.