Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Age is more than a Number

People say age is just a number.
I find that utter bullshit. It is more than that.
Sure I get why people say that because 60 for my grandmother was far older mentally and physically than us today at 60.
But you're still 60. As my ortho surgeon said to me, there is a warranty on your parts. So telling me age is just a number, tell my joints, and please leave your delusional thoughts for yourself. I don't wish to have them. 

When your 16-year-old kid says, but mom/dad age is just a number, you know how mature I am, I can handle going to the party and having just 2 drinks if I don't drive. Do you still feel the same about age being just a number?

Saw a lot of celebrities behaving like age didn't matter either. I am not sure it's working. At least for one of them.

Cher is 76 years old.
Cher's boyfriend is 36 years old.
What the hell do they have in common?
He is younger than her children.

Sex is the only thing I can think of but at 76 this poor kid! LOL
Wait, I have to get the lube, oh no, I can't be on my artificial knees, crack, crunch, ouch my hip!  It just makes me giggle.
I guess I should just say, Good for Cher. 
It's just not for me. I need to date in my generation. 
I can not relate to a 36-year-old as far as dating, conversation, and shared experiences but, sex, sure, but I just couldn't date someone that young normally. (Cher's kids are 53 and 46)

Now having said that I have a friend who is 22 yrs younger than her husband. Her husband is not the mature one of the relationship so I think it helps and why it worked for so long. But now that he is older she complains a lot about being 22 yrs younger than him. She's finding it difficult now. I want to say, "didn't you think about that when you began dating him?" 
Of course I did not say that. But she did later in the conversation say that the thought crossed her mind but she was 22 and he was so vital and young to her that it quickly left her mind. Hm...
I saw this with my Dad and stepmom. I have never seen it work but I am sure it does for some, I just have not seen it. At some point the younger one resents it a bit to be a caregiver when they are so young and they feel like they are missing out on their life. 
Look at all those rich older fat white guys with blonde twinkies on their arms....that's working, right? Yep, until his money runs out. 

And then there is the narcissistic Madonna that I saw more of this week. Never have been a fan of hers. 
Apparently, she is dating someone younger than one of her own children. 
I don't think she can/could ever sing in my opinion. 
Don't send me your hate letters, I know she is a gay icon, but she is not ever going to get an award for her voice! 
To me, she is a narcissistic exhibitionist who dances around on stage like an aerobics class instuctor wearing very little clothing and lip-synchs to songs she recorded with the help of autotune. I don't find that all that talented.

Now she has proclaimed she is gay. Attention seeking perhaps?
Why do we care and why must you have a press conference to tell us. Please.

She put braces on her teeth because that is what all the cool kids do - get grills. She has changed her face into this lioness woman I used to see in Manhattan years ago. She looks horrible. She dresses like she's 20, not 64. Look I do not think she should be wearing grandma clothes, moo moos or big ole baggy elastic waist pants with orthopedic shoes, but seriously a thong and a ripped top showing your boobs aren't exactly classy Grandma. 
Then again she has never been classy. 
Don't you wonder if her kids are cringing? 

I get the feeling she is trying desperately to be relevant because she no longer is. Like a Virgin was 40 years ago. Her time has come and slowed down or gone now. Every artist has their time. She needs to be graceful about the new up-and-comers having their time and doing her thing in a mature way. 
But that will never happen. Mature behavior is not her MO.
But what is happening is a pity - to me. 

I saw where 50 Cent was making fun of her face and her rapping on tik tok. Others were doing the same and making fun of her. 'Look at grandma rap.' 
I don't think that was what she was going for. I find it sad that she feels the need to do this. She seems so desperate and it makes me what to wash that shit off her face and hug her. Tell her she is enough just as she is. 
But her look on tik tok of no eyebrows and dressed like a slutty rapper is not a good look for 64-year-old Madonna. Enjoy this time with your 112 kids, and maybe even do more philanthropic things with your spare time and your boatload of money. Stop spending it on your plastic surgeries. 

And speaking of celebrities and their behavior - 
I was up again at 2am and I was going through the tv and saw a documentary about Selena Gomez. I know she is a singer. I know she can really sing because I saw her sing acapella on a show. The woman's got pipes! But aside from her role in Murders in the Building with Steve Martin and Martin Short, I don't know anything about this talented young woman. 

It's 2 am and there is nothing I want to watch and I don't want deep topics. So I hit her doc. I see it's not long so what the hell. BOY was this different than I thought it'd be. This is one brave young talented woman. She is so kind and nice and it threw me for a loop I'm sorry to say.
She is also very sick. She has lupus and a type of arthritis that you get with lupus, she's had a kidney transplant, and she deals with mental issues. 
She lays it all out here. I found her kind, aware of herself, and more poised than most adult women I know. This young woman's parents did a great job as you can see from her politeness to others, her concern for others, and her kindness to all. If you have the time this is a doc that was interesting to me. Kids should watch this not Madonna.
Madonna should be so lucky to be like this woman.

She is hoping to help others who are suffering in silence from bipolar, lupus, or any disease. She said she wants to be the help she didn't have or was afraid to ask for. She met with the President and Mrs. Biden. She was asking for a bill for counseling in schools to be made a class or an option for children. It was an interesting concept. I won't bore you with the details.

