Friday, April 2, 2010

Finally Friday

Thank you to everyone for all the good wishes for Izzy!

She came home last night.  She is moving slowly.  She is eating a very small bland diet.
We were to give the food they sent us home with--- just a wee bit every couple hours to see if she would continue to hold it down.  So far so good.  We had a family walk last evening but she wasn't her normal sprightly self but she did explore.  This morning she saw a bunny and normally that makes her want to run after it with me trailing behind but she just stopped and sat and then just watched it hop along.  This is her just staring at the bunny this morning.  Made me sad even though I was thrilled not to be running after the bunny.

She has gained a couple of the pounds she lost which is good.  She lost about 6lbs total.
Since she kept her food down from last night she is on medication this morning for the next 10 days.

We are both so thrilled to have her home but she still isn't her old self just yet. Heck she slept until 6am.  She never sleeps that late. Honestly that was kind of wonderful.
She also was not as thrilled to see me as she was to see Rick last night.  Rick picked her up last night and she wouldn't leave his side. Me on the other hand was just that mean woman who kept taking her to the hospital and to the doctors and leaving her there. She started to warm up to me only after Rick left for work this morning.  Basically she didn't have a choice.

Right now she is sleeping at my desk. 
I had to turn her bed upside down because she doesn't like the smell of the other side now. She got sick on it and I had to use the ole Spot Bot machine on it.  The cleaning solution is okay for dogs - first thing I looked into. And since the machine is made for pet spots it should be.  But she kept smelling it on the corner and she heaeded to another corner so I had to flip it. I'm not sure what that is about but I thought I better follow her lead on this one.  We don't need anything else to encourage vomiting.

After just over $2,600 we still don't know what made her ill.  Thankfully she had no major issues such as a twisted tummy or a blockage as they originally thought. They are assuming she ingested something bad for her.  Duh!  But I did get our vet to say that if she does get sick I could give her some Pepcid to calm her belly but to still call them.  Knowing that I can give her that helps me in some odd way. 

I am most thankful for Rick right now.  Honestly when he told me he wanted to get pet insurance just before we got Izzy I thought he was nuts.  Certifiably nuts.  But I never had a dog before so I went with it.  He kept telling me Labs have issues and we really could be forking over a lot of money if we don't.  So every month $29 is taken from our checking account and it is the best $29 dollars I spend every month I think.  It has paid for itself even before this incident. This bill  was a killer. We do have a $250 deductible and then they pay the other 80%.  That really helps!

Now to one of my other topics for today.  My damn Header here on my blog.
What. the. hell?  Suddenly my photo doesn't fit.  So I tried to change it by using another photo of my blooming tulips.  That didn't work.  All of the photo's appear blown up and even though I have chosen shrink to fit it won't.  I am so darn frustrated. Rick tried to help because he assumed I must be doing something wrong.  But it got to him too.  So I am shopping for a new template and to hell with this crap. I hate fighting with technology. 
There are days when my entry is all off and it is double spaced and I go into the HTML and fix it and it only fixes 1/2 of it.  The fact that they took spell check out of the post really fries my arse.  I can't spell for shit and now spell check is gone.  So as my frustration grows I am on the look out for something new.
I have contacted a fellow blogger who does some great illustrations.  I will be seeing if he can help me out by making something for me. You'll see it hopefully soon!  If I go this route I will leave all his info if someone else is interested.

Topic 3.
Why did the book Eat, Pray, Love go through the roof and make this rich spoiled woman more money?  If you loved this book I want to hear why.  Seriously I want to know what I am missing.  I have not even finished it and I am so tired of her spoiled, selfish, whiney ass that I want to scream.  If she is looking for spiritual enlightenment then she needs to let go of her selfish self.  Unless she changes drastically by the end of this book I don't see her learning a darn thing. Humility maybe a nice place to start. So please in all seriousness tell me why you loved this book and why the phenomenon of this book. 

Topic 4 -
Our weather here is icky.  We had winter and now it's 80 degrees. We never got spring.
I went from the heat on to air conditioning.  Although we both refuse to turn it on for the simple fact that it's April 2nd! This whole weekend is in the low 80's and all next week as well.
I love 4 seasons.  I wanted and was so looking forward to spring. The only thing about 83 degrees in March/April is at least the humidity isn't high right now. You can live without the A/C.   But I still wanted to bitch about it. :-) 
I would love to live where it's 65 - 75 all of time with some rainy grey days thrown in every once in awhile for a day to hunker down with a good book or movie.  But since those areas are all in California I'll never get to live there.  Hubby doesn't care for California.  He's an east coast guy and truth be told I'm an east coast gal.  So I bitch....tee hee

Topic 5-
My boys of summer!  It's that time of year.  Spring training is just about over.  Sunday night we play our dreaded rivals for the season opener.  I can't even say their names. But this person loves them......right T?  This game is on their turf.  My boys start slow every year so I don't see us winning, but a girl can dream.  So my Sunday night will be watching these guys.

With a little help from a couple of these


Happy Weekend Everybody. A big thank you to you all again for your well wishes.  I hope I can share with you that Izzy is back to normal and doing great very soon.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I join you with the martinis. Extra olives please.
Mary

Dame Nuisance said...

I am very familiar with the pet cold shoulder when I've been the 'bad guy' to take the pet to the vet. It hurts, but thankfully they get over it and start loving you all over again.

So glad to hear Izzy is home again - just in time for Easter!

Gal Friday said...

Oh, that photo of your pup and learning she is still not quite herself makes me kind of sad...but at least she is on the mend and will be chasing rabbits again(soon?). Good thing it turned out to be nothing serious like a blockage, but I still would have liked to have found out exactly WHAT happened to your dog.


I like the 60 to 70 degree weather best, too and always wonder where in the world it would be like that always(probably nowhere) but am willing to put up with snow and ice and occasional torrential rainstorms because I am an east coast kind of gal, too.
And...it's going to be a GREAT game Sun. night, no matter which team wins, right? ;-)

BTW, I nthought you had intentionally altered your header photo because you were feeling so down because of the situation lately with Izzy.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I have so many issues with my photos and formats and just finally gave up. They do weird things all on their own and I have no control. I just concentrate on content and don't waste time on the rest because it makes me want to pull my hair out which isn't the point of blogging for me. I'm glad Izzy is feeling better. She's just tired of being sick, so she'll rest up and then be back to her lively old self. Oh, and I loved the book Pray Eat Love but that will have to be a comment unto itself so I'll get back to you. Spring in California is perfect as is every season but, we had a 7.2 earthquake today so living back east didn't seem like a bad idea!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

i would so love to talk to you about this darn book - the more i read the angrier I get!