It is Tuesday...but it's just Groundhog Day around here.
I'm not doing great but not bad either. One of Rick's team called me at home last night and that scared the hell out if me. This woman is his OT and she's a bitch. She was screaming at me yesterday for no good reason and when she asked m e a question she knew the answer and did not listen. But she only THOUGHT she knew the answer. If she had listened to me she would have known. But i know these types. We all do. Mz Know It All.
Anyway she was calling to apologiz. Rick hates her as do I. The rest of his team is great. I think when I said something to the charge nurse she must have said something. But it wasn't anything more than a half ass apology but I accepted it. Don't need enemies here.
I'm not sleeping well and that doesn't help me any. I never want to eat but forced myself to eat something because I know I need too.
Rick asked for watermelon and I got approval. So when he gets back to his room he will have some watermelon for a treat.
His PT man is Nunzio. He said to me when I met him yesterday, hey a paisan. I laughed and said Yes, I am.
For those of you unfamiliar with the term he was stating, hey an Italian American friend. I never think I look Italian but apparently I do. So I am his paisan.
Rick enjoys Nunzio and his speech person. He just hates the OT, Kelly.
I shaved off all his facial hair yesterday. It needed trimmed badly but he said take it all off. Rick has always had facial hair of some sort so he looks funny to me. They are going to let him shave tomorrow. They want him to try. He can do it, his hands are doing pretty well. They say he's at 50%. That doesn't sound good to me but they seem happy.
I try to watch TV at night and I find my mind wandering. I'm exhausted after 7-9 hrs here yet I can't sleep. I watered the garden, trimmed the yard, did laundry and remade the bed the sister was in. Then I sat and stared at the tube. I fell asleep for 2 hrs. Then I stare at the ceiling and beg for sleep.
I got my mail yesterday and had 3 lovely cards that made me cry like a baby. I will thank everyone personally but my God they meant the world to me.
His roommate is far ahead of him and should be going home soon. He talks about trump and so Rick has decided he has to go. Lol. He's a typical trumpster. Add the fact that Rick was watching a baseball game and he hates the nyy so he was harnessing Rick. (He's a red Sox fan, poor thing)
Thankfully they each have their own tvs.
In the big scheme of things his roommate is nothing.
That's all folks for today.
Another 30 minutes and he'll be back from speech. He's had OT, PT, and more testing and now speech. He will need a nap and they will make him eat. They fight him with food. He never wants to eat. So unlike The Big Guy!
Hope you're all having a beautiful summer day!
9 comments:
Eating less is a good thing. The prediabetes program I did years back taught us it's not exercise that helps you lose weight, it's the right food and calorie count. You are still supposed to exercise, but calories are where the loss comes in.
I know why Rick doesn't want to eat. The food in a hospital is lousy. I use to hate it the food and then my dad decided to bring me for dinner spaghetti & meatballs, steak and ribs & potatoes and then I started getting better. Get better Rick and you Peg, rest,eat and allow to get better also. I guess you and I are also paisans also.
Cruisin Paul
I am so sorry for what you and Rick are going through. You two remind me in so many ways of myself and my ex, who I loved dearly even though in the end we divorced (long crazy story). Anyway, you remind me of my best times with him.
He also had a very difficult medical condition, though not a stroke. I have some understanding of what you are going through, and you have my sympathies. If I lived near, I would bring you a lasagna. Instead, I can only offer my thoughts and prayers, and let you know that we are all thinking of you and Rick and wishing you well. Also, that man built a gazebo lickety-split - he is strong willed and a fighter and those things will help him get through this just fine.
Nina
Ugh, insomnia drives me crazy. I usually pull out my book and read until my eyes won't stay open, but sometimes even that doesn't work. I remind myself that just resting will get me through, and I hope that works for you too. Hang in. He'll be home soon and driving you crazy as usual. hugs
Please eat sweetie. Eating less is NOT a good thing in the middle of a crisis. And it sounds like you aren't eating g at all. Maybe go buy or ask someone to go buy ensure ot some other protein drink. You n3ed the protein and calories. Not online often but Rick.is in my prayers
I was thinking a nice cold protein drink as well. And just unwind if you can't sleep. But I really do hope you can finally get a deep cleansing sleep. Olivia
Mike, he has to eat or he can't expel the energy for rehab. They are hardly concerned about his diet. They are concerned for his fuel. We are all forcing him to eat.
Paul he won't eat outside food either.
Nina, I hope you're right. He didn't have fight today.
Yvonne, thanks. Yesterday just laying on the sofa for a few was helpful rest.
Barb and Olivia, I've begun drinking ensure for a meal so I'm getting my protein in until dinner.
Sending caring thoughts. Hang tough!
Glad to hear the big guy is getting better.
You both will do so much better when he comes home.
Take care of yourself.
Post a Comment