And on a very sexist note - 
I saw Jason Mamoa on Kimmel on Wednesday night last week. 
I mean I saw Jason Mamoa on Kimmel.
Now this man could be my son. Hummina Hummina.
You just don't see manly men often anymore. 
You can start around 4:28 to see the spot I am referring to.
You'll see what we all saw who watched it. 
Mmmm, he has a nice body. Not a 12-pack. Just manly!!
(I prefer more dad bod than 6 packs) 
But where's the hairy chest. 
Only thing missing for me, but I'll live.🤣🤣

18 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Wow, Cher has a 36 year old boyfriend. I wonder what he does? Maybe brings her dinner and puts her to bed. Sex, what's that? LOL. When you get our age, love is the best. As far as Jason Mamoa, give me a break. I'm just happy to be married to the same woman and next year will be married 49 years old. I'm a happy man Peg.


Cruisin Paul

Mike said...

Rick and I don't mind sharing the spotlight with Jason.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, Cher's boyfriend is a music producer and her boy toy.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Aah Mikey, you two are such gentlemen. 😁

bluzdude said...

I used to think Cher was smokin', until surgery turned her into a carp-mouthed mutant. So unnecessary.

The thing that Madonna always brings to mind with me is a quote from her previous husband, Guy Ritchie, who said having sex with her was like doing it with a piece of gristle.

Yipe.

I'm with you on getting into the 60s. My mind tells me that I'm still young and hip, then I stand up and my knees tell me "No you are not, either."

Arkansas Patti said...

Cher has always had a thing for young men. She was the first in Hollywood to flaunt her boytoys. I remember her first "bagel boy" Rob years ago. Such a scandal. I always liked her singing though.
Have no opinion on Madonna. Was never a fan of her music? so know zero about her.
One would feel safe with Jason though that leather thong has to be uncomfortable. Nice butt cheeks.

Anonymous said...

Do the famous old guys now! This hit a nerve for me because I’ve noticed that all those internet ads that float by saying “see what so and so looks like now” are comparing famous older women to their younger images. Same for the ads that say ‘don’t wear your hair like this’ and ‘don’t dress like that’. All the ‘you look bad as an older person’ seem to be aimed at women :(

Momoa is 12 years younger than exwife Lisa Bonet :) Olivia

Julie H said...

LOL I laughed when he said I feel like Danny Devito.

One of my friends who is your age was gushing all over this guy the other night and he was TWENTY ONE. My baby son is almost 20 so that just makes me want to throw up.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

bluz, "gristle" eeew

Patti, yes I remember bagel boy. I like Cher's singing as well.

Olivia, I did not know Lisa Bonet was the older woman. Cool. At least they were in the same generation. I always see them with men. My husband now knows that he shouldn't tuck in and when he should. He saw that on Rachel Ray. He now knows what dad jeans are, grandpa moves etc. As for the men, they have looked like damn fools forever. I wanted to shine the light on the female fools this time.

Julie, I laughed at that too. Yes, high creepy factor isn't it? When Rick made a comment once I said, "you realize she is younger than your daughter right?" It grossed him out so bad he never did that again! I mean Julie, how could he never have had that thought about his daughter before? It's a guy thang.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

We have a couple in my family with a twenty year age gap between them. They've been married for 40 years and somehow after awhile we didn't see the age gap anymore. They work because they both have a wide range of common interests and he keeps himself up to date. It wouldn't be for me, though, because she could be in for a long haul of caregiving.

Madonna really was a trail blazer when it came to performance art so she'll always have a place in the history of music videos.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, my friend who I mentioned here you didnt see the age difference either until he got sick. She was/is his caregiver and now she has early onset Alzheimers. Sad 😔 she is in her early 50s.

Mr. Shife said...

Mrs. Shife is 6 years younger than me and I think that is about the right age difference but to each their own. However, 40 years between Cher and her man friend is a little ridiculous. But I guess I just hope everyone finds somebody to love and spend their lives together because it makes things a little easier in this crazy world to have that partner with you.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mr. Shift, agreed!

Abby said...

Sometimes, I'll meet a nice young guy and have a fleeting thought, "if I were 30 (or so) years younger...", but it's VERY fleeting. I'm NOT 30 years younger, so I easily move on. I've had some nice platonic friendships that way because there's absolutely no sexual tension.
I imagine it's hard for big celebrities like Cher and Madonna to let go of the mass appeal they had when younger. I'm so glad to not be famous!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, Rick and I say that often. I would love the money but not fame! The majority of my friends are younger than me, the majority are. I get it in a friend arena. I'll say something and Tammie may ask what it means, as a friend I don't mind explaining but for some reason it would bother me explaining music from the 70s to my partner vs a younger friend. Weird right?

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I had a friend who (last time I saw her which was 15 years ago) lamented her "lost youth"....she is one of those who, if she had the money, would go for all the surgery and implants to keep looking young. I get it, but it's not worth it. Sure, sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and think, when did I get jowls? Haha Most of the celebrity women who have had lots of plastic surgery look like melted plastic dolls.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Drat, I forgot to thank you for the Jason video....he is such a hunk!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's - yes about the melted plastic dolls. Rick used to say that about Pamela Anderson. she was so cute and fresh faced and then she did all this stuff she just didn't need and he used to say she better not get to close to the heater or she'll melt. I'd do something if I could but I can't cut and I don't want injections so I'm stuck with facials and lasers. But since I have no money I will be a wrinkled old crone. :-)