Thursday, December 29, 2022

Crest Strips and 2023

Do you recall my story about my attempt at using Crest Strips?
Well, we saw a commercial for them last night.

Rick reminded me of this event and how much he was so grossed out by what he thought I had done.

To this day it makes me laugh because he's known me for 35 years how could he know me so well and yet think I would do this? Gross.

But he reminded me last night how much he was shocked, appalled, and disgusted, and listening to him tell this just makes me laugh. After all of that my teeth are no whiter. I don't have a lot of porcelain left and what I did have chemo has done a number on them so I guess teeth that look like chicklets are out of the realm of possibility for me. 


2022 was a shit show but not as bad as 2020 and 2021. So let's hope Nostradamus is wrong and 2023 will be far better. Please?



11 comments:

Mike said...

We need to have t-shirts made. "2023 please be nice to me"

Abby said...

What did Nostradamus say about 2023? Or do I even want to know?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'll buy one Mike! Hope you're feeling better.

Abby - oh you don't want to know!

Arkansas Patti said...

Never tried the white strips. That sensitivity side effect scared me off.
Now I am going to have to look up Nostradamus. Yikes, took a peek and decided I'll just wait and see.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, some people do have sensitivity from whitening. I never did but now I have it 24/7 since the chemo. It's not fun but things could be worse so there is that. :-)

Gill - That British Woman said...

I have very sensitive teeth so no whitening strips for me. I hope 2023 is a better year for us too as 2022 has had a lot of downs for us.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I tried Crest Strips and got half way through the box and lost interest because I couldn't see much difference.

Olga said...

I know a woman who had a dentist whiten her teeth and it did make a big difference, but I don't think I would pay that kind of money on my teeth.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga back in the early 2000s I paid just over $500 for the dentist to whiten my teeth. Nothing changed. Talk about a waste of money!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hi Jill, welcome. Yes, the sensitivity issues is a big deal with whitening them. Here's to a great and calmer 2023. Happy New Year.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, I've seen them work wonders on others. But not so much for you and me I guess.