Sunday, December 17, 2023

Movie Reviews

 My life has become small since Rick's stroke. We don't go out much at all.
Because of that, we watch a lot more TV than ever in my lifetime.

We watched 2 movies this weekend. We each got to pick one. 
Rick's pick was okay but then again it was his choice. 
It was called The Family Plan. It was cute. I can't say I loved it, but it was
entertaining it's own way. I could leave the room and get caught up you know? But I can see this becoming an Apple hit.

My movie was A Good Person.
I adore Florence Pugh and Morgan Freeman can do no wrong.
Nothing explodes, no guns, no comic book characters. Real life.
Written and Directed by Zack Braff (yes, the one from Scrubs)

Rick said at the end of this one, "OMG you win. This could get an Academy Award for Florence Pugh."
I too felt that way. The pain she could show in her eyes. Boy, this was a moving movie you get all the feels in this one.
And Florence, in every movie she is in, she is such a chameleon. 

After the movie, we just kept talking about it. How we'd feel if this happened to us. Could we ever let it go? 
I so highly recommend you watch this movie when you can. It's on Prime. 
If you do watch it (Abby) please tell me your thoughts. 
I watched it on Saturday and I can't stop thinking about it.

11 comments:

Mike said...

I checked and "A Good Person" only has a 58% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Their overall opinion was "meh".

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It got 4.5 stars. But so what, we loved it!

Abby said...

Ooh, this looks like a goody. I also love Florence Pugh in anything.
Wouldncha know we just canceled amazon prime!? But hey, we can rent it!

Olga said...

Thanks for the recommend. I will definitely check it out.

Kathy G said...

We cancelled all of our movie streaming services, but will keep your recommendation in mind for if that changes.

Grace said...

The only thing I know about Florence Pugh is that she wore some outrageous outfits at Cannes this year. I guess I follow fashion more than entertainment! LOL

Since my husband passed, I, the great non-watcher of anything, have found myself watching 'tv' a lot - more than ever in my whole life, it fills in the hours but I still don't have a lot of patience for movies and still use the fast-forward button a lot.

Julie H said...

I watched the Bookclub Next Chapter. It was pretty lame

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Grace, I am so sorry to hear that your husband has passed away. I hope that in time you will get back to blogging.
Movies while subjective, sometimes give me the escape I need.


Julie, yes, that was not so great I saw it in the wee hours. It was indeed lame.

Grace said...

I've never stopped blogging! My blog has been on Wordpress for the last few years LOL

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Grace, ok that's why I can't find you anymore. I can't geut on wordpress. Each time it asks for a password and I set up a new one. Next day it says it is wrong. I gave up.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Grace what is your blog name to find on Wordpress?