Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Thanksgiving

I'm off the rest of this week. We are doing some exploring that didn't get done while I was in a chemo fog. 

We plan to have a nice quiet joyful Thanksgiving.  
No Friendsgiving this year.😥
We're bummed but I'll be with my favorite person so there is that.

We will watch our favorite Thanksgiving movie and laugh as always.

We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving doing whatever it is you wish to do with family, friends, or alone. 

Here is a trailer from my favorite old movie that has become our tradition.
How can it be bad with Anne Bancroft, Charles Durning, Holly Hunter, Robt Downey Jr, and directed by Jodie Foster?

It's cold here so I recommend hot cocoa with a splash of peppermint schnapps. It is like a melted peppermint patty and it's a surprisingly wonderful soothing mug after a busy cold day. 
Mini marshmallows don't hurt either. 
You're welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving to you All.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the same to you. Btw, not sure if I told you that your snorex or snore rx? recommendation worked! Thank you very much. Olivia

Ami said...

I'm glad you're feeling up to exploring!
And will check out the movie, too.

My must-watch holiday movies are A Christmas Story and Grumpy Old Men. Every year. I plan to watch Firefly again, too. The whole series and the movie.

Have a lovely turkey day!

Arkansas Patti said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your favorite guy and enjoy the exploring. Just so glad you are feeling up to it.

Anonymous said...

All good wishes for a very contented, warm, and loving Thanksgiving. Enjoy the peace and quiet together. Hugs from the base of the mini-mountain in Maine.

Mike said...

The movie is free on Hulu if you have a premium subscription. I'm not sure if I have (my sister has) a premium subscription.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olivia, I am so glad it worked for you!! Works for my hubby too. S0 that makes me very happy. :-) no more snoring.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, my stamina is still pitiful but I'm getting there. I am back to walking daily but I still can't do 3 miles yet. I was at 3 miles before this started and my goal was 5mi. I'm only at 1.5, yesterday I did 1.9 and felt it. LOL
I love grumpy old men. I also enjoyed Firefly and season 2 is arriving in December I believe. Happy TDay.

Patti, I hope your holiday is everything you want it to be!

Regina, Got snow on the base of that mini mountain? I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Mike, yep I have the full Hulu subscription. My nieces use my Hulu, I use their apple, and we all share. :-) Otherwise, I wouldn't have all that I have that is for sure.

Abby said...

Enjoy your explorations! Thanks for the movie recommend!

bluzdude said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Peg.

On our end, I plan to fall into a turkey and football coma and stay there until Monday morning. See you on the other side!

Cruisin Paul said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Peg & Rick.


From your Canadian friend who already had my Thanksgiving in October

Cruisin Paul

Julie H said...

Happy Turkey Day! I might have to watch that today lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, happy turkey day.

Paul, thank you!

Julie, let me know if you watch it and let me know if you liked it.

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm Canadian, ours was last month. Enjoy the day with your favourite person ♥

I love that movie.

S

Olga said...

Enjoy the day! And the week!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Hope your exporting trip was fun and relaxing and you found a little touch of the holiday along the way.