Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Be Careful What You Wish For.

Rick used to tell me that line above all the time.
He's right too.
(shh, we don't like to use that word, 'right', when speaking of or to Rick)

I remember driving our boat by our neighbors lake home and I would say, "I'd be happy just living on his dock babe."
Damn! 
Now my lake house is about the size of his dock.
The man is famous so he does bring up the neighborhood as you can well imagine.
I bring down the price of his home I'm sure.
Why didn't I wish for his house? Silly silly me.

But I did share with you all that I wanted to be on The Chew.
They read my blog and have generously invited me to join the show at the tasting table.
Yummy!!! 
To say I am excited is an understatement as you can well imagine.
(what will I wear???)
I go in May for a noon taping of the show. I imagine it will be shown the next day.
I'll keep you posted.

Now I think since that worked out so nicely for me I will wish for this large lottery win right now.  I do believe that 400 million dollars would be a nice wish come true.
Someone asked me what I would buy first.
You know the first few things I'd do have nothing to do with buying anything.
I would see my attorney, my financial advisor and my travel agent.
Rick and I would hop a plane somewhere warm and stick our feet in the sand and just think about what we want to spend this money on and who to share it with etc.
A life of leisure would be a nice way to retire don't you think?
So I have to run now,  I must compose my blog post to the lottery now.

11 comments:

Mike said...

'(what will I wear???)'

A great big bib! Then go for the gusto!

Carolyn said...

I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - just a bib? That may be a good look. I guess when they pan the table you'd know which one was me then wouldn't you? :-)
My husband would like that look as well. And boy do I plan to eat. Screw my allergies to gluten or anything else. I am full on eating with gusto!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carolyn - thank you. I hope they allow me to take photo's. I'll post them.

Julie H said...

Oh man that's so exciting! The only thing people want to give me are viagra and taxi rides.

Arnebya said...

Wow! I'm so happy for you. I remember reading the post like "she's so excited" and "if only." And now look. It's happening and you're channeling the lottery (I'ma need $250K please. You don't even need to give it to me directly; just send it to Wells Fargo. KICKSMASHSCREAM (sorry, just saying the name makes me manic)).

@Mom Taxi Julie -- WHY did I first read your comment as "vagina and taxi rides"? And now I can't stop giggling.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Arneyba - Oh you and Julie are cracking me up today!! Thanks I needed that. BTW- they contacted me just hours after I posted this. I wanted to be sure i was going before i told you all.

Ms. A said...

Seriously??? Wow, you're a celebrity! (can I say, "I knew her when...?")

mamahasspoken said...

Take great pictures! You know, because some of us will be at work....

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bonnie - you can always DVR it silly. but yes, I will be taking pictures.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cora - I'll remember all you little people don't you worry. :-)