Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Chew....Can you hear me Gordon Elliott?

I absolutely love The Chew!

My husband and I watch it daily (it’s on our DVR)
After work as I am slicing and dicing we sip on wine/cocktails as I prepare dinner & we watch the show.

I love the mix of hosts.
I love the mix of foods, yes even the vegetarian ones, who knew?
I enjoy the topics and tips as well.
We have made many a recipe from the show.
This winter Michael Symone’s spicy creamy tomato soup is my husbands crack.

I would so like to be on The Chew.
Yes, this is high on my bucket list.
May I be allowed to be a guest star?
Okay, so I’m not a star…..minor detail really.
How about just a guest?

Oh no, I don’t want to sit in cafeteria row but to interact with the “gang”
Be at their table. Share in the stories and food.
Please, just for a day?! It’s just a quick trip up to NYC from DC.
I’d pay my own way and be a nice polite and proper guest.

You see I have learned a lot since watching.
Clinton has taught me what not to bring as a host/hostess gift.
I promise not to talk with my mouth full.
I will sit back and listen intently.
I will only speak if spoken to.
I can contribute if asked but only if asked.
And if I am asked I can share a few funny and delicious food stories from my family.

Oh sure there would be a great deal of anxiety over ‘what not to wear’ when meeting Clinton.
But I think if I bring a bottle of Grey Goose (or my favorite Tanqueray) for him it may soften his opinion about my clothing don’t you?

I’d hit it off with Daphne because I LOVE to drink red wine and we all know how it is loaded with antioxidants. She loves antioxidants – we’d be pals. I may not eat tofu but we can work around that minor detail.  She could be another little sister.

I am 100% Italian American so Mario knows how things were in my house growing up.
I never got to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich until I was an adult.
I was sent to school with salami, cappicola or prosciutto and no one would trade with me!
I was ridiculed beyond belief.
Yet my father would proclaim the exact thing to me that Mario used to at the top of each show. He said that phrase so often my sisters and I had a T-shirt made for him.

Carla (from Top Chef fame) and I can discuss baking.
She and I both had a cookie company in our past lives.
Mmmmm….and her 10 gallon apple pie! My oh my!!

Then there is Michael Symone. Aah, Michael. Sigh
If you promise to keep it a secret I will confess here - Michael is my pretend boyfriend.
(Yes my husband knows this and laughs as well)
We also have a great deal in common aside from bonding over pork and bacon.
I too lived in Cleveland and I grew up in a small town next door in Erie PA.
I’m a Midwestern gal from a very ethnic family where it’s all about family, food and wine.
(And of course the plastic covering on the living room furniture)

See I can be one of the gang so easily.
Would you please be so kind as to allow me to be lucky enough to win this show lottery?

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ohhh can you send me the recipe for spicy creamy tomato soup?? I've been looking for a good one for a long long time!! I also have a crush on him! He's so adorable

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carolyn - done! I hope you enjoy it as much as my hubby does. Yes, Michael is cutie patootie!

Julie H said...

Hmm well never watch tv so nothing to comment on that :)

mamahasspoken said...

I've only watched parts of it twice. Didn't even know what the show was until I saw it while waiting my turn to get my mammogram on President's Day and let's face it, when you are waiting to have your boobs flatten to the thickness of a pancake, the last thing you're able to do is focus in on what's happening on a tv screen.....

Ms. A said...

I'm not familiar with this show? Could it be because I don't cook? I'll bet my kids know about it!

I do have one small question, how does someone not eat with their mouth full? Do you just take really tiny bites?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cora - OMG that is so damn funny. I changed it to read TALK w/my mouth full.
See how excited I get thinking about my chef Michael and the gang?

Anonymous said...

i read your text last night! i want to know more!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i read your text last night! i want to know more!!!!!

Tracy said...

too funny...I never even heard of that show! I guess I spend too much time on the computer :)

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I'm ashamed to admit I've never seen this show but you make it sound great! If you go on I'll definitely tune in just to see if you really will be a good girl. I have a feeling you'd spice it up a bit - in a good way!