My head is pounding and my eyes hurt as do my teeth. What the hell is this?
Have any of you watched the 6 episode show on Netflix, A Nearly Normal Family. It was based on a book I never read. This thriller takes place in Lund, Sweden as in the book. But it is in American English, not subtitles, but some things do remind you this was not in America. I won't give those things away. For only 6 episodes, I think it's worth watching. Rick watched all 6 in one night. I, not feeling great last evening, fell asleep. But when I awoke I was then up all night until probably some time tonight. I then watched the ones I missed. If you like thrillers you'll like this.
This hairdresser I am going to again @#$ up my hair. She is so inconsistent. I now know that I can't continue with her. The price is great but I am getting what I paid for. I hate the thought of paying $85 but it looks like I must. The good thing is that I won't need a cut until February now!!
As she is cutting my hair she begins to share how she went to a new doctor since she moved. But she didn't have a connection with her. While she hates the idea of the drive to her old doctor she is going to suck it up and go back to him. Then she says with pride that after her last visit, he touched her forearm and said, "Would you like to pray with me?"
She went on about how she thought that was wonderful. Oh boy.
I said NOTHING. My tongue was bleeding. If a doctor said that to me that would be the last time I'd see that doctor. I prefer a man of science thank you. Keep your damn religion to yourself. She asked me, "Wouldn't that make you feel better just hearing that?" I said, "No." I think she felt me tense up and dropped it. I didn't want my hair to be worse.
But this meme made me think of that conversation.
In the meantime, I need to lie down. Rick has all he needs and I just need to close my eyes with a warm compress.
Here are some memes I've enjoyed.
Have a good weekend everybody.





11 comments:
The last 3 of those speak to me haha.
I feel like it's cringe-y when public things are started with prayer. They still do that for our big club meetings where I live.
I'm so sorry Peg. Lay down and rest my friend.
Cruisin Paul
Religion is incredibly personal. Unless I have a previous personal relationship with someone I would never bring up the topic, and would expect them to do the same.
My stylist is JW. She tried once to talk with me about it, she had her tablet all ready and was gonna give me the spiel, I told her, "Can we not do this? I think my personal beliefs should be exactly that... personal."
She hasn't bugged me about it since.
I hope your headache is better. I had a really, really bad one with covid at the end of October.
When my teeth hurt along with a headache, I think sinus infection. I know you're sick of doctors (deservedly so!!) but a course of antibiotics might be in order.
I am terribly offended when some fringe person in my life spouts their religion to me. Boundaries!
Nina
It appalls and somewhat amuses me how people here just assume I am a Christian. It's not so much southerners but mostly people from the middle stares. Southerners hear I am from Vermont and assume I am godless beyond hope of salvation.
Hope you feel better. Lots better. Soon.
How strange. Well, I'll pray for your hair.
I wouldn't normally be too bothered if someone mentions praying with me - in a certain context. But a medical doctor?? Red flag!
Julie, agree about public prayer.
Paul, thank you. I just woke up :-)
Kathy, good call!
Ami,at least this woman was smart enough to know I did not wish to discuss this with her.
Nina, I am now taking antiboditics.
Olga, I do not care what you do or don't believe in just wish people unless my close friends not discuss this in a public forum. It's personal. I have 2 friends who are aethetist and we discuss this like friends do.
Abby, thanks I need the prayers for my hair. LOL
In all seriousness when people tell me they are praying for Rick's health or for me I sincerely thank them. I just prefer my doctors to be men/women of science and I don't think this needs to be discussed at the hairsalon either.
I hate when incidents like with your hair dresser happens. And it happens a lot here in West Michigan all my life. People just assume if you don't have horns growing out of your head you must be a Christian. One of the women living here at the CCC announced one day that she didn't believe and two others haven't spoken to her in over a year.
Jean, you should ask them if Jesus would shun them? Lol.
The last meme is just too true. I'm glad there was no social media when I was in my 20s.
Post a Comment