Did not plan to be here today but I just had to tell someone because this old man makes me laugh.
A man who does the engraving for Rick shares a warehouse with people who work with wood. They had a lot of extra wood and called him to see if he wanted it - first choice. He ran out of here like his pants were on fire. I yelled out the backdoor - your shoes. He was in such a hurry he ran out in his socks with no shoes. He is funny.
But this guy has given him some good free wood so Rick in exchange made him a bowl. So now Rick gets the first crack at the free wood before anyone else.
Here is one of his latest. You can't see it here but it glistens. I like the metallic look of the epoxy.


14 comments:
Wow, I think Rick’s bowls are beautiful! When is he going to start selling them?😏
Karen51, he sells them. But his website is taking far longer than we had hoped. His Instagram is @swimmingdogstudio
Somethings he has been asked to make have surprised us. Pot pipes, a charcuterie board with pot leaves, wine stoppers etc. They are easy to make and are inexpensive. Where a bowl can take weeks and a lot of man hours. Thx for asking
It is beautiful! He's definitely got it figured out :)
His bowls are so beautiful they make you wish you had something to put in them. Pot pipes??:)
Thx Julie. Just like you he is artistic and talented.
Patti, yes, a pipe to smoke their pot in.I'll post some photos so you can see. When asked he said I think I can. So he googled some photos and then said oh heck I can do this with scrap wood. So he made one and called the man. The man loved it and Rick gave it to him for free because he had never made one and he wanted to be sure it was okay and he wanted input and what they need/want etc. The man was happy to give his opinions. So Rick made a few more. This man was so blown away that he got this for free he told his friends so Rick sold a bunch of them and they are only $20. But now he doesn't use scrap wood. the last one was a beautiful tiger wood and that sold for $25. His bowls are 100 and up and some way up. Some small ones are far less $40 and up. But the biggies go for more because of labor and product. (like epoxy costs etc) Now Rick's hoping that all his stoner friends tell all their stoners friends and buy more. And that seems to be what is happening. It's quick cash and as Rick said, "hey they are stoned, they will forget they where they put it and may need another." That made me chuckle.
Shipping is included in price. They are HEAVY so that's all included in price.
Rick does beautiful work. I've watched a few YouTube videos of that kind of work and Rick is in the big leagues now.
Would love to see his work in person. I'm betting these photos, though gorgeous, don't do it justice.
I saw a bowl just like that on FB!
I'm going to start a 'buy a bowl from Rick' savings account. So pretty.
Eric had a friend up the road who took all the wood from our weeping cherry tree, we lost it in a storm. He made several bowls from it, one of them sits up on the 'catch all' where Eric throws his stuff every evening.
I can understand the eagerness... at their age, getting wood is an event!!
Ami, good one!!
Beautiful bowl! His skills are improving with each piece!
Yvonne - he's got it down now. Thank you!
Beautiful. You go Rick.
Post a Comment