A while back I told you all about Rick being in a clinical trial for RSV.
After his initial shot, he was sent home with a thermometer and a diary link. The first week he had to report in every day via the link. His temp must be taken and reported on this link daily.
After the questions, he could tell them if he had any issues at all.
Simple things like a headache were even to be mentioned.
After the first week, he only has to check in via the link on M-W-F.
Last week he had a headache, then sniffles, then just feeling like, what's that professional term? Oh, like crap.😉
On this Wednesday check-in, he wrote how awful he's been feeling since Monday and they immediately called him. They asked him to come in for an exam. All of this is free including any medications he may need. Plus they pay him to come in and see a doctor. (if hospitalized they pay that too)
He was examined this morning and thankfully he has a common cold with the onset of bronchitis. The rattling just began. They gave him a steroid inhaler that normally costs $600 on Good RX and due to being in the trial he got this for free as well as they paid him $120 for coming in. Wild right?
They were glad this was not RSV and he will take this until better and continue his check-ins and if things change - they will see him again.
Each time he goes in whether to see the doctors or for something they request it is automatically $120. The monthly pay for doing the diary is $80. Honestly, it feels like we're stealing. But there ya go.
Rick got home and shared the experience and said, I'd go to the doctors more if they just paid me. Yes, who wouldn't?
They again stressed to Rick to mask up.
Right now it's very bad out there he was told with the flu/RSV, covid, and pneumonia.
I do mask up already. I have seen more masks lately than I did during the peak of Covid. But there is no way I wish to get anything so mask-wearing is my thing. I've had a flu shot, all my boosters, and I've had a pneumonia vaccine so I SHOULD be okay but why chance it. Besides a mask means no makeup for me.
At some point last night our mailbox was knocked over. We had a delivery at 5:00ish (AM) from Amazon. I was up when I heard it hit the front door. By the time I got to the door to see what the sound was, I found no one was there except for my package. I never even saw that the mailbox at the end of the drive had been knocked over. It was too dark. Did the Amazon driver do this? It was fine yesterday when we took our walk and then got our mail.
It was intact when Rick brought out the garbage last night too.
I'm thinking the amazon driver did it.
On Rick's way home from his exam today he stopped and got some things needed to fix it, like cement. It is rainy, cold, and damp today. Okay not cold, 60-61 but it's damp. I told him to let it go - it is upright now and this can wait. I mean he's sick and he wants to go pour cement outside in the rain. Men! He wasn't going to listen to me but if he gets sicker I will remind him of what I said because I am a ball buster. And yes, I said that to him and he laughed knowing full well I will.
I used to get bronchitis every year like clockwork.
But since my discovery of having celiac and changing my diet, I no longer have seasonal allergies, have not had bronchitis, no more eczema etc. So while it sucks to eat like this I don't mind not getting sick all the time. I have had bronchitis every year since my teens. I do not wish to get this from Rick so I told him to not kiss me. Bad enough we breathe the same air and are together 24/7, but I don't need to swap spit and get this. I am not in a clinical trial so my medicine won't be free. He laughed. He's been staying far away for some time now so I didn't get this. But I mean how far can he go? It's humorous really.
Today I also dropped off some books at the library. As I was leaving I was heading toward Target. But I didn't know how to get to "my" target from here. So I put it in my phone. But google maps wouldn't come up. I tried several times. Then I began to laugh alone in my car probably looking like a damn fool. So I remembered there is a Garmin GPS in the middle glove box. I took it out and put in the address not noticing anything else. It told me it was over 4hrs away. WHAT? Then I realized it was still set to Virginia.
So then I'm playing with settings and not finding what I need.
Which makes me giggle all the more. I am stranded at the library and honestly, I can think of worse places to be stranded. I tried my phone again.
I had internet but not google maps. So I then pulled up a map and tried to see which way to go. I thought I had it when Rick called me. He asked where I was at. He needed me to pick something up for him. I began to laugh and I told him I'm in the library parking lot because I don't know how to get home. He told me to shut my phone down and then turn it back on.
I did that and it worked.
I need maps people!
I made it to Target and I made it home.
Whew!!
11 comments:
Sounds like a pretty sweet gig for Rick. I was in one of those trials once but I didn't make the cut. I wouldn't be surprised if the Amazon driver did it, especially if they are running around non-stop trying to make deliveries. I knew diets did wonders and it is great to hear you don't have to deal with bronchitis and other ailments by eliminating foods. I always tell the kids to turn off their devices when it is being difficult and it usually solves the problem.
Sure glad Rick is getting free meds and pay for getting sick. Sure takes a lot of the sting out of feeling like crap. Don't let him give it to you though.
Deliveries at 5 AM? Yep, think the Amazon guy was the culprit.
Funny about the phone and maps. Usually the reboot is all electronics need but I usually forget too.
I'm a map person too. If it's not a regular route, I'll double check a map first.
Amazon is doing early morning deliveries and making the drivers use their own cars. In our suburb, an Amazon driver was being followed but didn't know it. She got out of her car to take a package to the door and there goes her car down the street. She left it running because who gets their car stolen at 4AM? She did.
I rely on GPS, but every now and then Ford thinks it's a big joke to send me on some wild goose chase. Technology hates me.
I look at a map before I leave the house, sometimes make myself a drawing of where I'm going. I such get a GPS since I'm living in an new area but the idea of one more device in my life is not appealing. Glad you made it home.
I've never used a GPS. I use a map to help me go places.
Cruisin Paul
If we got paid to see the dr we'd never get in even worse than now lol. Although we probably wouldn't get AS sick since we'd go in faster. I used to get bronchitis every year. When I changed my diet and was running all the time I hardly got sick at all.
Mr. Shife - It's been amazing how my life changed after this diet. But I would still prefer not to have this autoimmune disease.
Patti - Yep I see that a lot of you agree with me. My husband doesn't think so. I think his bronchitis has gone to his brain.
Mike - oh how we have looked for maps around here. NONE. I just ordered a road atlas from amazon to keep in the car. I can get anywhere with a map. Yesterday was funny though.
Olga - technology hates me too.
Jean - if I had maps I'd have used them. They don't sell 'em. I wrote a post about that issue;when we got here.
Paul - good for you. : But I am new here. I don't know my way around and there are no freaking road signs.
Julie - oh so trued about the dr office!
Julie, true, not trued. Lol
I google a map to where I want to go and print it out. I know you can't buy maps anymore. I keep a notebook of all the maps I print out for the next time I'm going to the same place.
Thank God Jean I don't have to do that anymore. Just arrived - a big road atlas for the car should I get my GPS to fail again. No paper! Yeah
Post a Comment