From my hospital room...
I have not eaten since Monday and I get a liquid meal. Oh yum.
All the inerds removed and my abdomen is in some real pain. But I just got drugs so hopefully that will help.
They have me walking a lot!! Guess to get things flowing.
And my husband is right, there is no sleeping or resting in a hospital. They come in all night for vitals, blood draw etc.
I looked at my lunch menu and there is nothing I can eat. Hospitals suck. There are a million+ people who have celiac disease. There is no cure or medicine. So my diet must be adhered to so I don't get really sick and in pain. So no food for me. I even ask the food department is the tomato soup was a can, if so you see I know there is wheat in it. She didn't know. WTh? So I will continue to not eat I guess. Sucks.
Ok you don't need me bitching.
I'm doing ok for first day after surgery they tell me.
Oh and because I rescheduled my surgery due to the stroke I am at a little hospital in a small town south of me called Smithfield (as in ham & bacon people) everyone is southern unlike Raleigh. All have heavy accents and this sweet woman was talking and I only got a few words. I feel so bad having to ask to repeat. I actually told her I was a Yankee who just moved here and is struggling with the accent. For some reason she found that hysterical (better than offended) she said, "thank you for saying that so nicely. I'll slow down for you. You're funny I'm gonna like you."
Now how was that funny? But hey whatever it takes right? I'm gonna learn southern if it kills me.
Like, "I'm fixin' to git out of my chair and not cry in pain. "Tee hee
Talk to you all sooon
7 comments:
I hope you get discharged quickly so you can recover at home and that the medication kicks in quickly. Hugs.
Rachael K
I'm glad your surgery is over. It's ridiculous that the hospital doesn't have a menu for patients with celiac disease. How are you supposed to get better or poop without food? Hope you get to go home soon.
Did that thank you start with "bless your heart"?
Get well quickly! I really can't believe that a hospital food service wouldn't have a dietician aware of celiac disease.
Aw, glad surgery is done. How infuriating about the lack of celiac knowledge! Best wishes for quick healing. Olivia
Totally right about not being able to get any rest in a hospital. Between all the visits, pokes, jabs, and (in my case) a blood pressure cuff that goes off automatically every 15 minutes, there's no way to actually sleep, which is the one thing you want to do more than anything!
Sacrifice yourself for the greater good. Eat the stuff they send you and get sick. An extra two weeks of unnecessary stay in the hospital because they won't pay attention will get somebody's attention. If they keep sending you the wrong food you could stretch it out for a month!
I don't understand why they don't put together a menu for people with celiac or allergies. Glad to hear Rick will be bringing you something you can eat! I do hope you are able to go home today! Take care and give 'em hell.
Post a Comment