Friday, June 23, 2023

Walking

I look like the evolution chart. Getting up is very painful as you can imagine with all this abdomenal surgery.

I start hunched over and slowly get upright.

This morning I'm hangry. I had a yogurt. No food since Monday.

How much broth can one ingest? I'm at my max I'll tell you that. I skip meals. I just can't drink broth 3x a day. 

They gave this yankee grits this a.m. No! Gross. I don't even eat Italian grits(polenta) I don't understand their appeal. Yuk!!

Rick and Laura are coming with some food for me.

Drs were to be here tthis morning. Hoping they say I can go home now. 

I have not slept for 24hrs. They gave me milk of magnesia and a stool stimulator. So I've gone since 2p and still going. It's pouring out of me. OK TMI.

I hope to go home and have a scrambled egg and a piece of gf toast. Mmmm...food.

That's all for today.

Fingers crossed dr shows up this a.m. and I'm homeward bound

__________

Update-

Laura and Rick left and then the doc came in and said I could go home. She can't leave Rick and come and I don't wish to drag him out again since he is so fatigued. So tomorrow morning I'm going home.

I got real food today so I feel better and I'm nicer now😃


11 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

I hope that they allow you to go home. I think you & Rick after all the crap that you two had to go through, I hope everything now goes well. My thoughts will be with you both.


Cruisin Paul

Julie H said...

Hope you get sprung!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

No to grits, eh? I do like polenta every now and again.
I sure hope you are home soon!

Mike said...

Claudia has the opposite problem. She's filling back up again because she can't go. I'm not sure which is worse, not enough go or to much go.

S Jane said...

I am glad u are better. Also glad u are home bound. Glad that Rick is better.

Janice said...

So happy to hear you are going home. Hope you heal quickly!

Peg said...

I'm so glad that you get to go home. You and Rick will both get better faster together and in your own home, with real food. I sure understand about you being nicer once you got some edible food. Hospitals will do that to you - make you feel NOT nice. It's hard to be nice when you're miserable. Sending healing prayers and light.

Ami said...

You'd think they'd be trying to figure out what you can eat and be, oh, I don't know, TAKING CARE OF YOU.

And grits. OMFG. YUCK.
(Yeah, I've had southern ones... they still taste like crap.)

I hope you get to go home right away.

Abby said...

It sounds like the worst parts are over? Glad you get to go home, and you got some real food! Your "evolution chart" reference provided a great visual. I hope you fully homo sapien soon!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Glad you got great news on going home. I take it the surgery went well, too. Sending healing hugs and good wishes

Anonymous said...

Yay, yay, yay! You get to go home soon. Sorry that the hospital food sucks. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Be careful with broth-some of them have hydrolyzed wheat or some s*** like that.

Hugs. Rachael K.