R: How many years has it been?
P: Been for what?
R: How many have we been together?
P: Together or married?
R: Both.
P: 35 and 29.
R: For which?
Now I am laughing.
P: Seriously think about what you just asked me?
Now he is laughing at himself.
R: Well, you knew what I meant. You just have to bust my balls, don't you?
P: Hell Yeah, that is the glue that has held us together for 35 yrs.
R: Oh is that what it is?
P: Well and that we're too tired to leave one another.
R: Well, that is certainly true.
P: Oh, I so don't wish to train someone all over again Rick, you can leave me but I'm going with you. You know that's my rule.
R: Ah, I can't handle two women now anymore anyway and I'm too tired to run. Remember I no longer bend or run.
I'm laughing
P: Good, then we'll have our 29th anniversary in a few weeks.
R: Yep.
He says yep as if he knew that was the correct number. I could have said 36 and he'd say yep.
12 comments:
I think laughing together is what keeps a lot of couples going. Based on nothing concrete, just a feeling.
"Glue that held us together..." Yep. We always say that at this point, no one else would have either one of us, so we're stuck. lol
Sunday marked 44 years since the day we met. Met him on my 18th birthday.
WOW. On your 18th birthday is pretty cool. I married my high school sweetheart but we grew up in opposite directions. But I learned a lot and made better choices for myself on the 2nd one. (wink wink) Congrats on 44 yrs!
And yes, humor has gotten us through a great many tough times as well as good. I think it's important. It is to us anyway.
From the sounds of things you two are meant to stay together through rocking chair times. And I do believe humor is the key to most relationships and you have it in spades. Hope you have big plans for the 31st.
Patti, before I quit this blog I want a video of him talking to you guys. You'll see how damn funny this man is. Yes, laughter has gotten us through some very difficult times. You just have to find the partner I guess that has the same sick sense of humor. I got lucky or picked wisely, not sure which.😃
The 29th year anniversary gift is... wait for it... TOOLS! YEAH RICK!
Hey,hey,hey. He has enough tools!
I loved this blog Peg. You made my day my friend.
Cruisin Paul
lol My husband remembers all the numbers and dates. I guess that's a good thing.
Paul, backatcha my friend!!! Glad it helped your day our goofy conversations.
Julie, lucky you! I have to remind him when his daughter was born and I wasn't there!!
Here's to the two of you!
Lol, I loved this post. We just had our anniversary ~ and hey! we both remembered it. We have forgotten for a few days and even a few weeks now and then, and we both laugh about it. Romeo has told me before, we're stuck together because he doesn't want to go through all that romance crap again...which made me howl because he is not a romantic guy. :-)
Happy anniversary you two!
Backatcha Yvonne!!!
Post a Comment